Thursday 28th August 2014

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 28th August 2014

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
pk1 wrote:JohnnyT1234 is a little frustrated by the Graun's tolerance of Rustinpeace
Johnny is doing great work there, expressing the frustration that (obviously) quite a few feel about that loathsome piece of pond scum & his alter ego. Rusty's constant trolling and twitchy reporting finger is shutting down any meaningful debate on that thread; which is, I suspect, his intention.

Oh. Yes. Hi all. I finally made it.
So I'm not the only one to have noted how quickly any criticism of him, however reasonable and factual, gets deleted!

I do hope, though, that yesterday was a "tipping point" and he won't be allowed to be so blatantly unpleasant again :?:
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
danesclose
Whip

Post by danesclose »

Re the Carswell defection, I thought this tweet summed it up pretty well:
2014-08-28_130722.jpg
2014-08-28_130722.jpg (26.16 KiB) Viewed 24347 times
Proud to be part of The Indecent Minority.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Point not much made about Rotherham if Ofsted's role.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/sites/default/ ... 202011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2009 very damning unannounced report on Children's Services.

2010- promoted to adequate

2011- Adequate again.

Listed under strengths:
The areas of
development identified at the previous unannounced inspection of front-line child
protection services in August 2009, and further considered in the full inspection of
safeguarding and services for looked after children in August 2010, were found to
have largely been addressed.
Either that was very optimistic or this "everyone was useless, get them all out" stuff does a serious disservice to some people, particularly post 2009.

I'm surprised they could get anyone to work there.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

So I'm not the only one to have noted how quickly any criticism of him, however reasonable and factual, gets deleted!
It is a reliable indication that somebody has defeated his argument, when their post vanishes.
I do hope, though, that yesterday was a "tipping point" and he won't be allowed to be so blatantly unpleasant again :?:
Well, against all the odds, my post of last night was allowed to stand. I appealed a moderation decision a couple of weeks back (not something I've ever done before, but a line was crossed) and the reply gave me the distinct impression that he was now being watched; Johnny overdoes it (rather beautifully, imo) but Rusty shouldn't be allowed to disrupt to the extent he does - the deleted thread he mentioned today was started by me simply suggesting that we should not feed the troll. I shan't be in future, especially as I grown increasingly convinced that he is a CCHQ stooge along the lines of the late lamented absitreverentiavero on the Education threads, later outed as a certain Mr D Cummings.

Life is too short to waste on pond slime.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
letsskiptotheleft
Home Secretary

Post by letsskiptotheleft »

When is that other bastion of Blighty, Dan Hannan going to put his money where is his mouth is? He'll have a bit more difficulty churning out his tripe on the Telegraph boards now his twin has jumped trip.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Leftwing Jeremy Vine calling article by Allison Pearson brilliant. It seems to be called "who is the racist now?" or something.
I notice in that bastion of free speech which is the DT...

Comments for this thread are now closed.

An article which starts thus:
why were South Yorkshire Police incapable of pursuing multiple allegations against multiple men who raped 1,400 children over 16 years?
For a start, that number is an estimate not individual cases. And secondly, there was a conviction against 5 who've been in jail since 2010 - did she not notice?

I really think that trying to estimate the numbers affected was a mistake as it gets seen forever more as accepted truth. The report does focus on individual cases - trying to place that in perspective by maybe looking at the successes of intervention would have been far more helpful.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Tubby Isaacs wrote:Leftwing Jeremy Vine calling article by Allison Pearson brilliant. It seems to be called "who is the racist now?" or something.
I assume that is sarcasm ;)

Pearson *was* on the left once - before she decided churning out formulaic why-oh-why guff for the Heil and now Torygraph was what she had entered journalism to do. A real shame.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
I notice in that bastion of free speech which is the DT...

Comments for this thread are now closed.

An article which starts thus:
why were South Yorkshire Police incapable of pursuing multiple allegations against multiple men who raped 1,400 children over 16 years?
For a start, that number is an estimate not individual cases. And secondly, there was a conviction against 5 who've been in jail since 2010 - did she not notice?

I really think that trying to estimate the numbers affected was a mistake as it gets seen forever more as accepted truth. The report does focus on individual cases - trying to place that in perspective by maybe looking at the successes of intervention would have been far more helpful.
Chris Cook said he thought the number looked like it was extrapolated from a small number of files. I think numbers are a worthwhile exercise, but it needs to be done looking at every file.

In partial defence of the police, I expect this from the report was a significant problem:
In one
instance, the driver was arrested for sexual offences and supplying a controlled drug
to a 15 year old girl. The CPS decided not to charge him, due to the perceived
unreliability of one of the prosecution witnesses
Social workers of course don't need forensic proof, but there's a lot of "why weren't they taken off the streets?" talk about. Not as easy as that.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

That Pearson article totally misrepresents events in several places. This:
Equally horrifying is the suggestion that certain Pakistani councillors asked social workers to reveal the addresses of the shelters where some of the abused girls were hiding.
when in fact:
11.8 All the senior officers we interviewed were asked whether ethnic considerations influenced their decision making. All were unequivocal that this did not happen. However, several of those involved in the operational management of services reported some attempts to pressurise them into changing their approach to some issues. This mainly affected the support given to Pakistani-heritage women fleeing domestic violence, where a small number of councillors had demanded that social workers reveal the whereabouts of these women or effect reconciliation rather than supporting the women to make up their own minds. The Inquiry team was confident that ethnic issues did not influence professional decision-making in individual cases.
So that's a straight lie to say that it was about the abused girls.

