Friday 2nd October 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 2nd October 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 2nd October 2020

Post by Willow904 »

Morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54381848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coronavirus: Donald Trump and Melania test positive
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Johnson's timeline, from announcing the diagnosis to being discharged from hospital, was about two and a half weeks, but he was reporting symptoms at the time he was diagnosed so he might well have been a week or so down the line from actually being infected. It was two more weeks after that before he returned to work. That kind of timeline takes us very very close to the election. (edit - actually it takes us past the election - four weeks next Tuesday).

Example A - Trump quarantines for a fortnight without becoming symptomatic at all and then gets back on the horse. Entirely possible - probably the most likely outcome.
Example B - Trump gets very ill. He does a deal that he will stand down allowing Pence to succeed on the basis that Ivanka becomes Pence's VP. Ridiculous, absurd, but not impossible given what's been written about his VP search four years ago. That happening, Pence becoming incapacitated and Ivanka become the first woman president would be a fine full stop to these times.
I still believe in a town called Hope
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good morning, everyone.

:rock:
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.
John Bull
@garius
·
23m
Replying to
@garius
and
@GarethDennis
"And the doctors... you know what they said to me? The said you have the WORST Corona. The worst Corona. And they said to me: 'we don't know how you're beating this'. They actually said that. These experts. They said that. They said they had never seen someone with worse Corona."
:D
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Morning all.
John Bull
@garius
·
23m
Replying to
@garius
and
@GarethDennis
"And the doctors... you know what they said to me? The said you have the WORST Corona. The worst Corona. And they said to me: 'we don't know how you're beating this'. They actually said that. These experts. They said that. They said they had never seen someone with worse Corona."
:D
perfect
That's him to a T.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I picked up this story last night but couldn't find it on the G website this morning? As an aside, I hate the headline, makes it sound like nurses are at fault which is definitely not the case.

Nurses barred from NHS 111 Covid clinical division after 60% of calls unsafe

The most shocking part is this, NHS passing the buck.
NHS England declined to answer questions about any aspect of these apparent safety failings, saying it was the responsibility of the South Central ambulance service (SCAS), which set up a section of NHS 111 called the Covid-19 Clinical Assessment Service (CCAS).
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Willow904 wrote:Morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54381848" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This absurd year got just a touch more so.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
Willow904 wrote:Morning:

This absurd year got just a touch more so.
I wish it were fiction. I'd throw it aside and find a better book.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Trump got infected so he could dodge the remaining debates, didn't he?
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

Whilst part of me thinks this is a ploy to get out of the debates, realistically, he's probably the likeliest person on the planet to catch it given his attitude to it.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Forgive me if this has been brought up elsewhere but is there any chance SNP MP Margaret Ferrier wasn't okay in herself when she did that travelling and wrote her statement regarding feeling unwell, getting CV19 tested, finding out she was positive and journeying on public transport? Was she in a feverish delirium or some other physiological state? I'm not trying to make excuses for her. I don't know her at all and haven't looked anything up about her work. That statement and her actions bewilder me.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

GetYou wrote:Whilst part of me thinks this is a ploy to get out of the debates, realistically, he's probably the likeliest person on the planet to catch it given his attitude to it.
Trump probably won't be re-elected, he's broke, in debt and he could very likely be successfully prosecuted for crimes he's committed and get sent to prison. Catching CV19 is a novelty for him, there's that. Anyone know how he's feeling? Is he hospitalised? I don't feel like looking it up at the moment. If you don't know, never mind. I'll find out some other time.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

GetYou wrote:Whilst part of me thinks this is a ploy to get out of the debates
I was joking, but yeah ;)
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

I can't help feeling a little sorry for Melancholia, forcibly holed up as she is with Donald Trump.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

I can't help feeling a little sorry for Melancholia, forcibly holed up as she is with Donald Trump.
Same here
I'm thinking about their son.
I hope he's okay.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

The R number in the UK is estimated to be between 1.3 and 1.6, which means that on average every 10 people infected will infect between 13 and 16 other people.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... 5d569e30e4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(cJA bold)
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The r number might not be very important, I thought this was interesting.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/616548/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

PorFavor wrote:Good morfternoon.

Nah.

Apparently there was a small audience for the debate the other night, including the families, supposed to be wearing masks.
Trump family refused to wear them, although they already knew Hope Hicks had tested positive.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

If you still feel sorry for Melania, try this

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock:
GetYou
Minister of State

Post by GetYou »

citizenJA wrote:Anyone know how he's feeling? Is he hospitalised? I don't feel like looking it up at the moment. If you don't know, never mind. I'll find out some other time.
Apparently he's isolating with cold-like symptoms.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:The r number might not be very important, I thought this was interesting.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ic/616548/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes!
“prolonged contact, poor ventilation, [a] highly infectious person, [and] crowding” as the key elements for a super-spreader event. Super-spreading can also occur indoors beyond the six-feet guideline, because SARS-CoV-2, the pathogen causing COVID-19, can travel through the air and accumulate, especially if ventilation is poor.

many people, especially in a poorly ventilated indoor setting, and especially not wearing masks.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:The r number might not be very important, I thought this was interesting.

Essential reading
:rock:
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Charlie Cooper
@CharlieCooper8
Conservative members who think Boris Johnson is dealing with COVID-19 well according to
@ConHome
monthly polling since March:

March 92%
April: 84%
May: 72%
June 64%
July 59%
August: 48%

Today: 28%
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Trump going to hospital "for tests" reportedly.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Waiting for the media to go after the Tories, following the report into rampant Islamophobia in the party, following Hop Not Hate's report.

*tumble weeds*

Also for John Mann to comment on all the anti-Semitism.

*more tumble weeds*
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Goodnight, everyone.
love,
cJA