Tuesday 19th December 2017

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 19th December 2017

Post by tinyclanger2 »

On spiking trees so birds can't land:
"I would say there are a number of other trees around - we are right by The Downs."
Yeah there's a pretty simple answer. If you don't want to live near trees - fuck off somewhere else.

This might actually make me more angry than Brexit. Not sure.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Bonnylad
Committee Member

Post by Bonnylad »

tony nog #FBPE Retweeted
Russ #FBPE‏ @RJonesUX
6h6 hours ago
Replying to @thomasbrake

In a rational country, Dominic Grieve and Kier Starmer would lead their parties, Nigel Farage would be deputy manager of a Wetherspoons in Penge, and Boris Johnson would be a children's entertainer on administrative leave pending the outcome of a disciplinary hearing.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Theresa May hits back at EU over bespoke Brexit deal
EU’s lead negotiator Michel Barnier said trade deals involving financial services ‘do not exist’ anywhere in the world
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 18511.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's as maybe but we're British and we're going to stamp our feet and go on about being smooth and sensible, and strong and stable, and some other bollocks until we get them.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Contaminated blood report 'full of lies'

Government officials have apologised for using a discredited report into the contaminated blood products scandal that left thousands of NHS patients infected with viruses including HIV.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"The Moon and Stars",on the High Street.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

All (most) am off on hols without laptop so have a good one and 'see' you when I'm back.
TC2
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Happy Christmas tc2. See you on the flip side.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@tinyclanger2

Merry Christmas!

Stay safe and warm. See you soon.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:On spiking trees so birds can't land:
"I would say there are a number of other trees around - we are right by The Downs."
Yeah there's a pretty simple answer. If you don't want to live near trees - fuck off somewhere else.

This might actually make me more angry than Brexit. Not sure.
It's incredibly short-sighted
People need to remember or learn how an ecosystem functions
It'll cause problems, spiking trees
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-evening, everyone
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

tinyclanger2 wrote:All (most) am off on hols without laptop so have a good one and 'see' you when I'm back.
TC2
Happy Christmas!
:rock:
:heart:
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:https://kittysjones.wordpress.com/2017/ ... or-people/

"It’s David Gauke and the government that need to change their behaviours"
""it is a government that is quite happy to watch people suffer. If people can’t meet their basic needs for food, fuel and shelter, they will die. This is a government that is OK with people dying because of government policies. Take a moment to think that through.""

(( Happy Xmas to TC2 , and all, despite all that ... ))
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Bonnylad wrote:tony nog #FBPE Retweeted
Russ #FBPE‏ @RJonesUX
6h6 hours ago
Replying to @thomasbrake

In a rational country, Dominic Grieve and Kier Starmer would lead their parties, Nigel Farage would be deputy manager of a Wetherspoons in Penge, and Boris Johnson would be a children's entertainer on administrative leave pending the outcome of a disciplinary hearing.

and the Lib Dems would not have facilitated the austerity measures of the Coalition Government but then, as always, the Lib Dem are not to blame for anything are they

Not to mention the pathetic attempt of Clegg to defend the EU against Farage.......did so much to help the cause did it?

A most pathetic excuse for a political party - ready to jump on the nearest bandwagon - and I will not take any lessons from them on who should lead a political party
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... lation-cap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tenants lose out after landlord pressure halves UK home insulation cap
Plan to make landlords improve draughtiest homes and boost energy efficiency for hundreds of thousands of tenants lay in tatters, say critics
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-over-nhs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crace
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Did we see this?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

use of violence and threats of violence don't get anyone anywhere
I can guarantee anyone using threats and violence they'll not get what they want
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@citizenJA

