Friday 20th November 2020

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Friday 20th November 2020

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Re: Friday 20th November 2020

Post by gilsey »

Good morning.

Here we go again.

New UK spending row as Rishi Sunak puts squeeze on public sector salaries
The basis for a three-year pay freeze on public sector pay that could be considered by Sunak is outlined in a report published by the Centre for Policy Studies, a rightwing thinktank, in a report on Friday.

Making the case for public sector pay restraint, the CPS said as much as £23bn could be saved through a three-year freeze on workers’ pay.
Four union leaders are quoted in that article.
I wish they would get together and agree the same line, that the economy will never recover as long as pay is depressed.
It's like Keynes never existed, never mind MMT.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Almost regardless of party, the "Treasury View" always remains.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all.

Gosh.

Paul Brand
@PaulBrandITV
BREAKING: Sir Alex Allan, PM's advisor on standards who wrote the report concluding Priti Patel had shown bullying behaviour, has resigned.
11:39 AM · Nov 20, 2020·Twitter Web App
Don't blame him really. And it shows that some people have integrity even if it is missing entirely from this Government.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Yes, just seen that in the BBC rolling headlines.

The presenter, meanwhile, is trying to get Thomas-Symonds to say that it's ok for Patel to stay. I mean, we might be disappointed in some aspects of Starmer's opposition but they're not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Almost regardless of party, the "Treasury View" always remains.
Which is exactly why opposition should be on general economic grounds, not tied to specific interest groups.
Who are all deserving in their own way, of course, but tories don't care.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:Yes, just seen that in the BBC rolling headlines.

The presenter, meanwhile, is trying to get Thomas-Symonds to say that it's ok for Patel to stay. I mean, we might be disappointed in some aspects of Starmer's opposition but they're not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
I await condemnation of this instance of "BBC bias" from the usual suspects......
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Harry Cole
@MrHarryCole
·
1h
EXC: PM whatsapp order to Tory MPs: “Time to form a square around the prittster”

https://thesun.co.uk/news/politics/1324 ... ing-probe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The what?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oops.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent spot...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

These are good...

Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

So it seems we live in a country that elects for its leader someone who deems bullying employees acceptable.

It's just all too depressing.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I suspect the statement in the report that her behaviour had improved recently is going to be the get out clause used by many of her backers.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I suspect that the overlap between 'people who vote tory' and 'people who deem bullying acceptable' could be quite large.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:I suspect the statement in the report that her behaviour had improved recently is going to be the get out clause used by many of her backers.
Johnson could have used that as a get out clause, the fact that he didn't is why Allan has resigned.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The Ministerial Code incorporates the 7 principles of public life and any minister involved in the PPE procurement scandal would be in breach of all of them, so insisting that a minister guilty of breaching the code must resign would leave the cabinet empty if/when the shit eventually hits the fan.
The Seven Principles of Public Life
Selflessness
Holders of public office should act solely in terms of the public interest.
Integrity
Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence their work.
They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends. They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.
Objectivity
Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias.
Accountability
Holders of public office are accountable for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to whatever scrutiny necessary to ensure this.
Openness
Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for doing so.
Honesty
Holders of public office should be truthful.
Leadership
Holders of public office should exhibit these principles in their own behaviour. They should actively promote and robustly support the principles and be willing to challenge poor behaviour wherever it occurs.
FTAOD, I'm not expecting that to happen before hell freezes over.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote:I suspect that the overlap between 'people who vote tory' and 'people who deem bullying acceptable' could be quite large.
Even more basic than that, I sadly suspect - people generally are much more likely to excuse bullying (and indeed other misconduct) if it comes from their "own" side.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Thread.

