Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th October 2018

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th October 2018

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Let's PTO shall we?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Just been and caught the final day of the Roman Dead exhibition in Docklands. Fascinating stuff if slightly ghoulish...
PorFavor wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:Anyway..........everybody looking forward to the Budget tomorrow?
But will it be the Budget? Philip Hammond seems a bit iffy on that point.
Did I hear him say that there might well be another one if we leave with No deal?

That sounds like he's told Chote to forecast on the basis that somehow we'll get a deal on a similar basis to where we are now.
Yes - he said that we'd need an "Emergency Budget". (A "Quick and Easy Budget" (as per Liam Fox) or a "Quick and the Dead Budget"?)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Why not ! 6° here and blowing an easterly gale , so at least no RAIN !

Three years ago in the Spring a very small kitten came to my door . The farmer's wife had stopped feeding the cats as there were far too many ... so some of the young were dying . He disappeared for four months, and I'd given him up but he appeared again, thin and hungry, on the 13th !

Medical checkup for various old wounds, antibiotic, ID chip installed basically for a sophisticated cat-flap, and byebye to €90 .

So far I've only put in a simple flap, and am trying to teach him how to use it ...

Three grandsons plus parents today for lunch, played Scrabble !

One nugget I enjoyed on Radio4 :

" George Osborne went to run a newspaper, David Cameron ran away ."
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

I wonder if anybody's going to burn Cameron effigies on Bonfire Night ?

Bloody deserter .
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Brazil election 2018: far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro to become next president – live

Electoral authorities have confirmed Bolsonaro will become president after winning 55.7% of the vote in Sunday’s second-round poll (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... dency-live
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

This is bad news. Bolsonaro isn't a cynical clown with some unlovely friends a la Trump, but a genuine monster.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Fuck me it's cold up here, there was ice on the cars as I went to get the bus earlier.

Can you remember when the BRIC countries where supposed to be the future?

In Brazil we're about to see an actual proud fascist become president.

In China we have Xi Jinping making himself emperor for life.

In Russia we have...well all of that.

Which incredibly leaves India under Modi the most free and wonderful bastion of thought and enterprise despite the fact he's overseen the mass murder of Muslims.

And people wonder why we just want to stay in the EU, keep trading with out friends and keeping our heads down.