FlyTheNest
http://flythenest.org/

Post your own Music.
http://flythenest.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1582
Page 3 of 8

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Wed 06 Jun, 2018 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Part of the 'No Wave' scene.

This kind of thing.



Fuck I haven't heard that for 25 years.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Wed 06 Jun, 2018 12:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

It's funny, we get older and we like to think our tastes become more discerning and educated, and to an extent that's true, but suddenly you hear a song you haven't heard for a quarter of a fucking century and you feel weirdly alive. More alive than you've felt in a while. I can't drive so I can't buy a sports car. How does one express their middle aged frustration otherwise? Expensive bird feeders?

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Wed 06 Jun, 2018 12:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Or I guess I could go to an outdoor clothing shop and buy some stupidly expensive stuff and display it in a local park so everyone thought I was a twat.

Yes indeed, walking through urban woods requires Alpine trekking poles.

Mind you North Face does good stuff despite the fact it's become a chav thing, like Burberry before it.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Wed 06 Jun, 2018 12:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Not that I was ever a fan of that faux tartan shit. I'm Scottish enough to realise all tartan is made up bollocks for Yanks and English fuckwits who want to wear a skirt at a wedding.

Anyway...


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Wed 06 Jun, 2018 1:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

And finally.


Author:  adam [ Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  adam [ Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  adam [ Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Tue 12 Jun, 2018 1:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Tue 12 Jun, 2018 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Quote:
Why do you look so bizarre Geoff?


I was a teenage goth. Geoff isn't even making an effort.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Tue 12 Jun, 2018 1:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Tue 12 Jun, 2018 1:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 14 Jun, 2018 11:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

What was the point of them transmuting? I can't remember.

Anyway.



(Editited wrong song).

Author:  adam [ Sat 16 Jun, 2018 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  HindleA [ Sat 16 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.



"It's home dialysis patients paying for second homes for the rich"

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

I saw Gordon Strachan break the net with a shot at St James' park when he was playing for Man United. Me and my dad got up and cheered then got spat on by lots of those friendly geordies. My dad got a bit angry and confronted some of them then the police intervened and asked us to leave. While my dad was arguing with the police outside I remember one of them telling him 'at least they didn't piss on you'.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 24 Jun, 2018 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

I feel I need to do this again.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Fri 29 Jun, 2018 1:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.



Listen to this all the way through. You'll understand then.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Fri 29 Jun, 2018 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  adam [ Fri 29 Jun, 2018 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  citizenJA [ Fri 29 Jun, 2018 6:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
What was the point of them transmuting? I can't remember.

Anyway.



(Editited wrong song).
I'm going off-topic but I like that word, transmuting, transmute, transmutation, transmuter

I remember many dreams from years past. I was a teenager when I had this dream and I'm decades older now. I'm still able to recall the wonder I felt. I held in my hand a device called a 'transmuter'. This allowed me to go anywhere, be anyone, at any time, without limitations whatsoever.

'I'll be able to fix any mistakes made! There's nothing that can't be resolved! There's no end! We have forever in our hands!'

I said that or thought that in my dream. My dreaming self felt love, goodness, those were eternal but fear wasn't. How did I know that? Why did I think that? I was free to be myself, no one could extinguish me, I was eternal. No fear of breaking what can't be fundamentally broken. What would you do if you knew you're forever? I was awestruck. It never occurred to me to do anything intentionally wrong. I absolutely didn't. Why is that? I ask this question not because I long for doing wrong in my conscious life, not then, not now. I'm awake and don't even own a mobile phone. I'm writing the question into an answer to myself. There's no such thing as wrong when everyone holds forever in their hand.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 01 Jul, 2018 11:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

I'm infinitely jealous because my recurring dream when I was a child was of something unspeakable stalking me. A proper monster in the dark lurking in the shadows. Even in my dreams when I turned to look at it it melted away into the darkness. But I knew each time it was getting closer. This went on for years until one night I was sleeping on a friends couch and it finally touched me and just for a second before I began screaming I saw it. It was like a cloud, diffuse but alive and moving. Writhing is probably the best way to describe it. And I've never seen it since.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 01 Jul, 2018 11:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Anyway...


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Mon 02 Jul, 2018 12:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.



This kind of thing protects you from harm.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Mon 02 Jul, 2018 12:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Whereas this doesn't.



(Give it time).

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Mon 02 Jul, 2018 12:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  adam [ Mon 02 Jul, 2018 7:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  citizenJA [ Mon 02 Jul, 2018 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
I'm infinitely jealous because my recurring dream when I was a child was of something unspeakable stalking me. A proper monster in the dark lurking in the shadows. Even in my dreams when I turned to look at it it melted away into the darkness. But I knew each time it was getting closer. This went on for years until one night I was sleeping on a friends couch and it finally touched me and just for a second before I began screaming I saw it. It was like a cloud, diffuse but alive and moving. Writhing is probably the best way to describe it. And I've never seen it since.
That reminds me of one of LeGuin's Wizard of Earth Sea stories.