Edward Norton
@EdwardNorton
Replying to
@EdwardNorton
I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Yes, I suspect the pointless last minute changes of personnel may be about a cover up, as is refusing to concede, allowing more time to cover tracks. And all the election lawsuits are surely more about funding than a genuine attempt to bring a case, with some of the money raised being earmarked for covering Trump's debts.
A disgraceful circus, in other words.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

hello
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I'm having an early night, everyone.
I love you.
cJA
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I don't know what everyone's moaning about, for those of us who actually are thick, foul mouthed, vindictive little shits this is a great day.

We can now go about our business being dicks to everyone and as long as we don't understand the offence we're causing, or simply choose to ignore it, we have the blessing of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

In fact it should be made a public holiday from now on. 'Be a Complete Dick day', where traditon demands you wear a Priti Patel mask and attempt to ruin your colleagues' careers, bully people who can't answer back, scream and swear at your neighbours, generally behave like an utterly reprehensible human being, then at the stroke of midnight make a mealy mouthed non apology before a giant effigy of Boris Johnson and all is forgiven. We could even dress people we didn't like up as civil servants and shower them with abuse and rotten fruit as we parade them through the streets.

What a joy it is to live in a country where being an absolute prick to everyone around you is now state sanctioned.

That's progress for you.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Am starting to resent having be brought up to be (at least somewhat) aware of other people - moderately decent even. Gets you nowhere these days.
LOSER!
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Also just to add I heard Allegra Stratton today defending Johnson saying he 'deplored bullying' or some such shite, when just last weekend we were told a sob story about how Cummings, Cain and their allies had bullied and lobbied against her and how awful it was and that it had reduced her to tears. So it would appear bullying is only bad if it affects Allegra herself.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote:Am starting to resent having be brought up to be (at least somewhat) aware of other people - moderately decent even. Gets you nowhere these days. LOSER!
Now you've got me wondering what a swearing Clanger would sound like.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I'm thinking a shrill whistle like the police used to have.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Firefighters will join a specially trained army of 40,000 extra workers recruited to roll out Pfizer jabs at record speed — with up to one million a day forecast. (Sun - my emphasis)
Now what would be a good idea is to have a public sector pay freeze so that we can show our gratitude.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

It's funny, the Tories like to take the side of victims when it comes to law and order but as soon as they're the perpetrators their tune completely changes.

Newsnight had some wannabe fascist on called Kieran Mullan who said the government was well within its rights to trample over codes and laws because they'd been voted in 'by the people'. I'd previously been unaware of this constitutional iconoclast and abject simpleton but apparently he's a Tory MP who had previously been a junior doctor.

They also had a clip of Andrew Bridgen saying something but I got sidetracked wondering what botox would do to his sagging face.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Anyway I'm not usually impressed by adverts but...

[youtube]TNL9UoNnaSg[/youtube]
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Priti Patel was warned to treat staff with respect, says former official

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55015493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir Philip Rutnam quit as permanent secretary at the Home Office in February, after complaining about Ms Patel's conduct, and is currently suing the government for unfair dismissal.

He said he was never asked to contribute to the bullying inquiry despite resigning over the matter.
Isn't that a little bit odd?
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor wrote:Now what would be a good idea is to have a public sector pay freeze so that we can show our gratitude.
What you've got to understand though is these public servants are paid a zillionty point five times percent more than if they were in an equivalent private sector job and they all have magic pensions that open portals to heaven before they've even died.

Just take teachers for example, it doesn't matter that they're working in an enviroment where all risk assessment has been shredded and burned so they're having to go to work and risk catching a virus that's harmless to most of their pupils but not to them or their families. What matters is that in the private sector they'd be getting paid...wait a minute, let me just check this...this can't be true, it seems in the private sector they'd be paid a lot more.

How odd.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Isn't that a little bit odd?
He'd already left, I would imagine there are rules about who can give evidence.

Rules for us of course.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]uQ8bXKtMO6I[/youtube]
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

[youtube]4utQWy9heEI[/youtube]
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

[youtube]509Hcz6QKbw[/youtube]
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Dang woman, not all of us can be that awesome.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Night night.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

[youtube]49FB9hhoO6c[/youtube]