Wednesday 8th August 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Wednesday 8th August 2018

Post by HindleA »

Morning
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 8th August 2018

Post by HindleA »

In answer to frog222's question:-

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -customers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Accessible" largely means you can get in,as to whether useable another matter,and of course you get bastards like IDS who use them and don't flush.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

It's the seemingly small things that reveal.the personality.

Titter ye not.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Still got the Radar key,wouldn't dream of using for self.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

I'm an angel from above.Late Father-in-law so described,who am I to disagree.Actual angel above now helping me.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

[youtube]QNmW1mq-n_s[/youtube]
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:In answer to frog222's question:-

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -customers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Some areas – including Bolsover, Milton Keynes, Redditch and Wakefield – are without a single free public toilet.
... The total has fallen from 3,955 in 2000 to 2,414 this year, according to data submitted to the British Toilet Association (BTA) by 266 councils in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland."

Depending on your economic theory it comes down to taxation, redistribution of wealth , or ... money creation .
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Actually had cereal this morning,though a whole 790g box of Cornflakes,ten inch pizza,garlic bread,now what's next...
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Good to see ABdePJ taking the heat off JC for a day or two !

Perhaps even for longer , as the creature is sticking up for freedom of speech . Something which JC has not done in any noticeable way.

The whole notion that offending peoples' sensibilities is viewed as actionable is very suspect , and then demanding apologies makes me think of a primary school playground and some finger-wagging teecher.

Mr Blair 'apologised' for slavery, but I havent yet heard him on the Invasion of Iraq .

PS On Toady's press review it was pointed out that BJ's usual supporters the Wail and Scum are the only ones not to editorialise on his latest foray !
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:Actually had cereal this morning,though a whole 790g box of Cornflakes,ten inch pizza,garlic bread,now what's next...
Real alcoholics, I knew one who did this!, put gin on their cornflakes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Happy International cat day to Constance and other felines.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

PF doesn't bother about the cornflakes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Guess the Location"

1.Still Scarborough
2.Kyle of Lochalsh
3.Tristan da Cunha
4.Somewhere Else.

Vote NOW!!!
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

A "Paul from sometimes Yorkshire "t-shirt for the first correct answer.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Waiting for "greetings from outside your front door"
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... mass-rally" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Argentina holds historic abortion vote as 1m women rally to demand change
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... mass-rally

Argentina holds historic abortion vote as 1m women rally to demand change
And in some places some Pro-Lifers will even kill those who disagree with them . Now the Pope is encouraging people to put pressure on Senators . Interesting relations between Church and State in Latin America , with deal-making to the fore --

" Ortega steered his Sandinista Front lawmakers to support a total ban on abortion passed shortly before the 2006 election “as a gift to the Catholic Church,” said Einar Berntzen, associate professor of comparative politics at the University of Bergen in Norway. A week before the vote, Obando y Bravo, who had recently been replaced as archbishop, gave a sermon widely interpreted as endorsing Ortega’s candidacy."

https://apnews.com/f27e65a2be044f9cb58b042613d91712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PS edit -- >

It’s like some surreal Monopoly game —

I’ll swap support for your murderous régime for you banning absolutely ALL abortions .”

Real-life politics !
Last edited by frog222 on Wed 08 Aug, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Threat of mass eviction sparks Glasgow backlash against hostile environment
The campaign has had some success. Following a week of unprecedented protest, Serco said on Saturday it will extend the notice period on the first six people to be evicted and pause the other evictions for the time being.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

LABOUR’S ECONOMIC POLICY IS NOT NEOLIBERAL

https://criticalfinance.org/2018/08/07/ ... eoliberal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.
No library today as I was trying to sort out my wife's prescription which always seems to go wrong - wonder what part of "to be collected" the GP doesn't understand? they submitted 2/3rds of it electronically - contact the supplier "Nope, haven't received it". That was yesterday. Then get a phone call this morning..."Yes, we have it now."

Quite why they submit 2 items electronically and 1 on paper which I then scan in and submit is a mystery when it's all going to the same place.