Night night.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

Sorry a bit late - saw this posted at t'other place and thought it was interesting. From Peston
Here is another sign that Labour is on a journey to support the softest of Brexits and even possibly backing for a second referendum.
Labour's shadow chancellor John McDonnell revealed in a private meeting today that he has reviewed the party's last manifesto to assess whether its proposals - its planned nationalisations of energy, rail and Royal Mail for example, or its desire to set up a National Investment Bank that would support small businesses and innovation - would become impossible if the UK remained in the single market or indeed inside the EU.
He told those present that very few of Labour policies would be impossible if the UK stayed in the single market as a member of EFTA (like Norway) or if Brexit were never to happen.
"That felt significant to me" said one of those at the meeting.
That said McDonnell also made clear that he and Corbyn are some way yet from announcing that Labour will become the party of the Norway model or a second referendum.
"The impression they gave was that they did not want to lead public opinion in that direction, but would go there if that is what voters signal they want in coming months."
Labour have been moving gradually this way for a while now and some of the knee jerk comments against the EU in early days have been checked against the reality

Still some way to go but the momentum is building I think

Also, the final paragraph is interesting and is where may of the debates we have end up - some think they should be leading that and others, of which I am firmly one, believe it would be a tactical error to do so. I think the current criticism of the lack of joined up thinking from the Government and pointing out the flaws in their negotiating position (which is now more vocally supported by some seriously pissed off Tory MPs and all the other opposition parties) will help. The main thing though that will influence the opinion though is not the Labour Party or the others - it will be the Tory Party trying to find away through all their contradictions and red lines that they have set up for themselves and the reality hitting home of what the future will really look like not the unicorns and apple pie.

I personally think Labour have realised this already and are now working out how to make sure that they keep the pressure on
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

I thought this extract from the regular newsletter from our MEP Clare Moody that I get e-mailed was rather interesting:
This month in Strasbourg was particularly busy as it was the last session before the end of the year. We debated European defence policy and the situation of the Rohingya people, amongst many other issues. The Panama Papers were also discussed, and I was very disappointed when Tory MEPs failed to vote for a report that recommended several measures for the EU and member states to adopt in order to fight money laundering and tax avoidance. Labour MEPs voted for the proposals which included a blacklist of tax havens and sanctions against them; more transparency; a ban on companies domiciling in low-tax regimes while conducting their business elsewhere; a global definition of a tax haven; and a global summit to fight tax avoidance, evasion and aggressive tax planning.
I'm sure Brexit isn't just about protecting the tax haven activities of our overseas dependencies, but it definitely seems to be a major factor.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

From another nother place
10 Downing Street, London W1A 2AA

Dear Santa

As you know we will no longer believe in you from 29th March 2019. However we would like to maintain the closest possible relationship with you even after we have stopped believing. We therefore fully expect to get the same presents as before (you need us more than we need you) but we will no longer have to abide by your rules of being good and stuff.

We will attach a full list of the presents that we want just as soon as we can agree on them amongst ourselves (to tell you the truth, we've only just started talking to each other about that).

Please also bear in mind that you'll no longer be able to deliver your presents as before, flying in with your sleigh, as we're taking control of our borders although we do still expect you to deliver the presents. I'm sure we'll come up with some technological solutions to solve this further down the line.

We're determined to make a success out of not believing in you whilst still getting you to deliver all our presents.

Yours
T May (Mrs)
I still believe in a town called Hope
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ent-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment: second independent review

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-response" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment second independent review: government response

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/s ... y-11717979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... hed-17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MPs condemn 'abject failure' of homelessness policy

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Given they clearly state(d) policies risk(ed) homelessness,justified on the "fairness/on balance" thing "success/failure",very much contingent on certain assumption of what that means.They know to come stuff further risks loss of homes,certainly know creates reliance in lieu of basic State reciprcocity of discretion and charity/borrowing off family etc.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ent-review

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment: second independent review

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-response" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) assessment second independent review: government response

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/s ... y-11717979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"" Ministers shamefaced "" but they aren't going to change the system ... and the Private Profiteers Atos Capita plus another continue unpunished . Business as usual eh ?

The judges at the Tribunals grumble but continue to be complicit .