Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th July 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th July 2018

Post by tinyclanger2 »

or rather 5 .....
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

refitman wrote:Ian Austin seems to be shocked that being abusive to someone results in disciplinary proceedings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... suspension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have seen some claiming Austin is himself Jewish this morning (he's not)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
refitman wrote:Ian Austin seems to be shocked that being abusive to someone results in disciplinary proceedings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... suspension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have seen some claiming Austin is himself Jewish this morning (he's not)
Seems to have vanished off the Graun/Observer front page pretty sharpish. Not surprising considering what's been reported:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well, rather a different Nick Cohen from his usual (endlessly recycled) column today.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

“What is striking is that getting on for one-and-a-half million of those denied that vote have turned 18 since June 2016. We know from the breakdown of the referendum that the vast majority of these young people would have voted to remain in the EU, almost the polar opposite of older people.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 67631.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Plus the 1 million expats in the EU.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

And there are the (mostly pro-Brexit) elderly voters who have passed away in the same period.

(though one of them, my dad, was certainly not a leave voter)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

tinyclanger2 wrote:The main problem lies in voting in intellectual and moral lightweights to run something as complex as a country.

How hard can it be (Dunning Kruger)?
Historically they used to listen to our heavyweight civil service at least some of the time, when did they stop doing that?
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

gilsey wrote:
tinyclanger2 wrote:The main problem lies in voting in intellectual and moral lightweights to run something as complex as a country.

Historically they used to listen to our heavyweight civil service at least some of the time, when did they stop doing that?
It does feel like we live in a semi-anarchic state these days. Seems to be linked to the recently popular notion that all views are equally valid regardless of the evidence for one over another.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

It's like we've run out of grownups.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

tinyclanger2 wrote:
gilsey wrote:

It does feel like we live in a semi-anarchic state these days. Seems to be linked to the recently popular notion that all views are equally valid regardless of the evidence for one over another.
Something that many media outlets, most notably the BBC, seem to have swallowed unquestioningly.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Usual reversion to back where it was after removing aren't we good Governmental shenanigans(Blue Badge)welcome all the same.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Carole Cadwalladr

“”Jason Kint, chief executive of Digital Content Next, an American advertising industry executive based in New York, has become an avid follower of the committee’s work, getting up early to watch the unfolding drama on his computer. He said that parliament had achieved something that US lawmakers had, as yet, failed to do: it had called Facebook to account.

“Lots of people were very disappointed by [chief executive Mark] Zuckerberg’s appearances in Congress and the level of questions he received. They took it as a fait accompli that we couldn’t hold Facebook to account. What I’ve been saying is that if you watch the Commons committee you can see that’s not true. I’ve been impressed, both by the format and the bipartisan approach and how far they’ve come in understanding tech and big data. They are more threatening to Facebook than almost any other body in the world. And that’s why Zuckerberg won’t come and give evidence.

“What I appreciate about the format is that the MPs ask these questions, which sound very innocent in the way they are being asked in this very British style. But they then get to follow them up, and it leads to answers that are quite profound and important.” ”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ook-brexit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apols if already posted ... but important stuff !
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Apologies.Somewhat hyperactive at the moment.I blame the Tories,as it is always their fault.
It's true

Good-evening, everyone
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sitting having a Polish beer and have just realised I'm going to have to add that to my stockpiling list.

It's quite a sizeable list already and I'm not sure where I'll put everything on it or how I'll defend it all.

Probably a cave with automated gun turrets at the entrance. I could set them to open fire on any IQ lower than 100 which should take care of any Brexiters sniffing around. Plus I'd get the bonus that all the cheese I stored would end up being cave aged so I could charge three times the price to anyone who wanted to buy it despite it not tasting discernibly different at all.

Actually this is already sounding great.

With the money I make from the cheese I could raise a small army, march on the smoking heap of ruins that was once Westminister, then instigate a second referendum.

Sounds like a bit of a hassle I know, but as long as I don't have to get up before lunchtime I reckon I can manage it.

Who's with me?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Sitting having a Polish beer and have just realised I'm going to have to add that to my stockpiling list.

It's quite a sizeable list already and I'm not sure where I'll put everything on it or how I'll defend it all.

Probably a cave with automated gun turrets at the entrance. I could set them to open fire on any IQ lower than 100 which should take care of any Brexiters sniffing around. Plus I'd get the bonus that all the cheese I stored would end up being cave aged so I could charge three times the price to anyone who wanted to buy it despite it not tasting discernibly different at all.

With the money I make from the cheese I could raise a small army, march on the smoking heap of ruins that was once Westminister, then instigate a second referendum.

Sounds like a bit of a hassle I know, but as long as I don't have to get up before lunchtime I reckon I can manage it.

