Thursday 25th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
frightful_oik
Whip

Re: Thursday 25th September 2014

Post by frightful_oik »

QT tonight:
The panel includes Labour's shadow attorney general Emily Thornberry MP, the Scottish government's finance secretary John Swinney MSP, Conservative chairman of the defence select committee Rory Stewart MP, Scotsman columnist Lesley Riddoch and editor-at-large of the Independent on Sunday, Janet Street-Porter.
Not too bad apart from Porter. Stewart is one of the few Tories I bother listening to.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Esther McVey dodges White Dee debate
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/ ... ee-debate/
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

frightful_oik wrote:QT tonight:
The panel includes Labour's shadow attorney general Emily Thornberry MP, the Scottish government's finance secretary John Swinney MSP, Conservative chairman of the defence select committee Rory Stewart MP, Scotsman columnist Lesley Riddoch and editor-at-large of the Independent on Sunday, Janet Street-Porter.
Not too bad apart from Porter. Stewart is one of the few Tories I bother listening to.
Agree with you there. He's another of those 'thoughtful and considered' MPs that don't seem to be in vogue anymore - according to the MSM. Could you imagine him as leader of the Tories - what a different party that would be - and probably much less toxic - it would have to be with Stewart at the helm.

It was Stewart's face that made such an impact on me during the last debate re Scotland and independence that I watched. He was trying to make some reasoned points and was shouted down by a tidal wave of disgust and fury at the Tories and Westminster ... he was visibly pale and shocked by the strength of feeling. Cameron never even put himself in a position to experience that, let alone properly understand it and what was required to help improve things.
Working on the wild side.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Martin Rowson ‏@MartinRowson 3m
The death of the dowager Duchess of Devonshire at the tragically early age of 94 diminishes us all,but can YOU name all the Mitford sisters?

I really, really do love Martin Rowson :lol: :lol: :lol:
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Esther McVey dodges White Dee debate
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/ ... ee-debate/
I smell a stitch up. How come they have refused some journalists that lean towards the left, from their conference, and yet they're letting White Dee in for a debate?

Not surprised about McVey backing down. Typical bully behaviour.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Hmm been a bit hard to get on here this evening.

Anyway, good evening!
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Hmm been a bit hard to get on here this evening.

Anyway, good evening!
Just about to give up!

Evening to you Paul.

UKIP party conference and what are the journalist Tweeting about? Had to pay for their own drinks at the reception, and there were no receipts being issued...

I give up........
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Woo hoo seems to be back to normal.

They seem to be blaming it on having to fix the Shell Shock Bash Bug

Errrr ;-)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Any one would think Labour are in power - or about to be.... :lol: 8-)

Grant Shapps MP ‏@grantshapps Sep 23
Labour’s Homes Tax: sign the petition to stop Labour’s tax on the family home http://www.conservatives.com/familyhome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pic.twitter.com/I1FIeLyTlP
(Glad to be back :)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Nigel Farage accused of exploiting child abuse issue for political gain
Ukip accused of resorting to British National party-style tactics while campaigning to win Heywood and Middleton byelection
By father of child A

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Evening.Been away for a bit,so apologies if this,has been posted from yesterday regarding Legal Aid

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -legal-aid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

LobbyComm retweeted
UpikNews ‏@UpikNews · 6h
Unable to attend the Ukip conference? Create a realistic alternative by dropping some acid and riding a ghost train with Jim Davidson

:lol!:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

AngryAsWell wrote:LobbyComm retweeted
UpikNews ‏@UpikNews · 6h
Unable to attend the Ukip conference? Create a realistic alternative by dropping some acid and riding a ghost train with Jim Davidson

