Friday 20th March 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 20th March 2020

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Dearie me...
Godfrey Bloom
‏@goddersbloom
Follow Follow @goddersbloom
More
Well, we didn't close our pubs in the blitz
60,000 people killed then
What happened to our nation?

8:14 PM - 20 Mar 2020
But the best reply...
Michael Deacon
‏Verified account

@MichaelPDeacon
1h1 hour ago
More
If Godfrey Bloom had actually been alive during the Second World War, rather than born four and a half years after it ended, he would have called blackout curtains woke and air raid shelters health and safety gone mad
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

frog222 wrote:
citizenJA wrote:@frog222
I'm obsessive compulsive and it's saving lives.
Well cJA, if you read and understood what I wrote at 6.37, as I'm sure you (for one) did, it might save your life, and perhaps those of a few close to you too...
Indeed it will
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Paul Embery

@PaulEmbery
2h2 hours ago
More
I notice that a number of my colleagues on the Left are currently showering praise on a British-Indian Tory chancellor for standing by workers. I wonder if they are the same people who until very recently were claiming we had a ‘far-Right’ government.
"Events dear boy, events"...

Incidentally I doubt any of his "colleagues" recognise him as being on the left these days.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

frog222 wrote:[how does all th))is and that compare with Multiple DEATHS and DISRUPTION coming down the pike ? (( SEE ITALY, OK ? ))Give it a few more days, and you will know what I'm talking about tonight .
Hey Froggie, you're absolutely right.

This is a pandemic, infections are rising exponentially, christ knows how many more have been caused by Johnson prevaricating about taking away our long held freedom to go to the pub or however else the idiot phrased it.

And we have this weird dichotomy in this country of people not seeming to take the threat seriously while simultaneously emptying supermarkets of all their wares.

It's surreal, but yes, over the next few weeks the shit is going to be propelling itself into the fan with ever increasing force.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
Paul Embery

@PaulEmbery
2h2 hours ago
More
I notice that a number of my colleagues on the Left are currently showering praise on a British-Indian Tory chancellor for standing by workers. I wonder if they are the same people who until very recently were claiming we had a ‘far-Right’ government.
"Events dear boy, events"...

Incidentally I doubt any of his "colleagues" recognise him as being on the left these days.
I don't understand the point he's making
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
frog222 wrote:[how does all th))is and that compare with Multiple DEATHS and DISRUPTION coming down the pike ? (( SEE ITALY, OK ? ))Give it a few more days, and you will know what I'm talking about tonight .
Hey Froggie, you're absolutely right.

This is a pandemic, infections are rising exponentially, christ knows how many more have been caused by Johnson prevaricating about taking away our long held freedom to go to the pub or however else the idiot phrased it.

And we have this weird dichotomy in this country of people not seeming to take the threat seriously while simultaneously emptying supermarkets of all their wares.

It's surreal, but yes, over the next few weeks the shit is going to be propelling itself into the fan with ever increasing force.
Good posts together. Thank you, D, for the heads' up reminder. The whole of the UK has confirmed cases of COVID-19. The numbers in a link I've posted earlier terrify me because each person is in every corner of the UK. Others are infected all over the UK.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Night night.
Good night, PorFavor.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good night, everyone.
love,
cJA
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ah bollocks, I've just realised I forgot to watch Roger's link.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I wonder if this will end up like a really long Christmas period where you forget what day it is.

In fact what day it is could become meaningless for months, only of importance to TV schedulers and calendar enthusiasts.

I wonder if we'll want to go back to the certainty of what day it is or if a vague sense of time passing will become the new norm.

You can see why so many are saying this will change our societies forever.

But I think we probably will go back to knowing what day it is, for example I've got some tomato seedlings going at the moment and without knowing quite how far this diseased globe has progressed in its orbit I don't know when to put them outside. So regressing back from even Neolithic timekeeping would probably be a mistake when it comes to agriculture. Or indeed very amatuer horticulture.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Ran into this before closing down
Staff at a Highland hotel have been sacked and made homeless amid the coronavirus outbreak. The owners of the Coylumbridge Hotel near Aviemore told workers who live at the hotel complex to leave the premises immediately. They were given a letter, dated 19 March, to say the hotel was "taking the latest government advice" and that staff employment had been terminated.

Brittania Hotels later apologised and blamed an administrative error.

The firm told the Liverpool Echo: "With regards to the current situation regarding staff at our Coylumbridge Hotel and being asked to vacate their staff accommodation.

"Unfortunately, the communication sent to these employees was an administrative error.

"All affected employees are being immediately contacted. We apologise for any upset caused."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-51972372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(cJA bold)
the whole article is worth reading
admin error my ass
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ok fuck it, it's getting late. Time for some tunes.

[youtube]RjWej8fOdR8[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Unfortunately, the communication sent to these employees was an administrative error.
Mmm hmm.

Britannia hotels are notoriously shitty, both for customers and staff. Basically they're cheap and nasty, my friend stayed in one last year while visiting me in Leeds because he got a cheap offer online, I think it was about £15 a night and he ended up with a raised rash all the way down the side of one arm and leg, the side he sleeps on. Took about a week at home before it subsided.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]X-fL68DbcQ0[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ok so it's just me now, just lonely old Sky all by himself, I'm not sure what to do to be honest, everything's discombobulated.

[youtube]vPDI5gIGEGI[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Enjoy your Saturday. And remember that it is a Saturday.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

A thought just occured to me, (this is why drinking and taking drugs is good on a vanishingly small number of occassions).

Anyway what was I saying?

Of course they're going to have to raise ESA along with UC because they told lots of self employed people to claim it if they get sick.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]lbq4G1TjKYg[/youtube]