Thursday 25th January 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 25th January 2018

Post by HindleA »

Fucking hell nearly had a mid air collision with a Kuala Lumpa -Heathrow plane,there.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Started an hour late,more or less made up the lost time,must be pedalling like fuck.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I'm guessing I'm the only one here stuffed full of haggis, no whisky though, can't abide the stuff. Got some Claret instead. You get a lot of wine sites claiming Burns was a Claret lover because he mentions it in his poetry, but in every reference I've seen he's using it as a poetic euphemism for blood. Which perhaps suggests he was a vampire. I wouldn't know, I find his odes almost entirely incomprehensible. The only one I vaguely know is the one to a mouse..."Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie, O, what a panic's in thy breastie!" and all that. Oh and I didn't have any neeps either, yuck. You call them Swedes but we call them turnips. We also call turnips turnips. It's all very confusing. So to clarify I'm celebrating Burns' night despite not liking his poetry or most of the food and drink it is traditional to consume. Still at least Tesco had the Haggis on special offer which was nice of them I thought. Perhaps I'll use the 40p I saved to hire a girl in a short black skirt for the evening and make lewd suggestions to her when I'm drunk.

Ok, time to see which ne'er do wells are on Question Time.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:#ChangeALetterRuinABand has got me chortling :lol:

e.g. Poxy Music
The kermode/mayo show did this with films - my favourite was 'Dial N for Nurder'.
I still believe in a town called Hope
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/l ... -1-4671446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Liz Lochhead: Why I compared Robert Burns to Harvey Weinstein"
Don’t ‘do’ social meejia, havenae read it any of it, but, apparently, I’m persona-non-grata on that Faceboke and the Twattersphere, both, in my book, the latterday refuge of the bletherskite. My supposed sin? Dissing the Bard, slagging off Saint Rabbie (I don’t, I didn’t).
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... per-17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joint inquiry launched on long-term funding of adult social care

The Communities and Local Government and Health Committees launch a joint inquiry on the long-term funding and provision of adult social care to feed in to the Government's forthcoming Green Paper.

(Not the ####ing dependent wrinkly hand motif,how about active imagery which at a fundamental level it should be about,skews whole discussion)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Control rather than passive receivership increases life expectancy and quality of.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Trouble is of course,those very positive attributes may be used against you,it's like being on a tightrope with people throwing medicine balls at you.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Karachi
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Glasses tomorrow,currently record lost two pairs on the same day of purchase,remaining prescription sunglasses made do for a while until disappearing into thin air.I suspect an as yet undiscovered secret cupboard.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:I'm guessing I'm the only one here stuffed full of haggis, no whisky though, can't abide the stuff. Got some Claret instead. You get a lot of wine sites claiming Burns was a Claret lover because he mentions it in his poetry, but in every reference I've seen he's using it as a poetic euphemism for blood. Which perhaps suggests he was a vampire. I wouldn't know, I find his odes almost entirely incomprehensible. The only one I vaguely know is the one to a mouse..."Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie, O, what a panic's in thy breastie!" and all that. Oh and I didn't have any neeps either, yuck. You call them Swedes but we call them turnips. We also call turnips turnips. It's all very confusing. So to clarify I'm celebrating Burns' night despite not liking his poetry or most of the food and drink it is traditional to consume. Still at least Tesco had the Haggis on special offer which was nice of them I thought. Perhaps I'll use the 40p I saved to hire a girl in a short black skirt for the evening and make lewd suggestions to her when I'm drunk.

Ok, time to see which ne'er do wells are on Question Time.
We never had haggis because this evening is also my mum's birthday and despite being born on Burn's night in Alloway, she wasn't having any of it.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

That's enough of that, Question Time this evening was from Dumfries, which is about as far South as Scotland gets and is historically (and currently) Conservative so the audience was about as representative of Scotland as I am of England.

It was a largely dull affair which only sparked my lazy neurons into action when Peter Oborne defended Momentum.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:We never had haggis because this evening is also my mum's birthday and despite being born on Burn's night in Alloway, she wasn't having any of it.
What did you have instead?

A couple of years ago I went to a veggie friends' house for Burns' night and was given veggie haggis and told I wouldn't be able to be able to tell the difference.

I could.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
adam wrote:We never had haggis because this evening is also my mum's birthday and despite being born on Burn's night in Alloway, she wasn't having any of it.
What did you have instead?

A couple of years ago I went to a veggie friends' house for Burns' night and was given veggie haggis and told I wouldn't be able to be able to tell the difference.

I could.
Whatever she fancied - not as any kind of Burns night celebration though. We did occasionally have haggis for hogmanay. A bit of it at breakfast, fried up crisp, is a good thing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Ahmedabad
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:A bit of it at breakfast, fried up crisp, is a good thing.
I've still got about half of it left, think I'll stick with toast and marmalade for breakfast though.

Last year I used the leftovers to make a sort of haggis shepherd's pie which worked fine but was a bit boring, I'm thinking Italian this year, Pasta Arrabbiata, chillies and haggis. With three cloves of garlic and a couple of small onions chopped and softened in butter.

I actually think it might work.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Mumbai,lost a bit of time it gained,should land in about half an hour I reckon.
Last edited by HindleA on Fri 26 Jan, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Keeps fellow vampires away,if nothing else
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

My meals are arse about face most of the week,porridge at about 4pm etc.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

And touchdown.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

HindleA wrote:Glasses tomorrow,currently record lost two pairs on the same day of purchase,remaining prescription sunglasses made do for a while until disappearing into thin air.I suspect an as yet undiscovered secret cupboard.
See my latest nonsense about new glasses through which I am currently peering.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I am only slightly short sighted,cynically I think I was conned by into "needing",them,suspiciously a slightly different prescription each test etc.My part theory/justification in not having them for a few years is that I read without them,I don't drive and when I cycle,play sport ,run rtc,they are more of a hindrance and didn't in anyway stop me running into lampposts and various small children and a bus shelter that suddenly appeared.I don't watch telly much etc.I do know my vision will slightly improve on getting them so I'll give it another go.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

'Kin ell you would think after 36 hours up,sleep would be forthcoming,I am dozing off for a couple of minutes at best and waking up.