Request from an FTNer...

Random Banter
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Request from an FTNer...

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Is that it then? God.

I really hate it when this happens.

Who gets to clean out the pans in the cafe? Me. I've got to clear all the FTN tables and get rid of the crisp packets and discarded tourist information brochures. FFS, just pop them in the recycling bin. It's over there. I've tilled up and I reckon that we're breaking even on the week, although I suspect that today may be covering slight losses earlier in the week.

Either way, we're OK and we can now order the blinds and air fresheners for the toilets, at last.

I've noticed that the doggy bowl outside is quite well used by subbers and visitors, but I'd like to point out that there's a cat bowl there too. We don't discriminate at FTN, so bring your cat along too. He or she will love it.

I'll be changing the menu in the cafe soon, as I've had little take up with parsnip surprise and the sales of elk salad sandwiches leads me to think that I'm way ahead of the curve on that one. Probable substitutions for the autumn menu are celery, baked bean, sprout and egg tummy calmer and squirrel-in-a-basket with pancetta. That's looking like a winner.

As usual, I look to FTNers for advice. Do you have some?
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Re: Request from an FTNer...

Post by LadyCentauria »

ErnstRemarx wrote:Is that it then? God.

Who gets to clean out the pans in the cafe? Me. I've got to clear all the FTN tables and get rid of the crisp packets and discarded tourist information brochures. FFS, just pop them in the recycling bin. It's over there. I've tilled up and I reckon that we're breaking even on the week, although I suspect that today may be covering slight losses earlier in the week.

Either way, we're OK and we can now order the blinds and air fresheners for the toilets, at last.

I've noticed that the doggy bowl outside is quite well used by subbers and visitors, but I'd like to point out that there's a cat bowl there too. We don't discriminate at FTN, so bring your cat along too. He or she will love it.

I'll be changing the menu in the cafe soon, as I've had little take up with parsnip surprise and the sales of elk salad sandwiches leads me to think that I'm way ahead of the curve on that one. Probable substitutions for the autumn menu are celery, baked bean, sprout and egg tummy calmer and squirrel-in-a-basket with pancetta. That's looking like a winner.

Oh no! Am I too late for elk salad sandwiches?

I'm sure plenty of people would be partial to Cornflake and Salad Cream double-decker crispbread sarnies. Or Battered-Haggis, Chips'n'Yoghourt on a bed of Radishes. Yum :dance:

Is there a hitching-post and cattle-trough or buckets, somewhere? I had to put Darling T on the lunge, poke it through the pub window, and tie it to the chair-arm but people kept tripping up over it. And then she drank the cats' water-bowl dry and got it stuck on her nose, which added an interesting sound effect to her whinnying for help but was a tad embarrassing so we made our apologies and left quietly in a clatter of hooves. I did re-fill the water-bowls first.

Hence, I failed to help you clear up but will try harder next time. And bring a bucket...
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

LadyCentauria wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:Is that it then? God.

Oh no! Am I too late for elk salad sandwiches?

I'm sure plenty of people would be partial to Cornflake and Salad Cream double-decker crispbread sarnies. Or Battered-Haggis, Chips'n'Yoghourt on a bed of Radishes. Yum :dance:

Is there a hitching-post and cattle-trough or buckets, somewhere? I had to put Darling T on the lunge, poke it through the pub window, and tie it to the chair-arm but people kept tripping up over it. And then she drank the cats' water-bowl dry and got it stuck on her nose, which added an interesting sound effect to her whinnying for help but was a tad embarrassing so we made our apologies and left quietly in a clatter of hooves. I did re-fill the water-bowls first.

Hence, I failed to help you clear up but will try harder next time. And bring a bucket...
I don't mind you bringing T along, so long as she has the deliveries from the suppliers as we agreed. Elk (obviously), battered guines fowl fritters, aubergines, chesnuts, monosodium glutamate, phaal curry powder, fresh elvers, pork scratchings, asparagus tips and walrus nipples - prepare to be surprised with that last one.

I'll look into a trough or large tub, but I don't want her coming in and whinnying at Mrs. Edwards again. I spent an hour getting that stain off the wall.

Still, thanks for helping out and you can be assured I'm seriously considering the battered haggis suggestion. I've been a bit startled by the number of hikers wanting it. Where on earth are they from? We're miles from Scotland. Anyway.

I'm told the new range - 6 rings! I can hardly wait! - will be installed in the next week, and the physical alterations to the Haven's exterior started yesterday when Mr. Bagshot turned up with his lad.

Trust me; we're on the brink of something big.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I've had battered haggis - it is surprisingly good. Not as nice as battered black pudding, though :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I've had battered haggis - it is surprisingly good. Not as nice as battered black pudding, though :)
Try it here - new menus Tuesday, I promise. Best tried with a Chablis or a pint of of Hopback Summer Lightning, I'm told.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Just dropped the delivery off in the ice-house. Fresh elvers are out of season but got some spoots for you instead – and put a dozen haggis sausages and a jug of batter on the cold shelf in the larder (made earlier so they just need flouring, dipping, and deep frying.) They only need long enough for the batter to crisp up properly as I cooked the haggis before dividing and rolling into sausages. Actually, I'll fry a couple up when I've finished this cuppa – if anyone fancies some?

Do apologise to Mrs. Edwards again for me. I thought it best to just get T out of there, at the time, and she's firmly tethered down by the brook tonight!
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...