Friday 5th January 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 5th January 2018

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

That's fair, on reflection.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

refitman wrote:Just had a thought about the Toby Young thing. Is the regulator thing he's been appointed to another Quango? I thought there was meant to be a "bonfire" of those?
I'd love a good bonfire
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:Others did.
I didn't ! Avoided the whole discussion , did read Willow tho :-)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Essex woman dies after waiting nearly four hours for ambulance
Emergency services arrived at 81-year-old’s home three hours and 45 minutes after she called 999 complaining of chest pains

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... -ambulance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howsillyofme1
First Secretary of State

Post by howsillyofme1 »

frog222 wrote:
HindleA wrote:Others did.
I didn't ! Avoided the whole discussion , did read Willow tho :-)

Good decision :)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-measures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John Crace weekly column
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Who actually trades solely under WTO rules?
The likelihood of the UK crashing out of the EU seems to be increasing with every step of the negotiation.

For those of us that believe in the merits of the EU, this would be a disaster, but the counter point used by some opponents of the EU[1] is that, even if we leave with no deal, we can fall back onto the tariffs agreed under the World Trade Organisation.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

On a lighter note,have only two functioning.I need three at least.Off to shop,only hope my currency is still legal tender.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:On a lighter note,have only two functioning.I need three at least.Off to shop,only hope my currency is still legal tender.
Don't forget biscuits, please
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AngryAsWell wrote:Who actually trades solely under WTO rules?
The likelihood of the UK crashing out of the EU seems to be increasing with every step of the negotiation.

For those of us that believe in the merits of the EU, this would be a disaster, but the counter point used by some opponents of the EU[1] is that, even if we leave with no deal, we can fall back onto the tariffs agreed under the World Trade Organisation.

Hole in one . I knew it was Mauretania ! (Smartarse )
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

frog222 wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:Who actually trades solely under WTO rules?

Hole in one . I knew it was Mauretania ! (Smartarse )
"For those of you not familiar with Mauritania, it’s GDP is $4,714million (0.2% of the UK’s), 50% of its exports consist of Iron Ore, and between 1% and 17% of the population still live in slavery.

It appears that this is the country that Leave.UK wish to emulate. I am afraid that this is not a vision for Britain’s future that I can share.

Update
Others (thank you Alan Bell et al.) have take my work and investigated Mauritania further. It turns out that while they don’t have any current bilateral or multilateral free trade deals, it does benefit from preferential treatment from certain developed nations (the EU amongst them), where Mauritania’s exports in certain categories (everything but arms) are not charged import duties, but those countries goods can have tariffs added when being imported into Mauritania. As this is a form of aid for a developing country, I think that it is not something that the UK is likely to obtain, so for the purposes of debate referring to “no deal” as the “Mauritania Option” is not entirely inaccurate and could be a useful shorthand."
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

@Cja sorry,I didn't see request I only took the exact necessary and played safe with 1p's only.
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 05 Jan, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Out of a Midlands cash bag.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"One penny and two pence coins are legal tender only up to the sum of 20p; this means that it is permissible to refuse payment of sums greater than this amount in 1p and 2p coins in order to settle a debt."
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/mr.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mauritania country profile from the CIA World Factbook
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"The government has decided to give up running the country for the first week of the new year and has chosen to troll it instead."

- John Crace

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... e-measures" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

One local council byelection to begin 2018:

Hertsmere DC - Labour gain from Tory with almost 60% of the vote and a swing of around 10% since the 2015 elections, when the Tories narrowly took one of the 3 seats in this ward in a straight fight - the first breach in this previously invariably Labour area (their strongest on the council) since the present boundaries came into force in 1999. Tories had made it close on occasion previously (notably 2004, 2006 and 2008 - this council then elected by thirds before switching to all-outs three years ago) but it wasn't in doubt this time as Labour's winning margin approached 2 to 1. It was UKIP who came a strong second in 2014, but they failed to reappear the following year and polled less than 5% now - though that was still more than the combined LibDem and Green vote, the latter narrowly pushed into the wooden spoon position with 1.5%.

Four vacancies next week - two "double header" district/county contests.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Thankyou.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

So....a day that began with the incessant jeering of the frothing right against Keir Starmer finished with:

The CPS said Sir Keir Starmer did not have "any involvement" in Worboys' case.

Wonder whether any of them will post a "Maybe I should have waited for the full facts before tweeting"?

I somehow doubt it. Such a disappointment for them...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

The TES say this a quote from Rayner.
I think it’s because as we’ve tried to deal with some of the issues around race and women’s agendas, around tackling some of the discrimination that’s there, it has actually had a negative impact on the food chain [for] white working boys.
Pretty poor. I am deeply unimpressed.

Plenty of people have long been aware working class white boys haven't done that well and have tried to do something about it.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:The TES say this a quote from Rayner.
I think it’s because as we’ve tried to deal with some of the issues around race and women’s agendas, around tackling some of the discrimination that’s there, it has actually had a negative impact on the food chain [for] white working boys.
Pretty poor. I am deeply unimpressed.

Plenty of people have long been aware working class white boys haven't done that well and have tried to do something about it.
This is my eighteenth year teaching and they have always been a specific target group for my school.
I still believe in a town called Hope
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PF is o.k by the way just doing a bit of attention seeking,as we all indulge in from time to time.Constance got access to the tin opener,but is not sure about the prunes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And aren't the Tories a bunch of fucking arseholes (NY Resolution)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/boos ... racy-drive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

News story
Boost for school standards with primary literacy drive
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Constance is even more unsure about the prunes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Constance is now very sure about the prunes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

On a rough estimate that is 29 posts of supreme low quality and/or anything useful to add.A mediocore effort on my behalf and hardly a link in sight,though through a lighter shortage emergency,which puts Brexit into comparative insignificance,to be fair on myself.