FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Sat 22 Sep, 2018 1:40 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:39 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 21420
Has thanked: 17205 times
Been thanked: 31072 times
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... -thinktank


Give millennials £10,000 each to tackle generation gap, says thinktank

(Social care,half spend not elderly)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:41 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 21420
Has thanked: 17205 times
Been thanked: 31072 times
You're obsessed.

Indeed but the easy fit contrary to actual facts,gets on my napper.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 21420
Has thanked: 17205 times
Been thanked: 31072 times
You talking to yourself again.

Yes,refitman lost the 07.09-07.11morning all contract and Paul has yet to reveal his location.I'm guessing a cruise ship on the Danube.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 7:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
HindleA wrote:
You talking to yourself again.

Yes,refitman lost the 07.09-07.11morning all contract and Paul has yet to reveal his location.I'm guessing a cruise ship on the Danube.

:lol:

Actually at work in Leeds ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 8:24 am 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1970
Has thanked: 13191 times
Been thanked: 3985 times
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... stoms-plan
"Boris Johnson attacks Theresa May's 'crazy' customs plan"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
tinybgoat wrote:
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/08/boris-johnson-attacks-theresa-mays-crazy-customs-plan
"Boris Johnson attacks Theresa May's 'crazy' customs plan"

He's right for the wrong reasons isn't he?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1970
Has thanked: 13191 times
Been thanked: 3985 times
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
tinybgoat wrote:
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/08/boris-johnson-attacks-theresa-mays-crazy-customs-plan
"Boris Johnson attacks Theresa May's 'crazy' customs plan"

He's right for the wrong reasons isn't he?

I suppose he has to give reasons, to try and make the alternative hi-tec invisible border thing, look less mad.
Rather than 'ignore her she's crazy, come and look at my Unicorn instead'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2488
Has thanked: 5574 times
Been thanked: 5791 times
@HindleA

It wasn't my birthday, under the 1995 rules my SPA was 64 and 1 month, now 65 and 7 months.

As cja rightly said, bastards.

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 9:31 am 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2488
Has thanked: 5574 times
Been thanked: 5791 times
tinybgoat wrote:
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/08/boris-johnson-attacks-theresa-mays-crazy-customs-plan
"Boris Johnson attacks Theresa May's 'crazy' customs plan"


Quote:
“Otherwise if Britain chose to vary its laws in any way at all on goods and agrifood, then logically you would need checks at the border.”

Yes Boris, that's exactly why leaving the EU is such a crap idea.

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 10:11 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7900
Has thanked: 790 times
Been thanked: 16842 times
And he probably knows that, especially if you believe the reports that he was never a committed leaver in the first place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 21420
Has thanked: 17205 times
Been thanked: 31072 times
https://www.theguardian.com/housing-net ... le-housing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 11:01 am 
Offline
Home Secretary

Joined: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 1723
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 3517 times
Good piece in the Independent on various bald folk arguing about combs.

Brexit: The Cabinet's battle over EU customs is an insult to our intelligence
Quote:
From the ridiculous to the absurd. Whatever side of the Brexit debate you’re on, presumably we can agree the UK’s exit from the EU is a big deal and should be taken seriously? In which case, the current debate about customs arrangements is simply not fit for purpose. Neither of the alternatives that were discussed in the Brexit cabinet committee last Wednesday is practical.

_________________
It's not how you fall, it's how you land.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
Secretary of State

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1362
Has thanked: 4546 times
Been thanked: 2036 times
adam wrote:
Good piece in the Independent on various bald folk arguing about combs.

Brexit: The Cabinet's battle over EU customs is an insult to our intelligence
Quote:
From the ridiculous to the absurd. Whatever side of the Brexit debate you’re on, presumably we can agree the UK’s exit from the EU is a big deal and should be taken seriously? In which case, the current debate about customs arrangements is simply not fit for purpose. Neither of the alternatives that were discussed in the Brexit cabinet committee last Wednesday is practical.

The two - minute vid by Joe Watts at the top of the Indy page says it all :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7900
Has thanked: 790 times
Been thanked: 16842 times
Parliamentary by-election in Lewisham East is confirmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 12:19 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
Yes a very good piece.

