Look what I found.

Random Banter
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Look what I found.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I hope it was alright, I couldn't see the mother around but it seemed quite happy to my totally unknowledgeable eye.

It was making cute snorting noises and rolling around, I really wanted to give it a tickle and see how soft the fur was but I didn't want to leave my smell on it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Re: Look what I found.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I've now informed myself.

This grey seal pup is unweaned, you can tell by the white fur and the fact it's really fat, so believe it or not it's less than three weeks old. I assumed it was very young because it was essentially helpless and completely unbothered by some idiot with a phone standing right next to it. I did the right thing not touching it (well duh), human stink would have caused its mother to stop feeding it. In a week or so it'll be happily swimming about in the North sea unless someone else walked along and found it and left their smell on it, but I was pretty far from anything or anybody besides sheep.

In all my years wandering about the coast of Northumberland and Southern Scotland I've never seen a pup left lying in the grass like this next to the beach, I shall have to be having a word with its mother if she's a Selkie.

Which are like Wereseals.