Tuesday 9th September 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday 9th September 2014

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Evening All

Well of course Robin Hood is buried at Kirklees Abbey just outside Huddersfield - doesn't everyone know that? ;-)

In other random observations, why isn't anyone calling him Gordon Broon these days?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Not read this yet but had to post it for the picky of the really weird party leader 8-) ;)
David Cameron's position after a Scotland yes vote is not his own choice
The prime minister insists he won't quit if the vote is yes, but he may not get to decide
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ote-choice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
of to read it....
Utter bollocks.

There is no credible challenger to Cameron. Regardless of a Scottish yes vote he will still be PM in 2015. I have no idea why the media gets itself excited about an impossibility.
David Davis is a much better fit with his party and could win over UKIP supporters.

He'd have Clegg where he wants him for as long as he needs to stake out a new position. And would probably do better than Cameron in the coming general election.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Evening All

Well of course Robin Hood is buried at Kirklees Abbey just outside Huddersfield - doesn't everyone know that? ;-)

In other random observations, why isn't anyone calling him Gordon Broon these days?
They probably do, but I tend not to read btl on any article by or about Brown, I find there's not much difference between the nats, kippers and die hard tories, he must have done something right?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Fracking is a toxic issue for Conservative party grassroots
From protest camps to packed-out town hall meetings, shale gas and fracking is a major issue in safe Tory seats

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... grassroots

One could almost wish that some of these Tory strongholds were well and truly fracked...It would serve the buggers right for enabling their Tory masters. And the sheer joy of seeing some of those complacent MPs losing their safe seats would be worth it.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
TechnicalEphemera wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Not read this yet but had to post it for the picky of the really weird party leader 8-) ;)
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ote-choice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
of to read it....
Utter bollocks.

There is no credible challenger to Cameron. Regardless of a Scottish yes vote he will still be PM in 2015. I have no idea why the media gets itself excited about an impossibility.
David Davis is a much better fit with his party and could win over UKIP supporters.

He'd have Clegg where he wants him for as long as he needs to stake out a new position. And would probably do better than Cameron in the coming general election.
Osborne wants the leadership. I don't doubt he'll get it.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I worked for Hitachi for about 15 years, good firm, always had decent pay rises, plenty of holidays, thinking back I had I good, even if I moaned at the time, they seem to be doing a hell of lot of work in this country at the moment, government likes to quote them too, they want to invest, and build trains in this country for export, but only if we stay in the EU, bit awkward for anti eu brigade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... veals.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

I see the Mail, or rather Simon Heffer are doing their best to foster anglo-Scot relations, in his/ their own unique style.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

ohsocynical wrote:
He might well do, but he had to be hidden at the last general election.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
He might well do, but he had to be hidden at the last general election.
Osborne has no chance. Boris, May and possibly one of the more charismatic nutters are more likely to get it. But not before May 2015.
Release the Guardvarks.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

letsskiptotheleft wrote:I see the Mail, or rather Simon Heffer are doing their best to foster anglo-Scot relations, in his/ their own unique style.
All rather late, and knowing the Mail, probably a massive turn off to Scots.

The die's now cast. I think that Scottish independence is based upon a romantic lie, but I get why the prospect of no more Tory rule might see people voting yes.

I just think that they should consider the economics before they do so: after all - what is the difference between Wee Eck announcing cuts in social security spending and NHS spending and a Tory from Westminster doing it?

Jam tomorrow is not good enough in my world. I want to see the books.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/s ... s-marriage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A heartening tale. Here's the quote that really did it for me:

“We haven’t been able to get married until the last few years, so that’s why we’re so old when we’re getting married,” said Dubes.

And that is why same sex marriage, without the bullshit, is so important: so we never have to read quotes like that ever again.