So...Boris.
Iain Dale

Verified account

@IainDale
4h
4 hours ago

More
The choice facing Boris this morning:

A) Apologise and be viewed by those who saw nothing wrong with his comments as an ‘invertebrate protoplasmic jelly or

B) Be seen as someone who is quite happy to use Bannonesque dog whistle language to attract support from Islamophobes
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

There's no such thing as bad publicity for ABdePJ.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

As many posts as yesterday's thread come noon. I approve ;)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

HindleA wrote:LABOUR’S ECONOMIC POLICY IS NOT NEOLIBERAL

https://criticalfinance.org/2018/08/07/ ... eoliberal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Richard does tend to get a little excited ! :-)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Talking of Boris, this impressive slap-down by Richard Evans of Boris' writing ability (or lack of it) is worth reading again...

https://www.newstatesman.com/books/2014 ... -churchill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm pretty sure that Boris claimed that the Romans tried rent controls and it didn't work as his justification for it not to be introduced here.

No surprise to find out that price controls introduced in the Diocletian era contained many items and services...but not property rent.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Corbyn's apology was really to his supporters, not his implacable critics. At least that's how I see it.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Corbyn's apology was really to his supporters, not his implacable critics. At least that's how I see it.
Was that the one where he regretted being on the same platform as the Holocaust survivor who dared to criticise Israel in the 'wrong' terms ? And regretted hurting various peoples' feelings ?

It made one previously very Corbynista friend: "VERY angry" !
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Have we seen this?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ITV News

Verified account

@itvnews
Follow
Follow @itvnews

More
MP Ian Paisley could become the first to be unseated by a petition - here's how it works and why voters are bidding to oust him
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

frog222 wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Corbyn's apology was really to his supporters, not his implacable critics. At least that's how I see it.
Was that the one where he regretted being on the same platform as the Holocaust survivor who dared to criticise Israel in the 'wrong' terms ? And regretted hurting various peoples' feelings ?

Well it really shouldn't have done, given that "sorry for hurting your feelings" is the one of most minimal forms of apology available.

(btw wasn't the real upset for many the event occurring on Holocaust Memorial Day - now, I can see why some who are in no way frothing Likudists would not like that)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good-afternoon, everyone
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Seen a claim from a member of Liz Kendall's CLP that she has outright denied the "meetings" reported in the Daily Brexpress ever took place.

(or, certainly, that she was at all involved in them)

Just thought that might be worth noting (though of course "she would say that wouldn't she" and all that)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

'Firenado' spotted in Derbyshire by firefighters – video
Fire tornadoes – also known as fire whirls – happen when cool air combines with hot air above to create a swirling effect
Source: Leicestershire fire and rescue service
8 Aug 2018
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/vid ... ters-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yikes
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://cpag.org.uk/content/too-simple-f ... nt-periods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too simple: the failure of universal credit assessment periods

FWIW my wages varied,I sent wage slips for five years the old fashioned way,there was never a problem.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Keep it "complex".Return to what it "was".Be careful what you wish for in bemoanment.Rather surreal seeing the DWP.boasts about UC,a double deception of misrepresenting previous supposedly now addressed with the creation of the very problem that didn't exist.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

What you get when applying according to a default position that is very much the minority.Simplification is not a "good " end in itself.So why the support in principle.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... -quit-jobs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Care worker shortage after Brexit 'will force women to quit jobs'

The split is far from as portrayed.I don't find this "helpful".(usual "burdensome" portrayal,bemoan)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Boris Johnson faces growing criticism over burka jibe

Former foreign secretary Boris Johnson is facing growing criticism over his remark that Muslim women wearing the burka "look like letter boxes".

Dominic Grieve, the ex-attorney general, said he would quit the party if Mr Johnson became leader.(BBC News website)
I think I believe him (Dominic Grieve, that is).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45114368

Edited - to add the bit in brackets
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
frog222 wrote:
Well it really shouldn't have done, given that "sorry for hurting your feelings" is the one of most minimal forms of apology available.
(btw wasn't the real upset for many the event occurring on Holocaust Memorial Day - now, I can see why some who are in no way frothing Likudists would not like that)
AK - you are one of the "Team", and I claim my $5 ! :-) The real upset was that the Israel Firsters dug up this ancient historical nugget as part of their campaign to destabilise JC. And to lose votes for Labour.

"" Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has apologised for appearing on platforms with people whose views he "completely rejects".
Mr Corbyn's statement was in response to the Times reporting that he hosted an event in 2010 at which a Holocaust survivor compared Israel to Nazism.

So he rejected his previous allies, and obviously implied that he'd never do it again ... which is far far more than a minimal apology .

PS I explained already why "sorry for hurting your feelings" is completely without meaning in this context.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Maybe that killed the thread, or ? NOT :-)

I've previously mentioned that i was hoping that JC was UP TO his new function .

Still true .

Trumpology

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube]wmLxwMD3Q30[/youtube]