Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd April 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd April 2018

Post by Willow904 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
gilsey wrote: That's not new, bank id checks for charity/company signatories have been usual for years, 'money laundering' regulations. Nightmare to arrange if you want to change banks.
Oh quite - I remember when the rules were brought in and having to take my passport into work. But then I was a signatory on the main plc account - I remember having to authorise a £200m payment when we were buying a company.

I can see why it's necessary for large orgs but a Guide account? There might be a couple of thousand passing through that account every year - just seems a bit over the top.

Not everyone has a passport and not everyone drives...
I take it a birth certificate doesn't count as a first tier ID anymore, then? It has to be some kind of photo ID?

It's strange how vehement the Tories were about how everyone having a photo ID was this terrible thing that New Labour was trying to impose, yet here we are pretty much unable to do anything without a photo ID.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-m ... xit-2018-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Theresa May is preparing to surrender over plans to leave the Customs Union after Brexit"
A U-turn on Theresa May's promise to leave the Customs Union is looking increasingly likely after senior advisers to the prime minister told the Sunday Times that the prime minister is now willing to live with a Commons defeat on the issue.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 12991.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Millions of voters feel politically homeless and would back new centre-ground party, finds poll
An exclusive survey for The Independent suggests people do not feel represented by the established political parties
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... r_twitterr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More than two million people DENIED social care under the Tories

Keep penalising at an ever increasing rate those that save the Country incalcuable amounts by being "unfair",that'll help.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

How did we get to vast cost savings being a burden.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:How did we get to vast cost savings being a burden.
some don't know what's valuable
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Not much happening today, then?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Remember how we were told the rail franchising system is just fine?
Mark Hookham
‏Verified account @MarkHookham

Sources believe another four rail franchises could go the way of Virgin East Coast and collapse by the end of the year. I’ve been struck by the number of senior people who believe the current franchising model faces meltdown.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/6a1e ... 6f480ab6fd#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (£)
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... mmigration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Few Tories even grasp what Windrush says about them
Isabel Hardman
Many Conservatives have yet to understand the flaws created by their ‘hostile environment’ for immigration

... ?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Not much happening today, then?
Apparently not. Didn't Fukuyama say not so long ago that we'd reached an endpoint in human history and Western Liberal values had won?

So therefore such quiet times should be expected.

Well except for a Western Liberal government persecuting and trying to eject its own citizens, despite being a bit right wing I don't think he expected that kind of nonsense to be going on. Or maybe a Western Liberal country voting against its best interests to get rid of foreigners on the bus. Again I think this would have come as a bit of a surprise.

That's the problem with attempting absolutes in politics. They dont exist. We idiot humans have a multiplicity of needs and views on our needs. There's never a right or wrong answer. We are all different and respond according to our nature. A nature largely formed when we are children and intellectualised as adults.

In fact our nature goes far, far further back than that and many of the choices we make, under the illusion of free will, are made well before our conscious minds are even aware a choice is to be made.

(" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

We aren't tribes of left and right, that's just shit left over from our hunter gatherer past when we had to compete with other family groups.

We're individuals and not much is happening today.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

tinyclanger2 wrote:one set (of three) what would be in-laws currently in the vicinity, and am gearing up for another round. Pleasant enough, but I like chip butties, mushy peas and open-top bus tours.

None of which they can even begin to imagine.
Hang on, three sets of in-laws?
:shock:
Not sure how that works (though it's late, so apologies if I'm missing something), but might explain some of your sleeping difficulties?