Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th March 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th March 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th March 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Had my first vaccine around 10AM, no ill effects so far :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

:clap:
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Had my first vaccine around 10AM, no ill effects so far :)
Yay :clap:

I am too young and (somehow) too healthy to qualify for one yet.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Already some high profile defections to Salmond's new party, including one sitting SNP MP.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Had my first vaccine around 10AM, no ill effects so far :)
Which vaccine did you get?

And more importantly do you get a biscuit?
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Post by PaulfromYorkshire »

I had my first shot on Tuesday. AZ since you ask.

Took the advice of the staff there and colleagues and took preventative paracetamol. Was a bit out of sorts on Wed and a slight sore arm Thursday but otherwise all good.

I had a choice of venues and decided to be sensible and go to Huddersfield Stadium rather than the more distant, though obviously more attractive, Elland Road.

Apologies HindleA please forgive....
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Oh and no biscuit.

But I did get told off for taking a selfie by the pitch on the way out, which I still haven’t quite understood.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
Which vaccine did you get?

It was AZ.

No biscuit.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Your lack of biscuit disturbs me.

This however is better news.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 23354.html
There is currently no evidence that drinking alcohol interferes with the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccines.
I'm certainly going to need a drink tomorrow after having to go to Burmantofts.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Already some high profile defections to Salmond's new party, including one sitting SNP MP.
I must say I was disappointed to read Blackford's sneering response to him jumping ship. Kenny MacAskill has been a stalwart of the left of the SNP for decades and his release of Megrahi on compassionate grounds when he was Justice Secretary was a brave (and in my view correct) decision. I can only assume Blackford's 'increasing embarrassment' comment related to MacAskill's alleged breaking of lockdown travel restrictions (for which he claimed to have a medical reason) or maybe he was just being an arsehole. One thing to bear in mind is Ian Blackford really does not like Alex Salmond, so maybe that helped spur his uncharitable response.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good evening.

This, about the Batley Grammar fuss, is rather good.

https://twitter.com/jonpayates/status/1 ... 1520148483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

Thanks.

I just keep thinking “the teacher did what?”

I can’t get past the utter absurdity of doing this.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Interesting discussions under this tweet from Wren-Lewis.

simon wren-lewis
@sjwrenlewis
This is the tightrope that Labour has to tread. Defend protesters against the police and he loses votes he cannot afford to lose. https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... ating.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; But do the opposite and he alienates much of his base.
https://twitter.com/sjwrenlewis/status/ ... 7279132672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's still responding this morning.

https://twitter.com/sjwrenlewis/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

I really do get what Wren-Lewis is saying, but I do also feel there is a more principled stand Starmer (of all people) could take here that would not immediately alienate voters in “the centre”.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Yes.

If we've learnt anything from Trump/Biden after Trump/Clinton, it should be that if one party supports democracy, human rights and the rule of law and the other doesn't, at a general election you shouldn't ask for more.

Therefore, looking shaky on human rights isn't helpful.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Fat McPadden has been briefing the right wing press again, I see :roll:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Me too
:rock:
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Good afternoon, everyone.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

gilsey wrote:Interesting discussions under this tweet from Wren-Lewis.
simon wren-lewis
@sjwrenlewis
This is the tightrope that Labour has to tread. Defend protesters against the police and he loses votes he cannot afford to lose. https://mainlymacro.blogspot.com/2021/0 ... ating.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; But do the opposite and he alienates much of his base.
https://twitter.com/sjwrenlewis/status/ ... 7279132672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's still responding this morning.

https://twitter.com/sjwrenlewis/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for posting this. It's an important discussion, his thread.
I've not been looking at news or twitter for awhile but I must check in periodically. It's not an easy time.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Good evening.

This, about the Batley Grammar fuss, is rather good.

https://twitter.com/jonpayates/status/1 ... 1520148483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes it articulates well something I have always struggled to put into words but revolves around the absolute weariness with which I used to argue with a colleague at the bookshop I worked at about putting the Koran on the top shelf. He kept moving it - "we're in Britain, not a Muslim country, we don't need to kowtow to other's religion blah, blah, blah" - and I'd keep putting it back on the top shelf, because sometimes we were asked to by Muslim customers who didn't like to see other books being placed above it. And why wouldn't I? It makes no difference to me where it goes, but it does to them, so why not?

