Monday 26th March 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 26th March 2018

Post by Willow904 »

HindleA wrote:.Personally would have benefitted from increase in payment and extension to 18 months,because of no children ie less need,responsibility,options,makes complete non sense.
One of the interesting things suggested in the Victoria Derbyshire discussion was keeping the new arrangement, so childless couples still benefit, but then extending it after the 18 months for bereaved children. I think this stems from the fact that the new payments have already started, so it's a way of extending them before anyone reaches the 18 month cut off, so no one loses out. If campaigners can convince the government to do this I will once again believe in miracles! It's possibly the right approach though - flattery rather than criticism - "we like your new reform, but you could make it even better with this tiny tweak". We're dealing with egoists, after all.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

@EtonOldBoys

A Senior unnamed Tory source has leaked that Theresa May will be sacked in the next 8 weeks by the 1922 committee
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Deleted.
Last edited by HindleA on Mon 26 Mar, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://socialcarefuture.blog/2018/03/1 ... nt-living/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Social Care Future and Independent Living

By Jenny Morris
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:@EtonOldBoys

A Senior unnamed Tory source has leaked that Theresa May will be sacked in the next 8 weeks by the 1922 committee
Much as I dislike Theresa May, I can't view this as a good thing. She actually seems to have convinced the EU of her genuineness in wanting to maintain a strong defence partnership, among other things. Her empty rhetoric of "leaving the EU but not leaving Europe" is slowly gaining some substance. Her removal now would be more confirmation of an EU-wrecking agenda on the far right.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.parliament.uk/business/commi ... res-17-19/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DWP's 'clumsy and ill-judged attempt to piggyback' on IFS
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

The idea that Britain’s leading anti-racist politician is the key problem the Jewish community faces is an absurdity, a distraction, and a massive error. Worst of all, it’s a bad story that we’ve been telling for far too long.
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/jeremy-c ... ntisemite/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

The Cambridge Analytica stuff is getting too confusing now, but there seems to be something coming through relating to them and illegal foreign donation in the Trump campaign:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seth Abramson
@SethAbramson
·
7m
10/ It's already pretty clear Cambridge Analytica lied about its business model, what it did in the election, who it talked to, and who aided it. The question is whether it *also* lied about who it shared its data with—as there's evidence to suggest it may have been the Russians.
If true that would be an extremely serious allegation. Given the close relationships between Cambridge Analytical / SCL / Tories / AggregateIQ / Vote Leave / Robert Mercer etc which are already pretty murky and raising a lot of questions, throwing a suggestion of Cambridge Analytica leaking to the Russians into the mix would be absolute dynamite.

If anyone sees any more on this I'd appreciate if you'd give me a shout. I'm pretty certain this is new and I'm wondering where it's come from.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I liked this from earlier...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

So...I walked into the front room and found my wife with her headgear off.

Weather's getting warmer, hair is starting to grow back slowly. Still takes some getting used to though.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:So...I walked into the front room and found my wife with her headgear off.

Weather's getting warmer, hair is starting to grow back slowly. Still takes some getting used to though.
Regards and general marvellousness to the sterling Family OT
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Thanks.

Er indoors is back to work next Sunday. Fully recovered and itching to get back.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Excellent.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Is anyone actually pointing out that the President of the Board of Deputies of Jews, Jonathan Arkush, congratulated Trump on his election and applauded his decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? Only warm words too for May and Netanyahu.

It's not for me to comment on his faith and heritage, but the guy is a Tory if I ever saw one!
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

TBF The Board does have a former Labour minister as Chief Exec.

Interesting times.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Thanks.

Er indoors is back to work next Sunday. Fully recovered and itching to get back.
Love to you and your family
I'm delighted
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-night, everyone
love,
cJA