Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August 2018

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Oh dear..an object lesson on how to make things worse...
chloe westley
‏@LowTaxChloe
Follow
Follow @LowTaxChloe

More
Replying to @JolyonMaugham
the tweet was two years ago, long before she was involved with UKIP. Thought she was doing good work on investigating FGM, grooming, etc. I don't agree with her on stuff she has said since.
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

frog222 wrote:PTO ?????????????
I can take a hint . . .
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-45068 ... ssion=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Immigration rules would allow Mr Singh's visa to be extended if he earned £120,000 a year,"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I couldn't disagree with most of the Helen Lewis, it was very witty too, but not with the advice to " concede everything to the Israel Firsters and move on" .
Labour’s endless internal rows leave it with little energy for real opposition

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... opposition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of them well to the Right of the party and hate him for that as well as their hyper-protectiveness towards the State of Israel ? So they are never going to declare peace, for both reasons, with the latter predominating .

So far as real domestic UK persecution of jews is concerned that is a matter for much better more targeted policing , together with exactly the same attention for the islamophobes.

IF Corbyn had directed his attention to the general public on that question, over the heads of the internecine squabblers and saboteurs in his party, he could have gained support and respect for his position on free speech rel the IHRA definition PLUS more emphasis on policing all the extremes ?

Unfortunately we have not heard any robust straight thinking and talking from him on the matter . And the apology we discussed on friday(?) does appear to be an unnecessary (to me, in this case) reneging on respectable enough former friends. ( Contrast that with friday's forthright quotes from Glenda Jackson !)

Has anyone read the TomWatson and the NickCohen ?

High tide, so those are delegated :-)
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"They may be a few",really "helpful" in Corbyn e-mail,here's some more ammunition.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Shall we say inconsistent with the following "anybody that denies .."A needless "balance",impression of begrudging acceptance to an independent eye IMHO.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-45068 ... ssion=true

"Immigration rules would allow Mr Singh's visa to be extended if he earned £120,000 a year,"
That's how little Tory government cares for most UK citizens and their families
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Equivocal unequivocalness.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amaz ... 28f5fde8b1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amazon under fire as it pays less in national insurance than a hospital

"Amazon’s UK operation pays less in employer national insurance (NI) contributions than Guy’s Hospital in London, according to its accounts published last week."

(Usual copy and paste article by request)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

David Aaronovitch has resumed digging his hole, I see.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Wail after Maxine Peake and" taking taxpayers money" for NHS related voiceover.
Attachments
Dj1U6qJXsAAj2hk.jpeg
Dj1U6qJXsAAj2hk.jpeg (153.47 KiB) Viewed 3588 times
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Or how a default of "hard done to/it is unfair "doesn't actually work when you are leader,in personal and group think collective terms.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://voxeu.org/article/impact-waitin ... mA.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waiting time targets and patient outcomes in emergency departments

"When we compare the different magnitude of effects on mortality, waits and admission probabilities across these groups we find that larger mortality effects are associated with larger reductions in waiting times, but not with increased admissions. While these effects are not causal, the evidence strongly suggests that reduced waiting times, rather than increased treatment, are associated with reduction in mortality."
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

/london-cleaners-strike-over-living-wage-and-sick-pay
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-sick-pay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very good, stick it to them !
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Have we had this (from yesterday)?
Sajid Javid accused of 'buying silence' of Windrush citizens

Labour claims home secretary has imposed non-disclosure agreements in return for fast-track compensation
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... h-citizens
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

YES , but better twice than never !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Is the vid from JCorbyn out there yet ?

I do hope it doesn't hurt my feelings :-)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

I saw the tweets (yesterday?) where someone had worked out who this was...

England’s most senior GP quits over anonymous online posts

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... line-posts
England’s most senior GP has quit after it emerged he had posted provocative comments under a pseudonym on a news website for GPs, including a remark suggesting GPs should be pleased to see small practices shut down.

Dr Arvind Madan, director of primary care at NHS England, resigned on Sunday after it was revealed he was behind dozens of incognito remarks posted on the Pulse Today website using the name “Devil’sAdvocate”.

One comment, under an article about hundreds of GP surgeries closing over the past five years, said most businesses would be “pleased to see a rationalisation of their markets”.

It added: “Let’s face it, there are probably too many small practices out there struggling to do everything you would want for your family in an era of modern general practice.”
Oops.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

James Sibley

@jamesDsibley
10h
10 hours ago

More
I see the people who don’t understand how the EU works have seamlessly moved on to not understanding how the WTO works
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
James Sibley

@jamesDsibley
10h
10 hours ago
More
I see the people who don’t understand how the EU works have seamlessly moved on to not understanding how the WTO works
Great stuff! ""@nckhnsn
Surely they want us to reclaim our sovereignty from the unelected bureaucrats of the WTO?

So people, who among you has watched the Corbyn vid ???
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

citizenJA wrote:Goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA
Not you, then NN ! :-)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

WATCH: Jeremy Corbyn says he is 'sorry for the hurt caused' by anti-Semitism in Labour

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... s-he-sorry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No opinions ? :-)
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

frog222 wrote:WATCH: Jeremy Corbyn says he is 'sorry for the hurt caused' by anti-Semitism in Labour

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... s-he-sorry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No opinions ? :-)
Well he apologised for Antisemitism, not anti-Semitism. So that should be worth some brownie points, but I'm not holding my breath ...
edit: I'm sure I read something criticising Labour for spelling it anti-Semitism, but probably getting confused.
Last edited by tinybgoat on Sun 05 Aug, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinybgoat
Speaker of the House

Post by tinybgoat »

Nick Cohen, back on form
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... prejudices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"How Britain’s far left ‘sympathises’ with the worst of our prejudices"
...Not the poisonous scapegoating of Jews, obviously. When it comes to the target of the Nazi conspiracy theory, Corbyn and his allies are the poison. Abandon the Jews, however, and you can just about grasp why his fans believe that Corbyn is Britain’s first black leader – our very own Mandela – rather than an elderly white gentleman who does not appear to have found the intellectual capacity to change his mind on a single issue since he left Shropshire’s Adams grammar school in 1967 with no academic qualifications worth mentioning.
It's hard (well, for me, at least) to follow the point of the article, but I think it's criticising momentum's guidelines for trying to converse with voters whose stated views are racist. Is Cohen serious?
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Just how embarrassing can our government get (part the nth)

According to the telegraph, our latest tilt at the rest of the EU is to argue that they are legally bound to make a deal with us, and will be breaking their own laws if they refuse to compromise, because Article 8 of the Lisbon Treat says
1. The Union shall develop a special relationship with neighbouring countries, aiming to establish an area of prosperity and good neighbourliness, founded on the values of the Union and characterised by close and peaceful relations based on cooperation.
We are a nation of pub lawyers, confident that a policeman can only arrest you if he's wearing his helmet and that, of course, dogs can't look up.

They also fail to notice that Article 8 continues...
2. For the purposes of paragraph 1, the Union may conclude specific agreements with the countries concerned. These agreements may contain reciprocal rights and obligations as well as the possibility of undertaking activities jointly. Their implementation shall be the subject of periodic consultation.
(my emphasis).

Oy, Barnier, you have to give us our deal we want because we asked for it first, and also when we signed that withdrawal agreement thing we had our fingers crossed.
I still believe in a town called Hope