[Edited to say the EU one]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4985
Has thanked: 10266 times
Been thanked: 12219 times
Quote:
Boris Johnson has launched an unprecedented attack on the prime minister’s preferred option for a post-Brexit EU customs partnership, calling the proposed system crazy and saying it would not give Britain control of trade policy.

On a visit to Washington, the foreign secretary said a customs partnership, one of two options considered by the cabinet’s Brexit subcommittee, would be unacceptable.


https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... stoms-plan

Open sedition in the ranks, yet May stumbles on.

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7302
Has thanked: 4447 times
Been thanked: 16918 times
Afternoon all. Morning spent out looking at old houses and wall-plaques...

Private hospitals warned over failing safety and quality standards

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/07/private-hospitals-england-jeremy-hunt-cqc-damning-report

Quote:
On Tuesday, Jeremy Hunt will write to the chief executives of 206 private hospitals across England following a damning report into the sector by the safety regulator last month.

The Care Quality Commission found that two in five private hospitals are failing to meet safety standards intended to protect the public from harm, intensifying concerns among ministers over patient safety.

Thousands of patients are thought to be moved during emergencies to the NHS every year from private hospitals, which rarely have intensive care beds or dedicated resuscitation teams, with the state then left to pick up the pieces.


But...but...private hospitals are way better than the NHS - everyone knows that surely?

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4985
Has thanked: 10266 times
Been thanked: 12219 times
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... tch-warns/

Quote:
The UK’s households are borrowing more money than they are saving for the first time since the so-called “Lawson boom” in the Eighties, the credit rating agency Fitch has warned.


Behind paywall, but you get the gist.

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2488
Has thanked: 5574 times
Been thanked: 5791 times
RogerOThornhill wrote:
But...but...private hospitals are way better than the NHS - everyone knows that surely?

Donkeys years ago I spent a few days in a Nuffield hospital, was in BUPA through work and the consultant couldn't find me an NHS bed, plus ca change.

My mother knew a bit about the NHS and at the time was Chair of the Community Health Council, it would be fair to say she wasn't much impressed by the nursing care.

The food was edible though, which you definitely can't say about James Cook. :D

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2488
Has thanked: 5574 times
Been thanked: 5791 times
Quote:
Quote:
“Otherwise if Britain chose to vary its laws in any way at all on goods and agrifood, then logically you would need checks at the border.”

Yes Boris, that's exactly why leaving the EU is such a crap idea.


AnatolyKasparov wrote:
And he probably knows that, especially if you believe the reports that he was never a committed leaver in the first place.

There's really no excuse for any MP not knowing that fact, whether or not they think alignment is desirable. It's not hard to get the impression that some of them are only now figuring it out, we are not well served.

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 3:54 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 21420
Has thanked: 17205 times
Been thanked: 31072 times
"at work in Leeds"

Is that an euphemism.


Going to Leeds this w/end,as it happens.It's been warned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
@RichardNewby3

Lords vote 298 to 227 to defeat Government and support continued involvement in EU agencies


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15141
Has thanked: 83458 times
Been thanked: 13656 times
RogerOThornhill wrote:
Afternoon all. Morning spent out looking at old houses and wall-plaques...

Private hospitals warned over failing safety and quality standards

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/may/07/private-hospitals-england-jeremy-hunt-cqc-damning-report
Quote:
On Tuesday, Jeremy Hunt will write to the chief executives of 206 private hospitals across England following a damning report into the sector by the safety regulator last month.

The Care Quality Commission found that two in five private hospitals are failing to meet safety standards intended to protect the public from harm, intensifying concerns among ministers over patient safety.

Thousands of patients are thought to be moved during emergencies to the NHS every year from private hospitals, which rarely have intensive care beds or dedicated resuscitation teams, with the state then left to pick up the pieces.

But...but...private hospitals are way better than the NHS - everyone knows that surely?
Freebooters' response
the NHS shouldn't be there catching when things fall apart
the private sector has no incentive


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7900
Has thanked: 790 times
Been thanked: 16842 times
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
@RichardNewby3

Lords vote 298 to 227 to defeat Government and support continued involvement in EU agencies


Becoming a bit of a habit now.......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4985
Has thanked: 10266 times
Been thanked: 12219 times
Quote:
May suffers 12th Lords defeat on EU withdrawal bill as peers vote against specifying 29 March 2019 as Brexit day


Given only the government is in a position to ask for an extension or revoke article 50, it's strange they felt they had to legislate for this in the first place. In the absence of positive action, we leave on the 29th March 2019 whether we want to or not, making putting it into law a bit redundant really. Passing laws solely to reassure members of your own cabinet of your commitment to government policy kind of sums up the sheer patheticness of May's position.

