Monday 30th April 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 30th April 2018

Post by PorFavor »

John Woodcock MP has been suspended from the Labour Party (Sky TV News - no details as yet).
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sajid Javid faces in-tray of complaints about plans for EU nationals

European parliament’s Brexit coordinator says MEPs have found significant problems surrounding future status of EU citizens

Sajid Javid, the home secretary, will begin his new job by facing a series of complaints from the European parliament over the UK government’s proposed system for granting EU nationals settled status in the country.

In the wake of the scandal over the treatment of the Windrush generation that cost Javid’s predecessor her job, the parliament’s Brexit coordinator, Guy Verhofstadt, has warned that MEPs found significant problems with the UK’s plans for EU citizens and were anxious over the plight of the most vulnerable applicants. (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -nationals
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Early night, everyone
Sleep well
love,
cJA
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

PorFavor wrote:John Woodcock MP has been suspended from the Labour Party (Sky TV News - no details as yet).
In this case, could it be getting the push before he jumps?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

The rumoured Labour/data/Cambridge Analytics story:

https://libertystratcom.org/2018/04/30/ ... analytica/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it's a Labour Leave/Leave.eu story.

Basically Leave.eu have previously claimed that they didn't need Cambridge Analytica's dodgy Facebook data, because they had their own data. Only, if this story is to be believed, it wasn't theirs, it was Labour Party data. Begged, borrowed or stolen? That is unclear and leaves a lot of unanswered questions. What is clear is that there are possibly some data protection violations to add to the long list of things Leave.eu are being investigated for.

Quite simply, it gets murkier.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Wasn't there a connection between Labour Leave and Dominic Cummings?

Answered my own question...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/la ... .pxx5vX2KV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour Leave, which formally launches on Wednesday, has described itself as "a Labour campaign, run by, staffed by, and funded by Labour members".

However, BuzzFeed News has learned its website is registered to Dominic Cummings, a former special adviser to Michael Gove who pushed through some of the former education secretary's most radical reforms and now works for the Vote Leave campaign. The administrative address for Labour Leave's website is also given as Vote Leave's headquarters in central London.
Last edited by RogerOThornhill on Mon 30 Apr, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

We have the unalloyed joy that is an Ofsted visit tomorrow - just a one day one this time.

I was sitting here and saw the email pop up at 12:10...oh great I thought...
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

This is superb

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Wasn't there a connection between Labour Leave and Dominic Cummings?

Answered my own question...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/la ... .pxx5vX2KV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour Leave, which formally launches on Wednesday, has described itself as "a Labour campaign, run by, staffed by, and funded by Labour members".

However, BuzzFeed News has learned its website is registered to Dominic Cummings, a former special adviser to Michael Gove who pushed through some of the former education secretary's most radical reforms and now works for the Vote Leave campaign. The administrative address for Labour Leave's website is also given as Vote Leave's headquarters in central London.
Well remembered. All the leave campaigns appear to have worked together far more closely than the Electoral Commission would allow, with Cummings at Vote Leave being the lynchpin, but no doubt Brexit will be done and dusted by the time it's all unravelled.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Stunning photos, RIP Shah Marai.
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/ ... ai/559241/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I missed this...a fine bit of Rentoul punditry.

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

RogerOThornhill wrote:I missed this...a fine bit of Rentoul punditry.

Clairvoyance in action.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Both he and DFH excelled themselves even more than usual here :lol:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"