Wednesday 4th November 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 3rd November 2020

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Biden wins Michigan.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

NBC is "confidently" calling Michigan for Joe Biden.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@Sky'sGoneOut

After you . . .
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And CNN and MSNBC, no word from Fox yet.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Thanks for the PTO tip. I had indeed failed to notice the need.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

[youtube]Z3jU6vlCobo[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ha ha ha Eric Trump is going apeshit with a load of conspiracy nonsense and now Giuliani claims they're going to stop the count in Pennsylvania with a legal challenge over what the word 'observe' means amongst other deranged bollocks.

This is hilarious.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

And Minnesota.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Nobody's mentioned Minnesota since I posted, so maybe I was hallucinating.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Arizona - 365 (nate silver - ABC) are saying that they think Arizona shouldn't have been called as early as it was BUT that they remain confident Biden is going to win it. In fact from what's left they say...

Wisconsin - projected for Biden
Michigan - projected for Biden
Nevada- not yet projected, but despite the close figures at the moment very likely Biden
Arizona - shouldn't have been projected when it was but looking at the state, the figures and what's left, very likely Biden
Pennslyvania - Biden is consistently doing well enough, as individual counties declare ,to win the state - likely Biden
Georgia - getting closer, would like to say 'toss up' but if forced to chose would say likely Biden because what's left is very very blue
North Carolina - similar to Georgia but likely Trump.

Nevada and Arizona would do it, on top of Wisconsin and Michigan, and the only people seriously saying Trump will win Arizona are Trump's campaign team.Even Fox are saying they're right to call Arizona. And apparently Fox interrupted a broadcast call with Team Trump to call Michigan for Biden.

Trump has now started announcing that he is claiming Michigan and Pennsylvania 'for electoral college purposes' along with NC and Georgia.
I still believe in a town called Hope
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

PorFavor wrote:Nobody's mentioned Minnesota since I posted, so maybe I was hallucinating.
It was called last night :) It's is the state that has stayed Democrat for the longest in Presidential elections - last lost in 1972. It's the only state Reagan didn't win in 1984 (by 3000 votes) It was Mondale's home state. He won DC as well.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Thanks. I thought it was a bit odd. I must have half-heard a replay as I was faffing about doing something else.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The Senate's going to be a problem even if all else goes well. But Donald Trump's departure would be very welcome.

On a parochial level, the Conservatives, in Brexit mode, will have problems. I hope.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

To be fair, Obama had the white house, the house and a super majority in the Senate in his first two years and there's a lot he didn't get done. Biden is likely to be stumped for doing anything about the Court for the time being. The republicans run the risk of being seen as nay-saying disrupters in the midterms if all they do in the senate is block the democrats or put things forward that are bound to be voted down or ignored. 22 of the 34 seats up in '22 are Republicans so in theory it's a good year for the Democrats to make gains.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

adam wrote:And apparently Fox interrupted a broadcast call with Team Trump to call Michigan for Biden.
I was watching while they did it.

I've since had to turn Fox off, I have little enough remaining IQ to spare without having it further eroded by watching screaming idiots telling us how much Americans still love Trump while making sneering remarks about leftist looters as a mob of Trump supporters tries to intimidate election officials in Detroit.

Some of their coverage is relatively sane and informative when seeking another perspective but in an instant it turns into seriously unpleasant invective and ceases to resemble anything close to being called 'news'. It's genuinely disturbing.
adam
First Secretary of State

Post by adam »

Of course if we could give Trump what he wants and stop counting now, then Biden wins Arizona, Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin, reaches 270 college votes and wins the election. Trump can have the rest and reach 268 and lose.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@Sky'sGoneOut

Yes. I felt uncomfortable with a lot of it. In short, I didn't like their tone. To coin a phrase.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Newsnight had some Republican woman on who seemed to be either mentally subnormal or insane, even Emily Maitlis couldn't seem to follow what the fuck she was going on about.

https://twitter.com/search?q=newsnight& ... r%5Esearch
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Is she saying "extreme riots"?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Randi Reed apparently.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23RandiRe ... yped_query" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She didn't seem to understand how voting, or indeed counting works, and seemed to believe Covid 19 was a hoax or something, it was hard to tell. If anyone wants a good laugh, or just to be a bit confused, watch her on Newsnight when it appears on the Iplayer. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor wrote:Is she saying "extreme riots"?
That was the part of the interview where she was at her most cogent. Earlier she seemed to be claiming that because Trump was getting most of the early votes a decision was taken by some all powerful nefarious Democrat to pause all the voting to take away the momentum of Trump's surge which explained why so many later votes were going to Biden. Or something like that. It didn't make even the tiniest smidgen of sense and Maitliss seemed completely nonplussed.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Enjoy Randi Reed in all her insane, batshit crazy glory at 14.30.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... t-04112020
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

A recount has been granted in Detroit.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
Sky'sGoneOut