And she's supposed to be a journalist?
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

She's a longstanding talker of rubbish.

Always thought it was brand management that kept comments closed. Maybe it's that they can write up more shit without any contradiction going up.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/news/re ... PU.twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1,400 jobs going at West Birmingham and Sandwell NHS Trust
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Oh dear, someone over at the DT just pointed about...
Very interesting Clacton UKIP branch has already selected a candidate by democratic vote Roger Lord. I know he hasn't resigned so How can Mr Carswell stand for the same party unelected What does that say about his view of localism
I would imagine that Lord will get a quiet word i his ear to stand aside. Be quite amusing if he said "I was selected so I'm standing so sod Carswell"
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I suppose if we are being pedantic, he was selected as UKIP candidate for the GE?

(and I expect Carswell might have informed him of this before most people - not good planning otherwise)

Labour already have someone in place for next year too - the party *could* decide to pick somebody else for this, but it seems they are unlikely to.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Oh dear, someone over at the DT just pointed about...
Very interesting Clacton UKIP branch has already selected a candidate by democratic vote Roger Lord. I know he hasn't resigned so How can Mr Carswell stand for the same party unelected What does that say about his view of localism
I would imagine that Lord will get a quiet word i his ear to stand aside. Be quite amusing if he said "I was selected so I'm standing so sod Carswell"
I suspect that quiet word's already been had, but you're right, it would simply cap the amusement superbly. It'll be interesting to see how much effort Labour put in in the seat. Let's hope the right wing vote is split right down the middle and the sane voters in Clacton plump for Labour as the best - or least bad - option.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

It's very much the point I made on the Graun, when Farage announced he was standing in South Thanet; for all their claims to be different UKIP are just as prone to "parachuting in" candidates as any of the mainstream parties. Mind you, parachuting in Neil Hamilton still strikes me as the epitome of stupidity.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
I suspect that quiet word's already been had, but you're right, it would simply cap the amusement superbly. It'll be interesting to see how much effort Labour put in in the seat. Let's hope the right wing vote is split right down the middle and the sane voters in Clacton plump for Labour as the best - or least bad - option.

Afternoon. The political commentator they had on WATO said Carswell will walk the by election ..... :roll: He is apparently very popular in Clacton.

I don't know - I go out to do some work and such momentous stuff happens. I expect Cameron was thinking similar except it would have been going out to have a quick surf and include a blue word or two. Farage must be cock a hoop. He's pretty much already made good on his claim that UKIP will have an MP after the next election or he will resign. He must have known about this when he made that pledge. And if Carswell does walk the by election for UKIP .... well then Farage and UKIP are pretty much guaranteed loads of coverage in the run up to the general election - if they weren't already - and, of course, a podium at one of the leader debates.
Working on the wild side.
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

ErnstRemarx wrote:
I'd like carswell to just win this ahead of the tories and Labour. If Labour win it gives plenty of ammunition to the "vote UKIP get Labour" fear mongering. Of course come May I'd like to see it turn red :lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Nick Robinson ‏@bbcnickrobinson 6m
PM refuses to admit that there was no way the government could meet the Tories immigration target pre election or whilst staying in the EU
He really is a plonker. And evidently thinks the electorate are very very stupid.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

MirrorJames ‏@MirrorJames 4m
Dave looks v angry...
:lol:
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
It is a reliable indication that somebody has defeated his argument, when their post vanishes.
Well, against all the odds, my post of last night was allowed to stand. I appealed a moderation decision a couple of weeks back (not something I've ever done before, but a line was crossed) and the reply gave me the distinct impression that he was now being watched; Johnny overdoes it (rather beautifully, imo) but Rusty shouldn't be allowed to disrupt to the extent he does - the deleted thread he mentioned today was started by me simply suggesting that we should not feed the troll. I shan't be in future, especially as I grown increasingly convinced that he is a CCHQ stooge along the lines of the late lamented absitreverentiavero on the Education threads, later outed as a certain Mr D Cummings.

Life is too short to waste on pond slime.

I didn't know that absit/etc was D.Cummings - I once engaged with him in an argument about his user name.

He insisted it meant something it didn't - I can't remember what.... amo, amas, am at it again....
It means that the truth should not be withheld just because it might hurt someone.

Rusty is a complete and utter twunt, and I'm sure he's working for someone in government.
Nasty.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

ephemerid wrote:
Rusty is a complete and utter twunt, and I'm sure he's working for someone in government.
Nasty.
I'm more inclined into working for an investment firm looking to profit from the breakup of the NHS (in particular).

