Thursday 24th September 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 24th September 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 24th September 2020

Post by frog222 »

Morning! 10°, chimney swept, porridge and coffee on the stove ...

SIKORA-- I've heard the name before around here ?
What of the other co-authors?

As an oncologist, Professor Karol Sikora lacks field-specific expertise in understanding COVID-19. This might be alleviated if he had published some relevant original research in the scientific literature. Unfortunately, he hasn’t.

But he does have an illustrious record of lobbying on behalf of the Conservative Party. For instance, he founded the Doctors for Reform group – a free-market pressure group which was accused in 2004 of being “supported by the Conservative Party”, according to the British Medical Journal.

In 2009, he was paid to appear in US adverts for the Republican Party created by a lobby group, Conservatives for Patient Rights, which attacked the NHS and President Barack Obama’s healthcare reforms. That year, he was caught out lying to Parliament’s Health Select Committee by claiming, falsely, that he was a professor at Imperial College for 22 years.

In 2014, he called for elderly cancer patients to be denied expensive drugs in favour of younger patients. Two years later, he turned up on the editorial board for an anti-NHS report commissioned by Conservative MP and former Environment Minister Owen Paterson, authored by Kristian Niemietz of the right-wing libertarian Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA), part of the Tufton Street network of lobbyists receiving vast amounts of ‘dark money’ from US special interests linked to Trump. He also conveniently failed to declare his personal conflicts of interests in the privatisation of cancer care in relation to this report.

He went on by taking to BBC News to describe the NHS as “the last bastion of communism”. Naturally, he saw no need to mention any of this in his letter to the Government.

‘Herd Immunity’ Model Promoted by MOD’s Go-To PR Agency
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/09/23/scam ... in-the-uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Years ago Toady and WATO began respectfully introducing the Heritage Foundation as though it was a genuine charity-status research institution .....see IEA, Policy Exchange and many more .

( My favourite RW pseud , on geostrategy, is 'Dr' Sebastian Gorka, formerly a squaddy in the territorial SAS...)
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Sad to that that Harry Evans has died - one of the journalistic greats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54275941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Regretted not doing more to oppose Murdoch's takeover of the Times group, he certainly wasn't alone there.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good morning, everyone.
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

If true, disgraceful. Nobody should have anything to do with that bunch of shitehawks.

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... shame.html
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Peter Fiennes
@pfiennes
I'm really excited about this. If you grew up in Kent you'll know that NOTHING EVER HAPPENS - and yet here we are. Smugglers tunnelling under Paddock Wood. Frant walled up. Speedboats off Ramsgate. High speed lorry chases along the A21. A short winnable war with Surrey.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Oh, and good morning citizen!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Whatever you think of last night's goings on, one thing stands out - Nadia Whittome is (agree with her on this or not) is an outstandingly talented politician.

I expect she will, despite this, be on the actual front bench before too long - and is going to be a star.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
Investigation launched after black barrister mistaken for defendant three times in a day

England and Wales courts head apologises after Alexandra Wilson describes having to ‘constantly justify existence’ (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/se ... s-in-a-day
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

GetYou wrote:If true, disgraceful. Nobody should have anything to do with that bunch of shitehawks.

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... shame.html
Completely agree.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carole Cadwalladr
@carolecadwalla
Blimey. Cambridge Analytica’s Alexander Nix disqualified from being a company director for 7 years because of ‘shady’ & ‘unethical’ business activities..
Shocked etc.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.
Investigation launched after black barrister mistaken for defendant three times in a day

England and Wales courts head apologises after Alexandra Wilson describes having to ‘constantly justify existence’ (Guardian)
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/se ... s-in-a-day
I saw her twitter thread yesterday.
We like to think we live in the 21C but sometimes you have to wonder.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

The more things change, the more they stay the same?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:The more things change, the more they stay the same?
regression
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Rishi's "handouts" today are pretty small beer given what is likely to happen in the near future.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Rishi's "handouts" today are pretty small beer given what is likely to happen in the near future.
Government contribution for employee is 1/3 & caped at less than £700 per month, employer matching that 1/3 making a total of less than £1400 per month? Is that about right? The cockamamie convolutions of the scheme bewildered me.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Public Health England
@PHE_uk
The COVID-19 dashboard is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
We can confirm that: 6,634 new positive cases have been recorded on Thursday 24 September, giving a total of 416,363.
40 new deaths have been reported across the UK, giving a total of 41,902.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(cJA bold)
this is hard, I'm not happy
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I had a visit from Sky'sGoneOut which went by all too quickly. I had a great time. We went out and about and I saw local places that I really should have seen long ago. I can only hope that he enjoyed his stay here as much as I enjoyed having him here. I'm usually not too good at being around people for any length of time. You would be forgiven for describing me as the hostess with the leastess. But with him it was so easy and such a great pleasure. I know Constance would concur.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Did we see this?

Seaborne Freight, which was offered millions by Chris Grayling at Department for Transport despite having no ships, has gone into liquidation

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/new ... st-234282/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The ferry firm infamously offered millions from central government to dock in Ramsgate despite having no ships has gone bust.

Seaborne Freight has entered voluntary liquidation while still owing £2 million to tax collectors and in loans, according to the Companies House government website.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:I had a visit from Sky'sGoneOut which went by all too quickly. I had a great time. We went out and about and I saw local places that I really should have seen long ago. I can only hope that he enjoyed his stay here as much as I enjoyed having him here. I'm usually not too good at being around people for any length of time. You would be forgiven for describing me as the hostess with the leastess. But with him it was so easy and such a great pleasure. I know Constance would concur.
:rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Did we see this?

Seaborne Freight, which was offered millions by Chris Grayling at Department for Transport despite having no ships, has gone into liquidation

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/new ... st-234282/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The ferry firm infamously offered millions from central government to dock in Ramsgate despite having no ships has gone bust.

Seaborne Freight has entered voluntary liquidation while still owing £2 million to tax collectors and in loans, according to the Companies House government website.
computer stop end program
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

PorFavor wrote:I had a visit from Sky'sGoneOut which went by all too quickly. I had a great time. We went out and about and I saw local places that I really should have seen long ago. I can only hope that he enjoyed his stay here as much as I enjoyed having him here. I'm usually not too good at being around people for any length of time. You would be forgiven for describing me as the hostess with the leastess. But with him it was so easy and such a great pleasure. I know Constance would concur.
I am genuinely happy you both had a good time. More cheering stories like this please :)
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

I'm going to delete this in a moment I'm afraid but the real reason I can talk about taking a year's sabbatical is that I've just won a shitload of money on the lottery. Not a 'buy an island and never work again' shitload but a shitload none the less.
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

[youtube]L5QwVgnbApA[/youtube]

Dare I say I feel a bit psycho...
Dare I say it feels very nice though...
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@adam

Congratulations! I hope it helps alleviate the problems your situation has landed upon you.. Came at a really useful time for you.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

I am clearly lacking in Hindle-esque qualities of posting and deleting without everything appearing as nonsense.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Brilliant!
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I love you all.
Goodnight.
cJA
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@citizenJA

Night night.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Apparently Ben Wallace accused Labour of waging illegal wars. the mess from which his party were having to clear up.

No 10 said that his was a 'personal view' and didn't represent the view of the government.

The only problem with that is that he was speaking from the despatch box at the time as Defence Secretary...
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Apparently Ben Wallace accused Labour of waging illegal wars. the mess from which his party were having to clear up.

No 10 said that his was a 'personal view' and didn't represent the view of the government.

The only problem with that is that he was speaking from the despatch box at the time as Defence Secretary...
I think Clegg did the same at one point during the coalition years.