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
@RichardNewby3

Lords vote 298 to 227 to defeat Government and support continued involvement in EU agencies


Becoming a bit of a habit now.......

Yes - "enemies of the people" eh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
Willow904 wrote:
Quote:
May suffers 12th Lords defeat on EU withdrawal bill as peers vote against specifying 29 March 2019 as Brexit day


Given only the government is in a position to ask for an extension or revoke article 50, it's strange they felt they had to legislate for this in the first place. In the absence of positive action, we leave on the 29th March 2019 whether we want to or not, making putting it into law a bit redundant really. Passing laws solely to reassure members of your own cabinet of your commitment to government policy kind of sums up the sheer patheticness of May's position.

Quite!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
So what is the likelihood of Nicky Morgan and co voting against the Government when these come back to the Commons?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4985
Has thanked: 10266 times
Been thanked: 12219 times
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ssion=true

Quote:
Britain needs to rediscover its bulldog spirit as it leaves the EU to embrace the world


....Europe not being part of "the world" presumably. Because if it was, wouldn't leaving the EU be more like unembracing the world outside Britain?

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:05 pm 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1970
Has thanked: 13191 times
Been thanked: 3985 times
Willow904 wrote:
Quote:
May suffers 12th Lords defeat on EU withdrawal bill as peers vote against specifying 29 March 2019 as Brexit day


Given only the government is in a position to ask for an extension or revoke article 50, it's strange they felt they had to legislate for this in the first place. In the absence of positive action, we leave on the 29th March 2019 whether we want to or not, making putting it into law a bit redundant really. Passing laws solely to reassure members of your own cabinet of your commitment to government policy kind of sums up the sheer patheticness of May's position.


Quote:
3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

no-one's explained to me why I'm wrong yet, but to me, "date of entry into force" could, (with agreement), be any time after the negotiation deadline.
Which might make sense in some situations, ie; if you knew that a longer lead time was needed to prepare infrastructure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7302
Has thanked: 4447 times
Been thanked: 16918 times
So Trump's withdrawn from the Iran nuclear deal.

Quote:
Trump cites Netanyahu documents in decision
"At the heart of the Iran deal was a giant fiction that a murderous regime desired only a peaceful nuclear energy program. Today we have definitive proof that this Iranian promise was a lie.

"Last week Israel published intelligence documents, long concealed by Iran, conclusively showing the Iranian regime's history of pursuing nuclear weapons."


That was definitely one for the "Gosh, how convenient!" file and despite all of the experts saying there was nothing new.

:roll:

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15141
Has thanked: 83458 times
Been thanked: 13656 times
There's an urgency here almost rather plaintive, a call for help and guidance
It's unsettling
This is from Parliament, UK's leadership
Quote:
Uncertainty continues over possible EU travel visas post-Brexit
08 May 2018


There is uncertainty whether or not UK nationals will require a visa to travel in the EU post-Brexit. This has been highlighted by the European Scrutiny Committee who have been examining the European Commission proposed overhaul of EU visa policy to reflect the new migration and security challenges confronting the EU.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... xit-17-19/
Quote:
Departments have no clear plan in face of impossible challenge
04 May 2018


The Public Accounts Committee report says preparations for Brexit are being hampered by uncertainty over UK’s future relationship with the EU.

The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Department for International Trade (DIT) face an unprecedented challenge in preparing for Brexit. Their preparations, however, are being hampered by the pervasive uncertainty about the UK’s future relationship with the EU, which leaves not only departments but also businesses in the dark about exactly what they need to do to prepare.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... hed-17-19/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15141
Has thanked: 83458 times
Been thanked: 13656 times
Willow904 wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/05/07/britain-needs-rediscover-bulldog-spirit-leaves-eu-embrace-world/amp/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Quote:
Britain needs to rediscover its bulldog spirit as it leaves the EU to embrace the world
---
(cJA edit & emphasis)

Is this a religious ceremony of some kind?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 6:55 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7900
Has thanked: 790 times
Been thanked: 16842 times
As pointed out by several since that headline appeared, bulldogs these days aren't really things to emulate.

