Tuesday 14th July 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 14th July 2020

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

And on that note, it is as good a time as any for a PTO......
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Another 138 deaths recorded across UK, bringing toll to 44,968

The Department of Health and Social Care said 44,968 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 5pm on Sunday - up by 138 from 44,830 the previous day.

The figures do not include all deaths involving Covid-19 across the UK, which are thought to have passed 55,500.

The DHSC also said that in the 24-hour period up to 9am on Tuesday, there had been a further 398 lab-confirmed UK cases. Overall, a total of 291,373 cases have been confirmed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... 6b6a1e6fcd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

If shops aren't safe without a mask why is it now permitted to sit in a pub or restaurant without one?
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

We also have the prospect of schools going back in September without face masks or social distancing. Extreme caution for some, very little for others.

Some say any measures we take are worthwhile, but that's not much comfort to teachers & parents who are being asked to take more risks. Did I say asked? Forced on pain of sanctions. At least pubs & restaurants are supposed to have screens which may help.

It all seems very haphazard & token gestures though. No app, a barely functioning track & trace. If social distancing falls by the wayside too, masks will soon be all we have. So they better be effective, I guess.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Willow904 wrote:We also have the prospect of schools going back in September without face masks or social distancing. Extreme caution for some, very little for others.

Some say any measures we take are worthwhile, but that's not much comfort to teachers & parents who are being asked to take more risks. Did I say asked? Forced on pain of sanctions. At least pubs & restaurants are supposed to have screens which may help.

It all seems very haphazard & token gestures though. No app, a barely functioning track & trace. If social distancing falls by the wayside too, masks will soon be all we have. So they better be effective, I guess.
I don't like the persistently high number of new infections and fatalities.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Willow904 wrote:We also have the prospect of schools going back in September without face masks or social distancing. Extreme caution for some, very little for others.

I recommend anybody brought up and threatened with trouble about attendance in the Autumn just produces this from the Attorney General - if the government's chief law officer says it, it must be reasonable advice to follow.
Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 22.04.00.png
Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 22.04.00.png (250.19 KiB) Viewed 3155 times
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

[youtube]ekFFil1tYw8[/youtube]
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

[youtube]i66Mbln4xU0[/youtube]
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

[youtube]ZjEh0lY17go[/youtube]
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

adam wrote:
I recommend anybody brought up and threatened with trouble about attendance in the Autumn just produces this from the Attorney General - if the government's chief law officer says it, it must be reasonable advice to follow.
Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 22.04.00.png
Ha! Very good.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Instagram link rather than YouTube postable video - Grace Petrie covering Dire Straits' 'Romeo and Juliet'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA