The powers of negative thinking.

Random Banter
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

The powers of negative thinking.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

After three days of burning pain in my chest this week that initially I assumed was just heartburn I finally bowed to the 'wisdom' of the internet and decided I'd probably developed some kind of heart complaint. I actually began to feel dizzy, have pins and needles in my fingers and toes, felt the pain migrating to my arms. But there was still that nagging doubt, that little niggle in the back of my brain saying 'it's just really bad indigestion', so I decided to visit a pharmacist before taking my concerns further. She gave me some indigestion tablets that cost a pound and after two of them I was fine within half an hour. I'll admit to feeling like a bit of a fool but mostly I was just relieved.

It really is astonishing how much of an effect the mind can have on the body. And the mind for that matter.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Re: The powers of negative thinking.

Post by citizenJA »

It sounds like you listen to yourself and don't ignore or suppress what body and mind (spirit*) communicate.
Sky'sGoneOut wrote:...there was still that nagging doubt, that little niggle in the back of my brain saying 'it's just really bad indigestion'...
Your course of action was sensible, appropriate and successful. You paid attention. Ignoring or suppressing pain, discomfort or pleasure isn't good and you didn't.
Sky'sGoneOut wrote:I'll admit to feeling like a bit of a fool but mostly I was just relieved.
I'm relieved too and glad that pain is resolved. There's nothing foolish about the experience, in my opinion. If something similar happens to me or mine, I've got a hold of useful information. Thank you.

*spirit - it's one term I use, you may not, it doesn't matter
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The morning hours are precious. It's the time of greatest energy and creativity. This post is a reminder to myself I've said (written) out loud.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Usual proviso re.if persistent/recurring.Not to install further worry but aid to avoid or investigate further.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

citizenJA wrote:The morning hours are precious.
That depends on what you define as 'morning' CJA.

Seriously though all hours are precious and we are all different as to which of them we prefer.

For me I like a good walk in the late afternoon, especially here now at this time of year when all the birds and squirrels and other assorted beasties are scurrying about sorting themselves out for the evening. It's their busiest time of the day after sunrise and as a night person happens at just the right time for a hearty constitutional.

Don't get me wrong, I love the morning watching the sunrise, but at this time of year I'm happier in bed.