Thursday 1st December 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 1st December 2022

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 1st December 2022

Post by refitman »

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh dear

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Lying about picket line violence, is it.

Surprised this "line" isn't deployed more often, given its automatic "bad old days of the 70s" appeal to boomers.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Apologies for my absence, a mild cold turned into a hideous sinus infection that has to be one of the most vile, disgusting things I've ever had the misfortune to experience.

I might have a go at QT later. Drinking wine while taking decongestant tablets probably isn't a good idea but I've not had a drink for a week and I'm bored shitless.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Get better soon, sounds rather disagreeable.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

I for one will be sad to see Ian Blackford go, but if the rumours are to believed and he's replaced by Stephen Flynn then we should be in for some fun. Flynn is the one who gave Jordan Peterson a sound thrashing on QT.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

A few stories floating around about Blackford that don't show him in a terribly flattering light, I'm afraid.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Kanye West is a little....uhhh....

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Hai! Japan you magnificent bastards!
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

KW is fairly obviously not right in the head tbh, he needs help if anything.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Question Time tonight came from lovely Aberystwyth where I got the best salted caramel ice cream I've ever had.

Talking of taste sensations, I'd love to say having a Vicks inhaler shoved up your nose goes well with red wine, but it really doesn't. It makes the wine taste really sweet. Which isn't good. But at least I can breathe.

Anyway for the Tories we had David TC Davies. One has to presume that in giving him the middle name 'Top Cat' David's parents hoped that he would spend his time getting up to scams while living in a bin and it's kind of worked given his political career, but where the real Top Cat had a cheeky charm David is just an unpleasant dick. This evening he bemoaned his Anglican upbringing because he claimed the Anglican church is too left wing for him, he claimed removing charitable tax breaks from private schools was 'class war', and generally misrepresented what others were saying so he could make snide comebacks which made him look like even more of a dick.

For Labour we had Vaughan Gething. Vaughan is what Starmer would like to be in his dreams. Calm, cool and collected, but with gravitas and personality. He's an impressive politician and if he doesn't become the next Labour leader in Wales I'd be very surprised. With apologies to the Welsh if I were in Labour HQ I'd be doing everything I could to persuade him to join the Westminster party, but knowing Labour politics that'll never happen because they'll be shit scared of him.

For GB News we had Olivia Utley. Last time Olivia was on QT she was 'assistant comment editor' at the Telegraph whatever the fuck that is, and now it would appear she's decided to embrace that esoteric obscurity by taking a job at a channel that is regularly seen by fewer people than repeats of The Sweeney on ITV 4 (true story). Olivia was wearing a lovely green paisley dress but that was as good as it got. While discussing the racism of 'Lady' Susan Hussey, Olivia of little brains tried a number of angles. First she claimed that older people were allowed to be racist for some reason and this woman was a victim of cancel culture. When this failed miserably she then claimed Susan Hussey had 'lived through the war', which is technically correct given she was born in 1939 but unless she developed freakishly quickly it's difficult to imagine her taking much of it in. Basically she just chuntered out the various right wing defences of this awful woman and when one failed she went on to another until there were none left and she was faced with a hostile audience who kept taking her to task. Still, it was a nice dress.

For Plaid Cymru we had Adam Price. I like Adam and he was his usual boisterous self sticking it to the (English) man. He pointed out that there were debates in the Sixties and Seventies about racism so to use age as an excuse was nonsense. Good man.

For Wales TUC we had Shavanah Taj. Shavanah explained how people asking her where she was really from was such a regular occurrence that she'd done one of those ancestry DNA tests and had the results on her phone as an answer to show to morons.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 01 Dec, 2022 8:13 pm A few stories floating around about Blackford that don't show him in a terribly flattering light, I'm afraid.
Well yes, and despite all the flannelling that's the reason he's going and rightly so.

I'll still miss his rhetoric flourish though.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 01 Dec, 2022 10:51 pm KW is fairly obviously not right in the head tbh, he needs help if anything.
Lets face it if Kanye West was poor he'd have been sectioned. If Donald Trump was a regular guy the IRS would have prosecuted him years ago.

Money acts as a buffer between the rich and the state and it was forever thus.

None of this is new.

However in the ancient Greek world it reached a head and rich people were killed and dragged mutilated through the streets.

It's a lot harder to do that shit these days.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »