Summer rain.

Random Banter
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Summer rain.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I walked home tonight after the pub in the rain and it was beautiful. It was warm even for Yorkshire and the incessant drizzle was like fairy tears. Tears for how we have raped both the natural and mythical world.

There's no room for the Tuatha Dé Danann when the local council has accepted fracking. All that is left is sorrow.

Those windswept places where once a faerie princess lived are now just seen as potential sites for exploitation and profit.

They're killing magic.

I'm a scientific empiricist, I should probably be on their side, but the romantic urge is too strong.

We all need happy myths to keep us going.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Re: Summer rain.

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]3kt43abEsow[/youtube]

She's dead. She died the next year of swine flu.

Remember you thinking it was bollocks. Well it wasn't. It killed her.

The Universe is a cunt.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ahem.

[youtube]lrFYLyb3RME[/youtube]
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:I walked home tonight after the pub in the rain and it was beautiful. It was warm even for Yorkshire and the incessant drizzle was like fairy tears. Tears for how we have raped both the natural and mythical world.

There's no room for the Tuatha Dé Danann when the local council has accepted fracking. All that is left is sorrow.

Those windswept places where once a faerie princess lived are now just seen as potential sites for exploitation and profit.

They're killing magic.

I'm a scientific empiricist, I should probably be on their side, but the romantic urge is too strong.

We all need happy myths to keep us going.
We are scientific empiricists and people of the Danu, the two aren't mutually exclusive.
We study nature's reality creating processes and acknowledge their supremacy over human endeavours.
Honouring what isn't subject to human control is remaining open to awe.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love the rain
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

I also like it when you aren't caught bang in the middle of it. Have caught a few colds that way......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Then there are nights when I walk home and stumble upon an attempted burglary. One minute I'm admiring the way the light from the streetlights is playing through the leaves of the trees, then when I turn round the corner I'm confronted by 5 blokes in hoods.

It was that quick, my brain didn't have time for a 'Danger Will Robinson', one minute blissfully dawdling along then next confronted by hooded miscreants.

And to my intense relief they ran. They took one look at me and scarpered. Obviously my aspect must have been most terrifying to them.

As it shall be when they face their last moment of judgement.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Glad they didn't take it any further. Wonder what they were up to?
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I went back the next day and had a look, all the front room stuff was there so I'm guessing they're on holiday.

Anyway if you ever want to kick a door in don't do it like you see on TV and in the Films. Turn backwards and kick it like you were a horse.

I used to work for a rental agency much to my shame, and if I learned anything from the cunts it was how to kick a door in.

Well that and how to avoid paying tax on your profits as a landlord.

I fortunately have a good old soul at the moment as a landlord who seems clueless about the dark arts of lanlordism. We agreed to £50 a week when I moved in and despite his best efforts to increase it to £55 I've managed to argue him down.

And he's a fool really, my room is fucking massive, with original art deco fixtures and features. The lightshades look like tiffany stuff, I'm pretty sure they're original.

Anyway what the fuck was I talking about...

Oh yeah.

[youtube]CtHs4W5RUQk[/youtube]