A man's recurring nightmare made him wake screaming in terror every day. His wife had died and nightly she and others who'd died came to him in a dream. He and his wife loved each other deeply. She didn't want to frighten him but his help was essential to them all. The wall penning those in the underworld needed dismantling.

The man wandered the world alone because his horrifying dreams were disturbing to others. Ignorant of his situation and not knowing how to communicate his quest, he was shunned. People thought him cursed and thus bad luck for everyone. He was, however, a master mender, fixing broken things with his fingers and intention.

He came to the small-holding farm (one goat, meagre root vegetables and not much else) of the man formerly the greatest wizard the world had known lived. That man's name was Ged. He'd done his bit for the good of the world as a wizard. He was retired, happily scratching a living in peace unable to bend a spoon, no magic left in him.

After making some repairs on the farm, the tormented man and former wizard pondered what best to do. The nightmares came to an end after Ged stayed awake watching the master fixer sleep and kept horror away by laying his hand on his. The dreams became more productive and the story ends well.

That's how I remember the story; I may have garbled it. It was originally written by LeGuin. I left the book in another country and haven't read it again in many years.

Author:  adam [ Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

citizenJA wrote:
Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
I'm infinitely jealous because my recurring dream when I was a child was of something unspeakable stalking me. A proper monster in the dark lurking in the shadows. Even in my dreams when I turned to look at it it melted away into the darkness. But I knew each time it was getting closer. This went on for years until one night I was sleeping on a friends couch and it finally touched me and just for a second before I began screaming I saw it. It was like a cloud, diffuse but alive and moving. Writhing is probably the best way to describe it. And I've never seen it since.
That reminds me of one of LeGuin's Wizard of Earth Sea stories.

A man's recurring nightmare made him wake screaming in terror every day. His wife had died and nightly she and others who'd died came to him in a dream. He and his wife loved each other deeply. She didn't want to frighten him but his help was essential to them all. The wall penning those in the underworld needed dismantling.

The man wandered the world alone because his horrifying dreams were disturbing to others. Ignorant of his situation and not knowing how to communicate his quest, he was shunned. People thought him cursed and thus bad luck for everyone. He was, however, a master mender, fixing broken things with his fingers and intention.

He came to the small-holding farm (one goat, meagre root vegetables and not much else) of the man formerly the greatest wizard the world had known lived. That man's name was Ged. He'd done his bit for the good of the world as a wizard. He was retired, happily scratching a living in peace unable to bend a spoon, no magic left in him.

After making some repairs on the farm, the tormented man and former wizard pondered what best to do. The nightmares came to an end after Ged stayed awake watching the master fixer sleep and kept horror away by laying his hand on his. The dreams became more productive and the story ends well.

That's how I remember the story; I may have garbled it. It was originally written by LeGuin. I left the book in another country and haven't read it again in many years.


I read every night to my daughters until they were virtually into their teens, and I read the Earthsea books to the older one. My recommendation is to make sure you remember what's coming and read ahead - the fourth Earthsea book, Tehana, is to a large extent about how Ged's magic is linked to his celibacy, but he can understand life more fully after commencing a sexual relationship with Tenar.

Author:  citizenJA [ Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

I'd re-read the series only one time. LeGuin is one of my favourite writers.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

'The word for World is Forest'.

I like the angry Vietnam war protesting Ursula.

Or 'The lathe of heaven'.

Ursula out Philip K Dick's Philip K Dick.

She'll always be revered by me as someone who took the sensitive dangly bits of science fiction in the late sixties/early seventies and played with them to create something better.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

I know what my approaching monster was. It was my very first panic attack. It happened a few days later and I genuinely thought I was going to die.

Our subconscious is anything but subtle.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Why is so much of it psychedelic and depressing?

Perhaps being brought up watching The Yellow Submarine every school holiday didn't help.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  AnatolyKasparov [ Thu 05 Jul, 2018 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
Why is so much of it psychedelic and depressing?


Those two things don't have to go together, ya know.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Well indeed.

Unless that's how you communicate with the outside world.

Some of us are really fucked up.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 08 Jul, 2018 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Our means may differ but I think we all want the same thing in the end.

Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 08 Jul, 2018 1:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Sun 08 Jul, 2018 2:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.

Lowlife. Ramafied.


Author:  Sky'sGoneOut [ Thu 12 Jul, 2018 12:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Post your own Music.


Page 3 of 8 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/