FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Mon 24 Sep, 2018 9:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 2:32 am 
Foreign Secretary

As a result of deciding to talk to my parents again after 10 years (the argument began about them owing me money and proceeded to get monstrously out of hand) I was up in Berwick upon Tweed over the weekend.

Here's some pictures.

Report this post

These users thanked the author Sky'sGoneOut for the post (total 3): ohsocynicalcitizenJALadyCentauria
PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 2:36 am 
Foreign Secretary

Once a goth.

Report this post

These users thanked the author Sky'sGoneOut for the post (total 3): ohsocynicalcitizenJALadyCentauria
PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 4:14 am 
Speaker of the House

Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London
Great pic! It's so beautiful up along the coast there. And inland, too. Hope the visit to the parents went well this time - or at least got off to a promising start.

Report this post

These users thanked the author LadyCentauria for the post (total 3): ohsocynicalSky'sGoneOutcitizenJA
PostPosted: Mon 02 Nov, 2015 9:14 am 
Prime Minister

Blessings to you, Sky'sGoneOut, much love and laughter.
xx
cJA

thank you for the lovely image

Report this post

These users thanked the author citizenJA for the post (total 2): Sky'sGoneOutLadyCentauria
PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov, 2015 1:22 am 
Foreign Secretary

After days of trying to revive it it seems one of the memory cards I use with my camera has died. I've tried bringing it back to life by putting it in the freezer and all sorts of other crap but it is now officially dead. Which is a shame as it had most of my photos on it.

Anyway from what I have left here's a neolithic rock carving from a place called Routing Linn.

The whole rock is covered in these cup and ring carvings which had previously been there for about 5000 years but are now nearly all worn away since I was a kid in the Seventies with people walking on them.

The whole place is magical, Iron age Celts had surrounded the rock with ditches and there's a fabulous waterfall just round the corner.

(I got the picture online but honestly it's really like that).

Report this post

These users thanked the author Sky'sGoneOut for the post (total 3): ohsocynicalHindleALadyCentauria
PostPosted: Fri 06 Nov, 2015 2:06 am 
Speaker of the House

Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London
Roughting Linn (the waterfall) is magical and that's a great photograph of it you've found. Real pity that one of your memory cards failed but I appreciate your photo of the rock art very much. It's hard to believe that the rock isn't protected somehow - even a decent sign asking people not to stand or walk on it (and why) with a diagram of the carvings, would surely help.

Report this post

These users thanked the author LadyCentauria for the post (total 2): ohsocynicalSky'sGoneOut
PostPosted: Mon 09 Nov, 2015 2:51 am 
Foreign Secretary

Unfortunately it's on private land. The Getty family own it and currently rent the land and the Georgian country house to Jools Holland.

Perhaps if we formed a band we could communicate with him.

Report this post

These users thanked the author Sky'sGoneOut for the post (total 2): LadyCentauriaohsocynical
PostPosted: Mon 09 Nov, 2015 5:13 pm 
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
After days of trying to revive it it seems one of the memory cards I use with my camera has died. I've tried bringing it back to life by putting it in the freezer and all sorts of other crap but it is now officially dead. Which is a shame as it had most of my photos on it.

Anyway from what I have left here's a neolithic rock carving from a place called Routing Linn.

The whole rock is covered in these cup and ring carvings which had previously been there for about 5000 years but are now nearly all worn away since I was a kid in the Seventies with people walking on them.

The whole place is magical, Iron age Celts had surrounded the rock with ditches and there's a fabulous waterfall just round the corner.

(I got the picture online but honestly it's really like that).

It's no wonder ancient people thought there was something special about places like this...

Otherworldly.

Report this post

These users thanked the author ohsocynical for the post (total 2): Sky'sGoneOutLadyCentauria