Images from the Scottish borders.

Random Banter
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Images from the Scottish borders.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As a result of deciding to talk to my parents again after 10 years (the argument began about them owing me money and proceeded to get monstrously out of hand) I was up in Berwick upon Tweed over the weekend.

Here's some pictures.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Re: Images from the Scottish borders.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Once a goth.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Great pic! It's so beautiful up along the coast there. And inland, too. Hope the visit to the parents went well this time - or at least got off to a promising start.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Blessings to you, Sky'sGoneOut, much love and laughter.
xx
cJA

thank you for the lovely image
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

After days of trying to revive it it seems one of the memory cards I use with my camera has died. I've tried bringing it back to life by putting it in the freezer and all sorts of other crap but it is now officially dead. Which is a shame as it had most of my photos on it.

Anyway from what I have left here's a neolithic rock carving from a place called Routing Linn.

The whole rock is covered in these cup and ring carvings which had previously been there for about 5000 years but are now nearly all worn away since I was a kid in the Seventies with people walking on them.

The whole place is magical, Iron age Celts had surrounded the rock with ditches and there's a fabulous waterfall just round the corner.

(I got the picture online but honestly it's really like that).
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Roughting Linn (the waterfall) is magical and that's a great photograph of it you've found. Real pity that one of your memory cards failed but I appreciate your photo of the rock art very much. It's hard to believe that the rock isn't protected somehow - even a decent sign asking people not to stand or walk on it (and why) with a diagram of the carvings, would surely help.
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Unfortunately it's on private land. The Getty family own it and currently rent the land and the Georgian country house to Jools Holland.

Perhaps if we formed a band we could communicate with him.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:After days of trying to revive it it seems one of the memory cards I use with my camera has died. I've tried bringing it back to life by putting it in the freezer and all sorts of other crap but it is now officially dead. Which is a shame as it had most of my photos on it.

Anyway from what I have left here's a neolithic rock carving from a place called Routing Linn.

The whole rock is covered in these cup and ring carvings which had previously been there for about 5000 years but are now nearly all worn away since I was a kid in the Seventies with people walking on them.

The whole place is magical, Iron age Celts had surrounded the rock with ditches and there's a fabulous waterfall just round the corner.

(I got the picture online but honestly it's really like that).
It's no wonder ancient people thought there was something special about places like this...

Otherworldly.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop