Thursday 11th June 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 11th June 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 11th June 2020

Post by Willow904 »

From the G liveblog:
A&E attendances at hospitals in England were down 42% last month compared with a year ago, new figures show. A total of 1.3m attendances were recorded in May 2020, down from 2.2m in May 2019.

NHS England, which published the figures, said the fall was “likely to be a result of the Covid-19 response” - an indication that people have continued to stay away from A&E departments because of the coronavirus outbreak.
Shame we can't get more detail on this. I know there's concern that attendance at A&E has gone down because people are worried about Covid-19 but at least some of this drop in attendance will be due to people not having accidents because they're in lockdown. Fewer people out in cars means fewer car accidents, trampoline parks shut means fewer broken bones falling off trampolines and so on and it would be very interesting to know how much of the drop in attendance is due to genuine reduced demand rather than delay in seeking treatment.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I mistakenly put paprika in my oatmeal this morning instead of nutmeg.
My error wasn't caught until after it was cooked through.
I've eaten most of it.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Can't have been that bad then?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Can't have been that bad then?
I knew I'd likely made an ingredient error after the first taste. I usually add honey, light or dark muscovado and a tiny bit of maple syrup in my oatmeal. That helped. Paprika lingers on the palate. I'll be tasting the spice in my mouth all day, if not tomorrow too.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Once made some blackcurrant jam, but added a significant quantity of salt (rather than sugar) before realising the mistake. Remarkably, it was still edible :)
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

must have been lovely blackcurrents
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:From the G liveblog:
A&E attendances at hospitals in England were down 42% last month compared with a year ago, new figures show. A total of 1.3m attendances were recorded in May 2020, down from 2.2m in May 2019.

NHS England, which published the figures, said the fall was “likely to be a result of the Covid-19 response” - an indication that people have continued to stay away from A&E departments because of the coronavirus outbreak.
Shame we can't get more detail on this. I know there's concern that attendance at A&E has gone down because people are worried about Covid-19 but at least some of this drop in attendance will be due to people not having accidents because they're in lockdown. Fewer people out in cars means fewer car accidents, trampoline parks shut means fewer broken bones falling off trampolines and so on and it would be very interesting to know how much of the drop in attendance is due to genuine reduced demand rather than delay in seeking treatment.
Figure 8 A&E attendances by diagnosis category, 2018/19
https://public.flourish.studio/visualis ... 3813/embed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The King's Fund
Dislocations, fractures, amputations followed by gastrointestinal conditions seem to pop up a lot in the results from an internet search for most common A&E diagnoses.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

citizenJA wrote:must have been lovely blackcurrents
Nice typo there, reminds me of when we were kids and went to the beach where there were dangerous currents in the sea nearby.

Sister shouted out to me "don't go in there, the berries will get you!".
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Not a surprise.

Probation services to return to public control after Grayling disasters

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... -disasters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Ministry of Justice previously announced that all offender management, about 80% of all probation work, would be brought under the state-run NPS.

The remaining services, such as rehabilitation and the provision of unpaid work, will no longer be offered up for private tender, the justice secretary said, marking the complete return of probation services to the public sector.

About 2,000 workers at the private providers, known as community rehabilitation companies (CRCs), are to be brought over to HM Prison and Probation Service.
Excellent. More like this please.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Its almost a u-turn a day at the moment - is anybody counting them all?
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... efends-app" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(itma)
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Its almost a u-turn a day at the moment - is anybody counting them all?
Repeat, but GOOD ?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1269 ... 73729.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Early night for me, everyone.
Goodnight.
love,
cJA
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Wonderful stuff

[youtube]ZRc0by2vZ7k[/youtube]
I still believe in a town called Hope
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

adam wrote:Wonderful stuff

[youtube]ZRc0by2vZ7k[/youtube]
Adam Bienkov @AdamBienkov
·
Sources at LBC tell me Farage’s show was brought to an end amid widespread anger among BAME staff and others at the station about his comments comparing Black Lives Matters protesters to the Taliban.