Who's with me?
A confirmed night owl writes: this is definitely the most important thing 8-)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Rightwing UK thinktank 'offered ministerial access' to potential US donors

Exclusive: Institute of Economic Affairs boss tells undercover reporter IEA in ‘Brexit influencing game’
(Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... irs-brexit
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyone else notice how the BBC weather forecasting is now shit? I know that sounds like an odd question out of nowhere but I usually go walking on a Sunday and didn't today because the BBC weather app predicted a deluge of rain and thunderstorms. They stopped using the Met Office in March and started using a private company called 'MeteoGroup' and their forecasting has been getting worse and worse ever since. I realise they did this to save money under pressure from the government but it's effectively made their forecasts junk. Today for example the Met Office was spot on while the BBC was talking absolute bollocks. And this is happening with increasing frequency. If the Met Office app didn't have adverts I'd have dumped the BBC one months ago but it seems that day has finally come. A niche complaint I guess but it's always sad to see a dimunition of service forced by blind ideology.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

ITV still uses Met Office I think, not least GMB who boast the best weather forecaster there is 8-)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm unable to find the resources and tools necessary to stockpile enough food and other essential provisions for myself and community in less than a year under current conditions.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Tory government don't care if their policies cause hardship. They've had leadership since 2010; look at their record.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor wrote:
Exclusive: Institute of Economic Affairs boss tells undercover reporter IEA in ‘Brexit influencing game’
Ah yes, Mark Littlewood.

I remember him from my (thankfully former) days as a Liberal Democrat.

He's basically a money grubbing little shit. I once saw him argue against raising the minimum wage claiming it would stop him from employing poor people in his 'think tank'. A member of the audience asked him why he didn't just reduce his own million pound salary and use the savings to pay the poor people he claimed to want to employ. Upon which Mark suddenly developed a convenient cough and had to leave the stage then didn't appear for the second half of the debate.

I joined the Lib-Dems under Charlie Kennedy when it was a party standing on a social democratic platform to the left of Labour at the time. It was wretches like Littlewood who steered fools like Clegg to the right and into that sickening, disastrous coalition with the Tories. That he's continuing to be a miserable grasping little turd doesn't suprise me in the slightest.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Anyone else notice how the BBC weather forecasting is now shit? I know that sounds like an odd question out of nowhere but I usually go walking on a Sunday and didn't today because the BBC weather app predicted a deluge of rain and thunderstorms. They stopped using the Met Office in March and started using a private company called 'MeteoGroup' and their forecasting has been getting worse and worse ever since. I realise they did this to save money under pressure from the government but it's effectively made their forecasts junk. Today for example the Met Office was spot on while the BBC was talking absolute bollocks. And this is happening with increasing frequency. If the Met Office app didn't have adverts I'd have dumped the BBC one months ago but it seems that day has finally come. A niche complaint I guess but it's always sad to see a dimunition of service forced by blind ideology.

Funnily enough, I had a conversation with someone on exactly that only the other day! I was explaining that the BBC had dumped the Met Office (or "experts" to use what is now an accepted insult) quite some time ago. Quite the trendsetters, aren't they?

Edited - brackets
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:A confirmed night owl writes: this is definitely the most important thing 8-)
I've seen loads of owls during the day, barn owls, short eared owls, tawny owls. So it's kinda stereotyping them to use them as an example of something that only comes out at night.

Even aliens mostly come at night...mostly.

What does come at night if you live in a shared house is angry shouting from two floors above because their character has just been killed in a computer game or some dick playing music...which is usually me.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Sitting having a Polish beer and have just realised I'm going to have to add that to my stockpiling list.

Who's with me?
Good Jay Rayner piece about this today...

When it comes to the UK’s supply chain, preparations for a no-deal scenario are non-existent

I will write to all of our local MPs tomorrow asking them to confirm that they will do whatever is necessary, and vote for any deal that is necessary, to ensure continuity supply of insulin, rather than kill my daughters for the sake of their ideology. We shall see.
I still believe in a town called Hope
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:I will write to all of our local MPs tomorrow asking them to confirm that they will do whatever is necessary, and vote for any deal that is necessary, to ensure continuity supply of insulin, rather than kill my daughters for the sake of their ideology. We shall see.
Apparently their plans are to just say 'fuck it' and let everything through until we've agreed a deal with the WTO.

That's fine for me and beer. If I drink a beer knowing it might be fake it's my own fault.

But it's not fine for your daughter and millions of other people in this country who need drugs that are no longer being verified for their authenticity.

And this could take years. Who is complaining most vociferously about the terms of our WTO membership? The United States.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Chilean wine...shit didn't think of that until I started drinking it.

Add that to the list as it would appear Chile obviously has a trade agreement with the EU.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sorry to have invaded your realm this evening.

Just one point I would make.

It's a bit quiet round here isn't it?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

We will dick around feeling smug about ourselves signing fucking petitions which will accomplish nothing.

Because there's nothing we can do.

We are powerless.

Just observers, for what comes afterwards.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Sorry to have invaded your realm this evening.

Just one point I would make.

It's a bit quiet round here isn't it?
We are powerless.
I think you've answered your own question.

No need to apologise, you're welcome.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

My question can never be answered until we educate the most slow amongst us about why a photon can be a particle one second then a wave the other.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Oops that really happened.

See if you can answer the question above.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]uw3wL15qD1g[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

No amount of messing around with sub atomic particles will help us.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

All you need is a mirror and a torch.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sorry forgot where I was.

I'm sure you are all aware of basic quantum mechanics.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Like a rainbow.

[youtube]6c1BThu95d8[/youtube]