Wednesday, 13th September 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday, 13th September 2017

Post by PorFavor »

G4S may make more profit than allowed from removal centres, figures suggest

Outline of financial performance at Brook House and Tinsley House seems to show margins in excess of contractual limit (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... es-suggest
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

citizenJA wrote:
Police Federation accuses May of lying about police pay at PMQs

"May told MPs that, if you take into account progression pay, pay rises and the increase in the income tax threshold,
someone who was a new police officer in 2010 will have seen their post-tax pay increase by £9,000, a real-terms rise of 32%."
I weary of trying to decipher Tory government's concoctions
What does she mean?
What she is saying is that if you want to keep pace with inflation you need to constantly climb the career ladder and pay as little tax as possible. It's the Tory way. Run to stand still.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

But what she's describing isn't possible
The cops are right, she's a liar
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@citizenJA

'Ere's yer tea. So now you can stop moanin'. . .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Grenfell Tower fire: executive still on full pay despite resignation

Robert Black believed to be receiving six-figure salary despite resigning from job at tenant management organisation (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... esignation
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... r#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

citizenJA wrote:But what she's describing isn't possible
She's trying to make out that it's OK that a police officer of "x" years experience is paid less now, once inflation is taken into account, than 7 years ago because they are paid more than when they were a rookie. Of course rookies are now paid less than they used to be but.....oh look! Tax cuts!
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:@citizenJA

'Ere's yer tea. So now you can stop moanin'. . .
Bless you
:rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:But what she's describing isn't possible
She's trying to make out that it's OK that a police officer of "x" years experience is paid less now, once inflation is taken into account, than 7 years ago because they are paid more than when they were a rookie. Of course rookies are now paid less than they used to be but.....oh look! Tax cuts!
It's a charade
regular people pay in other ways
Potter: ...and all because a few starry-eyed dreamers like Peter Bailey stir 'em up and fill their head with a lot of impossible ideas. Now, I say --

Bailey: Just a minute – just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. Just a minute. Now, you're right when you say my father was no business man. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anybody else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was -- Why, in the twenty-five years since he and Uncle Billy started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy? He didn't save enough money to send Harry to school, let alone me. But he did help a few people get outta your slums, Mr. Potter. And what's wrong with that? Why -- here, you're all businessmen here. Don't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers?

You, you said that they -- What'd you say just a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even thought of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what?! Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken-down that -- You know how long it takes a workin' man to save five thousand dollars? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about, they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him, but to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be.

Potter: I'm not interested in your book. I'm talkin' about the Building and Loan.

Bailey: I know very well what you're talking about. You're talking about something you can't get your fingers on, and it's galling you.

George Bailey: Address to the Board of Directors -- Bailey Building and Loan Society
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]O4ne13Zft9Q[/youtube]
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"Anyone from a migrant background will appreciate that there is no easy separation of official status and belonging."

brexit-rights-theresa-may-eu-uk-brexit-identity
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

May suffers humiliation as DUP backs Labour on NHS pay and tuition fees (Guardian)
Let's hope for -

[youtube]8K5aBJusbfs[/youtube]
Last edited by PorFavor on Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love you, people
have a good night
cJA
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theresa May to deliver Brexit speech in Florence
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PorFavor wrote:
May suffers humiliation as DUP backs Labour on NHS pay and tuition fees (Guardian)
Let's hope for -

[youtube]8K5aBJusbfs[/youtube]
Tories have responded by telling their MPs they don't have to turn up to Opposition Day debates any more.

So grown up, aren't they?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"