Prime Minister

The future.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Machines will replace you.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Re: The future.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Actually I might as well put this here rather than wasting another topic.

I got some super futuristic orange gel the other day to wash my clothes because it was half price in Tesco.

Now I'm a hand washer, I'm fighting back against the machines like John Connor.

Anyway I got this stuff and just squeezed it into the sink like washing up liquid then stirred it about with my clothes. There seemed to be a lot of bubbles but I wasn't overly concerned. Then when I was drying my stuff there was rather a strong smell of oranges but again I took this in my stride reasoning that it would abate once everything was dry.

It didn't.

On the bus the next day I became aware that my trousers absolutely stank of oranges. Which was alarming because never before have I been aware of the smell of my trousers on public transport. I ended up taking my coat off and putting it over my legs hoping to mask the stench. Then I got to my friends house and after ten minutes he asked "What the hell is that smell?", to which I could only reply, "My trousers".

Later, after 3 bottles of wine, I no longer cared as much but while the smell remained obviously noticeable on my bus journey home in competing with the old lady who smelled of sick and the stench of weed from the fellow asleep on the back seat it actually smelled quite nice.

I'll just use a little bit less next time.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Actually I might as well put this here rather than wasting another topic.

I got some super futuristic orange gel the other day to wash my clothes because it was half price in Tesco.

Now I'm a hand washer, I'm fighting back against the machines like John Connor.

Anyway I got this stuff and just squeezed it into the sink like washing up liquid then stirred it about with my clothes. There seemed to be a lot of bubbles but I wasn't overly concerned. Then when I was drying my stuff there was rather a strong smell of oranges but again I took this in my stride reasoning that it would abate once everything was dry.

It didn't.

On the bus the next day I became aware that my trousers absolutely stank of oranges. Which was alarming because never before have I been aware of the smell of my trousers on public transport. I ended up taking my coat off and putting it over my legs hoping to mask the stench. Then I got to my friends house and after ten minutes he asked "What the hell is that smell?", to which I could only reply, "My trousers".

Later, after 3 bottles of wine, I no longer cared as much but while the smell remained obviously noticeable on my bus journey home in competing with the old lady who smelled of sick and the stench of weed from the fellow asleep on the back seat it actually smelled quite nice.

I'll just use a little bit less next time.
Excellent.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A Day In The Life
I would caution against anything that may cause you trouble in the identification stakes

FWIW I used a bath and a block of Fairy soap-the kind for "stubborn stains".Served three purposes,self,clothes and exercise regime-no idea if it still exists.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

You would have thought clothes would have learnt how to wash themselves by know.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The future's orange.