(horribly overbred and unfit, in many cases)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
@Andrew_Adonis

House of Lords has voted in favour of continued membership of the Single Market by majority of 27. Hugely important victory for common sense on Brexit


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline
Secretary of State

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 1362
Has thanked: 4546 times
Been thanked: 2036 times
citizenJA wrote:
There's an urgency here almost rather plaintive, a call for help and guidance
It's unsettling
This is from Parliament, UK's leadership
Quote:
Uncertainty continues over possible EU travel visas post-Brexit
08 May 2018


There is uncertainty whether or not UK nationals will require a visa to travel in the EU post-Brexit. This has been highlighted by the European Scrutiny Committee who have been examining the European Commission proposed overhaul of EU visa policy to reflect the new migration and security challenges confronting the EU.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... xit-17-19/
Quote:
Departments have no clear plan in face of impossible challenge
04 May 2018


The Public Accounts Committee report says preparations for Brexit are being hampered by uncertainty over UK’s future relationship with the EU.

The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Department for International Trade (DIT) face an unprecedented challenge in preparing for Brexit. Their preparations, however, are being hampered by the pervasive uncertainty about the UK’s future relationship with the EU, which leaves not only departments but also businesses in the dark about exactly what they need to do to prepare.

https://www.parliament.uk/business/comm ... hed-17-19/

Perhaps the frogs could take a leaf out of Treeza's Windrush Solution and deport me to the UK ?

I only left the UK forty years ago, my three children and soon to be seven granchildren are all French, my pensions are mostly European, I paid into their NI system and have the same health card as the locals ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 15141
Has thanked: 83458 times
Been thanked: 13656 times
Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
Debbie Abrahams gone!

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... ecretary-1

debbie-abrahams-sacked-shadow-work-and-pensions-secretary-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 7:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... power.html

House-Lords-reform-threat-unique-check-excessive-power

Good spot by somebody. David Davis in 2012 opposing Lords reform :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 6112
Has thanked: 2115 times
Been thanked: 10084 times
@EmilyThornberry

"The whole world should condemn this reckless, senseless and immoral act of diplomatic sabotage [Trump, Iran]"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2488
Has thanked: 5574 times
Been thanked: 5791 times
Hostile environment in the justice system
https://www.buzzfeed.com/emilydugan/the ... .qhDLNl6r6
Quote:
the MoJ has been sitting on research that showed there were already serious concerns in the judiciary three years ago about the availability of criminal legal aid and the rise of people defending criminal charges without a lawyer.

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10936
Has thanked: 27291 times
Been thanked: 15457 times
Borzou Daragahi

@borzou
BREAKING: Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has confirmed Iran will continue the nuclear deal members of the P5+1 even without US. (State TV)

7:55 PM - May 8, 2018

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10936
Has thanked: 27291 times
Been thanked: 15457 times
Michael Avenatti
@MichaelAvenatti

After significant investigation, we have discovered that Mr. Trump’s atty Mr. Cohen received approximately $500,000 in the mos. after the election from a company controlled by a Russian Oligarc with close ties to Mr. Putin. These monies may have reimbursed the $130k payment.

10:05 PM - May 8, 2018

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Tue 08 May, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 7302
Has thanked: 4447 times
Been thanked: 16918 times
Back from a gig.

Well, this is interesting...

Quote:
Tom Newton Dunn

Verified account

@tnewtondunn
3h3 hours ago
More
I’ve been in Tel Aviv all day, talking to Israeli military and intelligence figures. NONE wanted Trump to pull out, just Bibi Netanyahu and a few other politicians. So this should not be in Israel’s name

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tuesday 8th May 2018
PostPosted: Wed 09 May, 2018 2:52 am 
Offline
Chancellor

Joined: Mon 23 Feb, 2015 8:23 am
Posts: 1970
Has thanked: 13191 times
Been thanked: 3985 times
Not the most important Netanyahu story, but..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... edirect=on
"Netanyahu puts wrong foot forward by serving Japan’s Abe dessert in a shoe"


Attachments:
images-3.jpg
images-3.jpg [ 11.99 KiB | Viewed 668 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group