:lol!:
:lol:
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 7m
YouGov/Sun poll LAB - 37% CON - 31% UKIP - 13% LDEM - 7%

suerose retweeted
Tom Pride ‏@ThomasPride 2h
Tory MP Philip Hollobone about to defect to UKIP? http://wp.me/p1U04a-85r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Tim Montgomerie ‏@TimMontgomerie · 9h
Tories and the mansion tax - essential reading from @georgeeaton and @jamesosh http://tinyurl.com/qz9o8x5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 7m
YouGov/Sun poll LAB - 37% CON - 31% UKIP - 13% LDEM - 7%

suerose retweeted
Tom Pride ‏@ThomasPride 2hs
Tory MP Philip Hollobone about to defect to UKIP? http://wp.me/p1U04a-85r" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would that explain all the half arsed articles from half arsed journalists that UKIP are now going to whup Labour? Or am I being unduly cynical?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

suerose ‏@mykkym1 · 16m
Cameron announces that he will declare war on psychopaths and murderers who target innocent & vulnerable people - IDS has gone into hiding!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

ohsocynical wrote:Martin Rowson ‏@MartinRowson 3m
The death of the dowager Duchess of Devonshire at the tragically early age of 94 diminishes us all,but can YOU name all the Mitford sisters?

I really, really do love Martin Rowson :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fascist,the communist,the Hitler lover,the novelist,the (recent)Duchess and the one nobody can remember(the old ones are the next-or maybe not).

As an aside,my better half damaged her wheelchair on visiting Chatsworth and borrowed the old Duke's one as a temporary measure-not a lot of people know that.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

I still don't know how the little subjects within subject work but this is re: Digital Radio.

I have a radio as part of a 20+ year old stereo in my sitting room (stereo has a turntable, great sound to the speakers), a radio that sits atop the fridge-freezer in the kitchen, a radio that is useless as an alarm clock in the bedroom. I don't watch much telly. I don't want another whole set of audio-stuff around my house, the stuff I have all works well and doesn't need replacing despite their hype. But when the BBC judges that 40%+ are listening via digital - which none of mine are but I happen to be listening via laptop right now to something I missed daytime - they will switch off the analogue signal. So Please Don't Do It!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

51A wrote:I still don't know how the little subjects within subject work but this is re: Digital Radio.

I have a radio as part of a 20+ year old stereo in my sitting room (stereo has a turntable, great sound to the speakers), a radio that sits atop the fridge-freezer in the kitchen, a radio that is useless as an alarm clock in the bedroom. I don't watch much telly. I don't want another whole set of audio-stuff around my house, the stuff I have all works well and doesn't need replacing despite their hype. But when the BBC judges that 40%+ are listening via digital - which none of mine are but I happen to be listening via laptop right now to something I missed daytime - they will switch off the analogue signal. So Please Don't Do It!
Look across to the right for the "quote" button (quite small) click it and a new box opens, click below the bracket, and post :)
HTH
:dance:
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

Re: Simon Hughes and Legal Aid, the review into the Bedroom Tax. Can someone please tell the LibDems that they made the choice to climb into bed with the devil, they'll never be trusted again. A year of misery and too many deaths on ESA. "Sorry, we might be wrong, can we have another look?" comes nowhere near to good enough.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 23.07.05.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 23.07.05.png (212.64 KiB) Viewed 10114 times
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

AngryAsWell wrote:
51A wrote:I still don't know how the little subjects within subject work but this is re: Digital Radio.

Look across to the right for the "quote" button (quite small) click it and a new box opens, click below the bracket, and post :)
HTH
:dance:
Here?
Ta v much (if this works, if not, ta for trying), I get here tired and sometimes cross and frustrated too. Too bloomin' much to be cross and frustrated about these days. I'll get round to the whole "how to" some time ....
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tom Hamilton
‏@thhamilton
I'm very concerned that Friday's edition of Antiques Road Trip (4.30, BBC1) has been deliberately scheduled to overshadow UKIP Conference.

:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

refitman wrote:
PorFavor wrote:@refitman

It's getting very "Reservoir Dogs" around here!
So long as I'm not Mr Pink...
Na, Mr Purple (if we are going by colours, as have never watched or read Reservoir Dogs...)
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...