I've never understood why not.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Feeling a bit under the weather today, apparently not uncommon just after you have the jab.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Gotta love being injected with a modified chimp virus by a lovely young doctor on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Feeling a bit under the weather today, apparently not uncommon just after you have the jab.
Sorry to hear that AK. I asked the doctor about having some wine later and she warned me she'd had a few drinks after her vaccination and had felt like crap the next day with a mix of hangover/flu like symptoms, so yeah it's pretty common. Hope you feel better soon.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Don't worry, as I said its only "a bit". Sure it will be fine soon :)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU in 2016, told Global247News: “Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23540.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brit living in Spain who voted for Brexit put out that he is now getting kicked out of Spain.
Given the diversity of uncharitable thoughts which spring to mind, I wonder if I am yet "sufficiently adapted" to the modern mindset.
PaulfromYorkshire
Site Admin

@willow

Exactly. We have enough actual conflict in the world without provoking more.

Regardless of whether it should be ok to share a cartoon of the Prophet in context in class, why would you actually do that?
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

tinyclanger2 wrote:
Shaun Cromber, who voted for Britain to leave the EU in 2016, told Global247News: “Yes I voted out, but I didn’t realise it would come to this, my application has been rejected and we are on our way home – the wife is in tears, she’s distraught if I’m honest and I’m not too happy at the prospect of returning back to the UK.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 23540.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brit living in Spain who voted for Brexit put out that he is now getting kicked out of Spain.
Given the diversity of uncharitable thoughts which spring to mind, I wonder if I am yet "sufficiently adapted" to the modern mindset.
Hold on while I break out the world's smallest violin.

However...
John Dunford
@_olivewood
Negative stuff flying around about Brits having to leave Spain etc. I don't like commenting as it angers me but I just want to say, Spain have made the transition for those of us who are legally resident to be a really easy process for which we are truly grateful.
#home
9:37 PM · Mar 27, 2021
https://twitter.com/_olivewood/status/1 ... 9401887753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

@tinyclanger2

From the article you linked to -
“I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after 5 years can’t believe it has come to this, we applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain”
I'm sure the Spanish government will eventually realise that they need people that thick more than the thick people need them. Europeans, eh? They're renowned for being a bit slow on the uptake. I wonder if he's tried speaking to them very slowly and very loudly? That usually works, I gather.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Meanwhile, it's all going swimmingly in Scotland :shock:
David Paisley
@DavidPaisley
Alba celebrating the arrival of candidates accused of transphobia and antisemitism while accidentally publishing the names of all their website sign ups, and blaming it on "#BlackArts", all in the first week. This is going well...

1:04 PM · Mar 28, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/DavidPaisley/status ... 48993?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

With Scotland playing Israel in a world cup qualifier later I suspect most of the country will find themselves facing accusations of antisemitism for not wanting Israel to win.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:
Quite.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PorFavor wrote:@tinyclanger2

From the article you linked to -
“I’ve loved living on the Costa del Sol and after 5 years can’t believe it has come to this, we applied but got rejected and so have no choice, although long term I think the Spanish will regret chucking us out of Spain”
I'm sure the Spanish government will eventually realise that they need people that thick more than the thick people need them. Europeans, eh? They're renowned for being a bit slow on the uptake. I wonder if he's tried speaking to them very slowly and very loudly? That usually works, I gather.
(from when Eddie Izzard was still somewhat entertaining)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Rather more disturbing than the lack of biscuits is the fact that I didn't feel anything at all while being injected with the vaccine and there's no sign of any redness or pain in my arm. This leads me to believe there's a vast conspiracy going on involving the Conservative government and the NHS where some of us are getting fake vaccinations to inflate the figures. I expect the needle went back up into the syringe like a stage prop knife.

