I'm a stupid bastard.

Random Banter
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

I'm a stupid bastard.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

My Grandma died, she was a schizophrenic who ended up with dementia who proved to be such a challenge in a number of 'retirement homes' that my Mum took her out and decided to look after her at home. Last time I saw her she thought she was still in the Wrens and accused me of some sort of sexual assault.

Anyway she died which left me having to go to a funeral last week.

I hadn't seen my mother or father for nigh on five years. We talked, I disagreed, then my dad offered me a cheque for a grand.

Apparently it was money just to make sure I was alright.

I of course refused the money with considerable flourish.

Now I'm home I'm thinking I probably should have taken it.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Re: I'm a stupid bastard.

Post by LadyCentauria »

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Funerals are always tough – and more so when you're estranged from your family.

If you need the money, you could always write to your dad and ask if the offer's still open.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Hi Sky,maybe tell your dad that you're sorry for being an arse and the money would really be a big help.
Once you have it you could always leave it another 5 years if you don't he on.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Well yes I am kind of pissed off at myself for not taking the money to be honest.

Pride somewhat crumples in hindsight into stupidity.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

You know what, on Thursday my brother got sentenced to 19 years in prison. My father has been dead to me for 6 years and he always will be although he is still breathing and lives about 10 miles away. There is nothing more poisonous to mental wellbeing than family and when that gets tangled up with money too, it gets worse.

No-one can tell you what to do. Only you know all the facts perhaps going back decades. Look at those then decide.

I am sorry for your loss.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

@51A: My thoughts are with you over your brother and everything. xx

@Sky: 51A's right. No-one can tell you what to do. You'll make your own decision. My thoughts are with you, too. xx
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

Rebecca wrote:Hi Sky,maybe tell your dad that you're sorry for being an arse and the money would really be a big help.
Once you have it you could always leave it another 5 years if you don't he on.
You see, I don't think Sky should say he's an arse, I don't think he is. I think he is in need of a lot of things but not an arse. I think he is unwell and in need of help and financial help could go some way to some of his needs.

Blimey, families, strange things, they're supposed to unite us all but sometimes divide our loyalties or personal wellbeing and strength.

Good luck Sky, you might find one ally within your family. In mine we are fiercely independent which has been a mistake for quite a few of us.