Tuesday 28th January 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 28th January 2020

Post by HindleA »

I got six grand under in lieu of taking legal action on equal pay,to counter the "only women" thing.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

There are reasons as to why I robustedly and repeatedly counter the false portrayal simplicity.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Denial of inconvenient facts because it doesn't fit is largely why -regardless at what level supposed solutions don't work.What does is attending to the specifity without your head exploding because it doesn't suit your ideology,agenda,purpose,need for simplicity etc
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

I see that we're back in the "Pah! Experts, what do they know about anything?" realm...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... -migrants/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ministers are to press ahead with an Australian-style immigration points system after effectively sacking their key adviser who described it as “soundbite” politics.

Professor Alan Manning, chair of the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), revealed on Tuesday that the Home Office had rebuffed his offer to stay on for a second three-year term and that he will step down next month.

It came as he launched the MAC’s blueprint for a post-Brexit immigration system for skilled workers saying the Government’s desire for an Australian points-based system was simply a “soundbite” for politicians to summarise their policy.
:roll:
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

refitman wrote:[youtube]91_5OOmK1TQ[/youtube]
Yeah. I really need a man explaining to me how men know what being a woman is better than a woman and women who don't agree are transphobic/not capable of thinking for themselves (silly little things, they can't help it, they're just women).

I am not bigoted. I have great respect for gender non-conforming men who want to be feminine and prefer to wear dresses (and gender non-conforming women who are masculine). I want them to be accepted, without prejudice, for what they are - feminine men (and masculine women). Transwomen are not women, however, and never will be women. People can be born with two sexes but someone who is born as one sex can't change into the other sex. That's not offensive, it's just biological fact.

Being a woman is being biologically female. It's not wearing dresses. It's not playing with dolls. It's not "a feeling". A man can't "feel like a woman" because there's no objective, quantifiable feeling that is unique to womankind.

I don't mind if people here disagree with me, but if you do, please, please, please could you do me the courtesy of addressing me directly with a response to the basic point I'm making that gender is an artificial societal construct that restricts both women and men to traditional, conservative and artificial roles whilst sex is basic biological fact, including the gloriously complex but natural possibility of being both, but never none, and usually, in the vast majority of cases, just the one, completely unchangeable one we are born as.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb