I'm Sorry, I wasn't listening - Avatar Help Needed

Random Banter
51A
Committee Member

I'm Sorry, I wasn't listening - Avatar Help Needed

Post by 51A »

Hi, I know that somewhere there is a whole discussion/step by step guide on how to make a pic into an avatar. I can't find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you
(Don't worry, I'm in no hurry, still undecided on Castle Hill Hudds, Sugarloaf Abergavenny or Shell Grotto Pontypool, that decision might take a while.)

Oh I think I did it and now am not sure how to delete all of this?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Re: I'm Sorry, I wasn't listening - Avatar Help Needed

Post by LadyCentauria »

Congratulations on succeeding in getting your avatar up – and on choosing which pic to use!

@rebeccariots2 recommended this site which will re-size your pic and gives you full instructions on how to find out what the maximum pixel size is for any forum or social website: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

On FTN, avatar images need to have the following maximum dimensions; width: 90 pixels, height: 90 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB.

@refitman has a guide to preparing and posting images here: http://flythenest.org/viewtopic.php?p=1636#p1636
That page also has a lot of other useful tips about posting in this forum. It is called Help With Posting and can be found in the Rules and Regulations section from the Board index.

If you want to delete your post, there is an x in a little box, next to the red exclamation mark, where the thanks button would normally be. Only you, and the mods, will be able to see it and clicking on that x will delete the post. The other way is to click on Edit, then look at the very top line of the Editor which says Delete post. Next to it is a box, clicking in that will delete the post too.

It might be an idea to leave your post up, though, because lots of people will have the same question and will find it useful in the future. Perhaps we need a dedicated Help page on the Board index?
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Yes, please leave it as I still haven't managed to do it.

Also having problems in posting pics on another forum I use, it seems to be that pics no longer get saved into 'My Pictures' on my HP laptop.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

yahyah wrote:Yes, please leave it as I still haven't managed to do it.

Also having problems in posting pics on another forum I use, it seems to be that pics no longer get saved into 'My Pictures' on my HP laptop.
Hi yahyah, your pics might be in your "Downloads" folder. Different PCs do different things with your things, I find. And of course it's left up.

New rules re The Pub are completely confusing me, easily done.