Hypnotic suggestion using psychic 5G frequencies was obviously employed causing me to look away during the injection making the fraud possible, because it definitely couldn't have had anything to do with me being a massive wuss.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:Rather more disturbing than the lack of biscuits is the fact that I didn't feel anything at all while being injected with the vaccine and there's no sign of any redness or pain in my arm. This leads me to believe there's a vast conspiracy going on involving the Conservative government and the NHS where some of us are getting fake vaccinations to inflate the figures. I expect the needle went back up into the syringe like a stage prop knife.

Hypnotic suggestion using psychic 5G frequencies was obviously employed causing me to look away during the injection making the fraud possible, because it definitely couldn't have had anything to do with me being a massive wuss.
Something more disturbing than a lack of biscuits sounds like something very much to avoid.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

The funny thing is I don't even like biscuits. I don't have a sweet tooth at all.

Even as a kid the only ones I liked were fig rolls and garibaldis. Maybe the occasional fruit club, but only at weekends.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I'm watching the news on TV and was unfortunate enough to catch the sports bit where the football match Albania v England was covered. Anyway, I was reminded of this joyful tune -

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

This great.

https://twitter.com/DanRodimer/status/1 ... 7852353537
Are you sick of the BULL coming out of DC? Texas has BIG Problems - we need to send a BIG FIGHTER to Congress to solve them.

Send BIG DAN to Congress to put an END to Nancy Pelosi’s BULL!
A: He's from New Jersey and went to an exclusive prep school and expensive law college. Last time he ran for
Congress in Nevada his image was of a softly spoken family man. He lost, and presumably someone told him being a fake comedy Texan was a more suitable use of his unique 'talents'.

B: He's quite clearly not riding that bull. When it cuts to whoever is riding the bull you never see the person's head, it's a different bull, that person is left handed, they're wearing different clothes, and they have a moustache.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Liverpool charity for vulnerable women left with 'catastrophic' mess in property deal

Blackburne House’s former chief executive says she ‘could have wept’ over soil pipes and uneven floor

For almost 40 years, Blackburne House has given a lifeline to thousands of Liverpool’s most vulnerable women. But its former chief executive has described how the charity fell victim to a “catastrophic” property deal that is embroiled in corruption allegations engulfing Liverpool city council.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... perty-deal
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

refitman wrote:Meanwhile, it's all going swimmingly in Scotland :shock:
After following your link and briefly glancing over the edge of the rancid pit of Scottish gender politics it really does beggar belief that some women seem more than happy to give their support to a self confessed sex pest who admitted to inappropriate behaviour because he claims he'll protect their rights.

He's more likely to protect their boobs...with his hands.

It's little wonder Salmond used to love Trump so much.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

That really is tragic PF.

I wonder if this 'developer' had anything to do with a certain Mr Hatton. As far as I recall that was his professed line of work.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Sky'sGoneOut wrote:That really is tragic PF.

I wonder if this 'developer' had anything to do with a certain Mr Hatton. As far as I recall that was his professed line of work.
Liverpool seems to be very vulnerable to being done over by its elected leaders and their associates. Odd how (comparatively) recent history is repeating itself. I don't for one minute think that Derek Hatton was naive but was the most recent lot (in the most generous and elastic usage of the word "naive")? Not that that would make them any less culpable, just more stupid.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ah no it was a certain Mr Lawless, another property developer whose only ties to a certain Mr Hatton were being arrested at the same time and accused of the same crimes.

For the record he claims he's innocent of the shoddy work at Blackburne House and says it was all the council's fault.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... t-20261840
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The flawless Mr Lawless. And the soon to become floorless Blackburne House.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Now that the Census-taking is over, I'll berate ONS (or whoever was in charge of their TV campaign) for not using this, the proper, version -

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I really like this, it makes the reek of boiled cabbage, bad cigarettes and desperation seem sexy.

One listen to that and I'd definitely have kept bumping into my friend Ivan while out for totally innocent strolls where I kept leaving microfilm on park benches completely by mistake.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

PTO
Last edited by PorFavor on Mon 29 Mar, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.