Tuesday 12th June 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 12th June 2018

Post by Willow904 »

citizenJA wrote:not just any concession
a significant concession
More a "we'll think about it" than a concession. Which is what parents tend to say when they mean "no".
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:@JA

LOL

But to be fair, I'm sure Grieve, Lee, Morgan will have made it quite clear that if this amendment does not appear when the Bill goes back to the Lords she's toast.
Perhaps if May "forgets", the Lord's could pop it in for her ;)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

"And the government won..."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... 0d612a680a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sure, like Leave won
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Dominic Grieve told the Press Association...
---
"This debate in parliament today is not about second referendums, it is about trying to manage what is an extremely risky and complex process as well as possible."

- Politics Blog
it's about managing Tory government in the interests of Tory government; nothing more
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The mechanics of governing, Parliamentary negotiation, is too convoluted and opaque
Shouldn't need a Twitter account explaining how Parliament works
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

Willow904 wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:So, has anyone worked out what the Grieve amendment means?
If adopted in its entirety it's very useful (I quoted a synopsis in a previous comment - see above) as it would prevent the government from pursuing a no deal Brexit (although nothing, now article 50 has been triggered, could stop a no deal Brexit being thrust upon us, unless we can unilaterally revoke it).

It needs 5c adopted to have real teeth and it's doubtful whether that bit will make it to the Lords amendment, though. 5a and 5b will still be good checks on negotiation drift, however. The government will have to face Parliament in October, with or without a withdrawal bill, which is good.

Edited - correction, end of November not October. 5c would provide what the Lords wanted, for parliament to decide in a binding vote what happens if no withdrawal agreement is approved by Feb 2019. I don't see that making the final cut, somehow.
Thanks Willow sorry I hadn't really absorbed your previous comment - it's been a busy day!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

the two nations I've currently the greatest access to are in the hands of people I don't trust at all
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

And I don't like US and UK leadership at all either
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Gerard Coyne’s latest dead-horse-flogging attempt has ended in another humiliating failure after yet another attempt to legally overturn the democratic decision of Unite union members to re-elect Len McCluskey as their General Secretary was witheringly dismissed by an Employment Appeals Tribunal (EAT) judge.
https://skwawkbox.org/2018/06/12/coyne- ... -and-weak/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

John Crace

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... amendments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel Graham Parker
@dgp202
Why Thorpe Park no longer care about disabled people: a thread
9:06 pm · 10 Jun 2018
Change in management?

Staff training issues?

Or is this a reflection of a wider shift, a cultural shift, the natural consequence of the pushback against so called "political correctness"?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

You know how sports matches get the hashtags corresponding to the first thee letters of each team?

e.g. Rangers vs Celtic is #RANCEL

Well tonight it's Wales vs Russia

:dance:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Insane(?) TMay finallly gives in to pressure

/government-relax-immigration-rules-overseas-doctors

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... as-doctors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder how it took so long, perhaps Sajid Javid made a difference ? But I do wonder why JHunt had not made a big point about it all before ?

Perhaps if you had 3000 fewer doctors it would have been marginally better for Budgets ?
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

PaulfromYorkshire wrote:You know how sports matches get the hashtags corresponding to the first thee letters of each team?
e.g. Rangers vs Celtic is #RANCEL
Well tonight it's Wales vs Russia
:dance:
Always had fun with this. Some puerile dream friendlies:

Arsenal v Holland
Penarol v Nessoden IF
Wanderers v Kazakhstan

I'll get me coat :lol: