Wednesday 3rd August 2016

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 3rd August 2016

Post by tinyclanger2 »

... you mean this one?

(PS.page 4)
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

PorFavor wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
PorFavor wrote:I've just been across to the other two threads. Welsh Male Face Choirs seems to be the last thing to come up on the Owen Smith thread. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Edited to add an "s"
Not sure, which end have you got?

That one . . . .
Right... sorry thought you had the other one :)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Mentioned Jane Kennedy btw. because of 30 year history of "tensions"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 70631.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DWP will not say whether it is going to cut disability supported housing, women's refuges, and homeless hostel
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

HindleA wrote:Must admit I watched it for the first few years.As to the Damon and Debbie story & spin off wonderful stuff.
Damon getting killed, a seminal TV moment in my childhood.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

From CitizenJA 12.43
"" "There have been some incidents of antisemitic behaviour," Baroness Royall writes.

"Some Jewish members do not feel comfortable attending the [OULC] meetings, let alone participating," she added""
BTW that WAS a quote of, a quote , not CitJA itself ...

In a world when terra-suicide bombers kill say fifty others and ONLY wound a hundred more, on a daily basis in the ME, it is obviously of supreme importance that a few individuals in the mostly extremely peaceful UK FEEL deeply uncomfortable because some twit says something twittish that by a small stretch could be seen as anti-Jewish. !

Political Correctness gone mad :)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I once pushed (with others) Justine Kerrigan (Tracy Corkhill) in a hospital bed around Chester in the half marathon,extremely pretty woman ,nice personality imho.Not as nice.as my later wife,I hasten to add.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

It was that or being part of a centipede,I think I made the better choice.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Labour could 'bust apart and disappear', Smith warns Corbyn

Owen Smith says he is standing against party leader because he wants to stop break-up of Labour into factions (Guardian)
Discuss.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... n-factions

Edited to add attribution to quote
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Currently 77/17 clp noms JC/OS
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... economists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cash handouts are best way to boost growth, say economists
In letter to the Guardian, 35 economists state that providing money directly to households would be most effective policy

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -essential" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... resciption" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Diabetes drugs cost NHS nearly £1bn a year
Big rise in numbers diagnosed means 10% of cost of all NHS primary care prescribing is now for type 1 and type 2 medication
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

FWIW both my parents have got diabetes,both go regulary to the gym,eat correctly etc .both got it their late '70's.There is a lot of generalised crap at least the article,unusually made the distinction between type 1 and 2.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/st ... ip-contest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which CLPs are nominating who in the 2016 Labour leadership contest?

Has 78/17-gives details.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Stephen Bush

#My back of the envelope maths averaged out you'd expect Corbyn to get about 60% and Smith 40%among members.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Continuing my obsession.I have submitted a question to the leadership debate -Cardiff tonight,but question rolls over if not chosen.I asked on position on the ending of Attendance Allowance and willingness to commit to reversing,if carried through.This is a rubicon of great import.IMHO.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... s-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump insists campaign is greater than ever as Republicans plot 'intervention'
High-profile Republicans are reportedly considering whether to confront Trump amid the candidate’s increasingly outlandish behavior
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... nd-injured" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mass stabbing in central London leaves woman dead and six injured

Russell Square

Stayed there a couple of times
Last edited by HindleA on Thu 04 Aug, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"My colleague Richard Barnes is at Russell Square and sends this update. It is currently 3.40am in London:

Just after 2am at the opposite end of Bedford Place, which runs away from the south side of Russell Square, a police officer was stopping people entering the road, which was cordoned off with police tape. Pointing up towards the square he said “seven people had been stabbed”, and that the suspect had been caught just behind him – where two forensic team officers in protective suits were going about their work – and was now in custody.

He was unable to give any more information either about the victims, the suspect, or what the motive might have been.

At about 2.30am the police were just closing off the east side of Russell Square at Southampton Row, quite a busy main road. The south side of the square was already closed off with police in vehicles at both ends. Bedford Place was also closed although they appeared to be letting residents in and out"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Scotland Yard’s counter terrorism command, known as SO15, are involved in the investigation.

At first officers from the local borough responded and made the arrest following the detention of the suspect.

But as detail emerged, the decision was made to have the counter-terrorism command involved in the investigation.

In a sign of the seriousness with which the incident was being treated by the Met, senior officers had been called into work, including chiefs in the Met’s counter terrorism command."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Metropolitan police statement

Police were called just after 10.30pm last night [Wednesday] to reports of a man armed with a knife assaulting people at at Russell Square, Camden.

Armed officers arrived at the scene within five minutes. They discharged the Taser while confronting and arresting the suspect.

Six people have been injured, including the one woman who sadly died at the scene and the others have received various injuries. The deceased woman is in her 60s but it would be inappropriate at this time for me to give any more personal details about her.

A 19-year-old man was arrested shortly after 10.39pm and is currently in police custody at hospital.

Early indications suggest mental health is a significant factor in this case and that is one major line of inquiry.

But of course at this stage we should keep an open mind regarding motive and consequently terrorism as a motivation remains but one line of inquiry for us to explore.

At present the Met’s homicide command are investigating the incident but at present are supported by our counterterrorism unit.

As a precautionary measure tomorrow, Londoners will wake up and in the morning they will notice an increased police presence on the streets, including armed officers. This is there to provide reassurance and safety. We ask the public to remain calm and vigilant and alert.
extankie
Backbencher

Post by extankie »

HindleA wrote:http://www.publicsectorexecutive.com/Pu ... s-spending

DWP trialling use of blockchain to track benefit recipients’ spending
New data sharing technology could be used by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to track benefits’ recipients spending, Socitm has said, depending on the outcome of a new pilot.
In a new briefing on blockchain, a data-sharing system first used in the Bitcoin online currency, Socitm, the representative organisation for local authority IT leaders, says that it is already being used by organisations without public access.
It says that the DWP is part of a consortium piloting a system that tracks benefits claimants’ receipts and spending patterns in order to subsequently offer financial management advice to those who would benefit from it, in what Socitm calls “a not uncontroversial move”.
Pay cash for everything from now on..it`s enuff to make one paranoid......