Thursday 14th December 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 14th December 2017

Post by HindleA »

Why?
discordantharmony
Backbencher

Post by discordantharmony »

Why, Why Delilah........
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -rebellion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dominic Grieve says he has had death threats after Brexit rebellion
Tory MP whose amendment led to defeat for Theresa May reports incidents to police, and questions Daily Mail’s reporting of vote
Our democracy is in quite a precarious state at the moment, it feels like.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Its not if enough people push back against this sort of stuff.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Quiet here.

As Anatoly highlighted, there were actually by-elections yesterday - a Lab hold and a Lib gain from Con.

Lots tonight. Quite an interesting one in Newchapel in JA's neck of the woods. In May 2016, Newchapel voted Lab 385 C 379!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]0jgJ4asLeIA[/youtube]
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Quiet here.
I think we're stunned into silence by Davis & May's incompetence.
Here's someone who's found words for it, Jon Lis
http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analy ... nt-for-may" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The good news for Remainers is that, if May is preparing to keep us in the single market and customs union after 2019 while denying it and giving it another name, we can also have a permanent soft Brexit in the single market and customs union while calling it hard, global or red-white-and-blue.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 08441.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nearly half of disabled people reassessed under Government's new benefit system had financial support withdrawn or reduced
Government accused of 'slashing away at welfare' after new figures show 47 per cent of disabled people see benefits reduced or stopped altogether

All at vast increased costs,of course,human,economic,social.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

HISTORY
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:Quiet here.

As Anatoly highlighted, there were actually by-elections yesterday - a Lab hold and a Lib gain from Con.

Lots tonight. Quite an interesting one in Newchapel in JA's neck of the woods. In May 2016, Newchapel voted Lab 385 C 379!
And just to reiterate, today's contests are the last electoral action of 2017.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

As a current denizen of Yorkshire it pains me to say Barnsley is, as I type, disgracing itself on Question Time.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Just to flesh that out a bit Nicky Morgan must have spent about 20 minutes being harangued by shouty thick Brexiters who clearly didn't understand what the vote last night was about calling her treacherous, and to fair to her she took it in her stride.

She was also harangued by Isabel Oakeshott who is an awful human being.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Twm Owen‏
@NewsatTwm
47m47 minutes ago
More
"You humiliated the Prime Minister," says Isabel Oakeshott who wrote a book exposing the previous PM for shagging a pig #BBCQT
:lol:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Ouch.
Labour Whips‏Verified account
@labourwhips
Follow Follow @labourwhips
More
Tomorrow’s @thetimes says May to drop Brexit date Amdt from #EUWithdrawalBill next Weds to avoid another defeat. h/t @BBCHelenaLee
Finding out exactly what a mistake that snap election was.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ok well I think tonight's Question Time proved a splendid example of just how messed up politics in this country is at the moment. The first half was entirely about Brexit, which as I've said largely took the form of ill informed idiots shouting at Nicky Morgan, it was a complete waste of time. The second half involved a discussion on homelessness (amongst other things) and was entirely more reasonable, non shouty and frankly sane. The highlight being a landlord claiming he was the real victim because of all the tax he had to pay. You can imagine how well that went down.

Brexit is sucking the life out of political discourse in this country to the detriment of everything else. And I don't know what to do about it, in fact I'm as guilty as anyone of popping over to the Guardian when bored and mocking Brexiters for a quick and easy fix of feeling smart and righteous. When in fact all I'm doing is wasting my own time and energy getting one over on some thick fuck from Barnsley or wherever. How smart is that? Who is the idiot in that situation? I'm going to take a break from it all...until at least tomorrow.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -ombudsman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Families with stable jobs at risk of homelessness in Britain, report finds
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

In this area of Leeds the average rent for a single flat used to hover around the maximum housing benefit, now after years of the housing benefit rate being capped if you are on benefits and are lucky enough to get a flat you would have to pay at least £20 a week on top of that.

And this is one of the cheapest areas in Leeds, why else would I be here?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oh and just as an aside, there are letting agents round here who intentionally prey on benefit claimants.

They will tell you they are happy to take DWP tenants.

But for a price.

Last time I was looking to move I signed up with one of them and got shown a really shitty flat that was actually split in half...the front room and bedroom were in the attic of a house while the kitchen and bathroom were completely seperate downstairs. To get into either required keys.

I asked the guy showing me around if he would live like that and he admitted he wouldn't, but he did then go on to offer me the marvelous deal of me paying £600 up front to get the keys. I asked if this included the first months rent and he said no, it was for administration.

I told him to fuck off.