A heavy sense of melancholy.

Random Banter
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

A heavy sense of melancholy.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I'm Scottish, most of my family were Yes voters.

You might hear this shit on TV of we Scots getting on with each other in the aftermath.

It's bollocks.

A fantasy.

I still feel sick waking up knowing my countrymen were such pussies.

I try to pretend not not to care anymore yet still keep getting rather angry.

There was a possibility there for something else and it's just been wiped out and shat on by English Tories and their idiot Scottish helpers.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Re: A heavy sense of melancholy.

Post by yahyah »

If Yes had won there would have been many people who would have woken up feeling angry and betrayed too.

That's the nature of politics particularly when you have a referendum with no shade of grey for people to actively vote for on the ballot.
Cameron & Salmond take the blame for that.

At least your dreams are still intact Sky, with no need for Scotland to actually have to face the reality of a Yes vote. & for some unscrupulous Scots, the political bitterness & hatred will be a potent force to harness for their own gain. Don't think Salmond will be exiting the scene completetely.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

You're right of course Yahyah. Reason should always prevail.

But that was the hardest political kick in the balls I've ever experienced...and I've had a few.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:You're right of course Yahyah. Reason should always prevail.

But that was the hardest political kick in the balls I've ever experienced...and I've had a few.

Must admit reason isn't always the thing that springs into my mind first when it comes to politics.
51A
Committee Member

Post by 51A »

I live in Wales. I'm glad you stayed. We had all this stuff about how businesses would relocate to Wales in the event of "Yes". I am for the union but with massive devolution and a greater understanding exc-London including regionalisation. London is the problem no matter what the party. They don't get that we have values and ways of life that are different to theirs but we are valuable, hard working, capable and far more honest.

Sorry it hurt, glad you're still with us. Now all you have to do is remind them of the promises they made and make them keep them. All the parties.