Why else would his company have a subscription to the online HSJ? No other reason but for making money out of private health.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
MirrorJames ‏@MirrorJames 4m
Dave looks v angry...
:lol:
I suspect a bad day just got substantially worse...
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

By his voting record shall ye know him...

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11621/ ... cton/votes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frightening. And that's what a UKIP government would probably be like.
JackPranker
Committee Member

Post by JackPranker »

Hi all, liking the new site!

Rustinpeace is nasty little shit and should be pubicly admonished. Not it's not a typo.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

Has anyone posted our new URL over at the Graun's DP thread? Might attract a few more refugees - look, no nesting!
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

RogerOThornhill wrote:Why else would his company have a subscription to the online HSJ? No other reason but for making money out of private health.
Because he is working for Jeremy Hunt at the moment? To me the clincher was Wreathgate; he not only published that Guido-linked tweet with suspicious speed (if the timings on the Zelostreet piece are right, his post was up within a couple of minutes of Guido posting it on his tawdry blog) but his post was word perfect, using virtually identical language as the rest of Staines pet poodles. You may be right, but there is too much (admittedly circumstantial) evidence pointing in other directions.

Whatever, he is an unnecessary distraction and I, for one, shall be ignoring him in future.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Retweeted by Rob Merrick
Roger Lord UKIP ‏@RogerLordUKIP 18m
I've had machine guns up my conk Nigel... I'm not bloody going anywhere.
Oh dear. (I take it this is not a spoof account?)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Doesn't really matter, tbh.

The UKIP national executive has always had the final say in selecting Westminster by-election candidates - and certainly will use their powers in this instance :)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Doesn't really matter, tbh.

The UKIP national executive has always had the final say in selecting Westminster by-election candidates - and certainly will use their powers in this instance :)
Doesn't look good though. But when has that ever seemed to worry UKIP?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

I'm sure they will - but that doesn't half mark them out as 'just like all the other parties' doesn't it? Not exactly 'Mr. Smith goes to Washington' in the case of the present UKIP choice. I hope he kicks off and massively embarrasses them - after all, for him as a UKIP candidate, it would be a winnable seat. Were it me, I'd be fuming, and I'd want serious recompense for something that highhanded.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ErnstRemarx wrote:

I'm sure they will - but that doesn't half mark them out as 'just like all the other parties' doesn't it? Not exactly 'Mr. Smith goes to Washington' in the case of the present UKIP choice. I hope he kicks off and massively embarrasses them - after all, for him as a UKIP candidate, it would be a winnable seat. Were it me, I'd be fuming, and I'd want serious recompense for something that highhanded.
From the tweets I've seen he has indeed 'kicked off'. Yes - he's lost the chance to go for a very winnable seat and had probably mapped out his next five years or so on that basis - and, presumably, put in quite a lot of work in the constituency already. They will need to offer him a paying job at the very least I'd have thought.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Retweeted by Iain Dale
I challenge you @DouglasCarswell to a duel. I will have satisfaction at this outrage you and Nigel have schemed like thieves in the night.
His tweets read like something out of Blackadder though ... hard to take seriously ... but he seems very serious.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Sure, its a bit of an embarrassment - and the point about their hypocrisy when they regularly lambast other parties "parachuted" candidates is well made.

I wouldn't be surprised if some local UKIPpers wanted to support Carswell now, though (indeed, they might have been encouraging him to defect?)

In short, this isn't going to make much difference IMO. Those of us who wish ill on UKIP will have to hope for something else ;)

(historic parallel here - when Dick Taverne left the Labour party and stood for re-election in 1973, the local Liberals in Lincoln had already selected a GE candidate and were reluctant to stand aside in his favour; it took some arm twisting from party HQ to get them to do so. He still won big, of course)
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Thu 28 Aug, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:

From the tweets I've seen he has indeed 'kicked off'. Yes - he's lost the chance to go for a very winnable seat and had probably mapped out his next five years or so on that basis - and, presumably, put in quite a lot of work in the constituency already. They will need to offer him a paying job at the very least I'd have thought.
I'd want Farago's bollocks in a vice and a large saw.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Retweeted by Iain Dale
I challenge you @DouglasCarswell to a duel. I will have satisfaction at this outrage you and Nigel have schemed like thieves in the night.
His tweets read like something out of Blackadder though ... hard to take seriously ... but he seems very serious.
Yup, I think he's pissed off alright. This is getting funnier and funnier as time goes on. He's dead right about one thing - Farago and Carswell must have stitched him up behind his back (unless this is all faked to show us just what fun UKIP are). And there we were thinking that UKIP were nothing like the LibLabCon political establishment, eh?
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Doesn't look faked.

UKIP’s Clacton Candidate Says He Won’t Stand Down For Douglas Carswell

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/ukips-clacton-candidate-says-he-wont-stand-down-for-douglas

Oh dear...Farage must be wondering if this is such a great a coup as he thought it would be...

How about Official UKIP and Independent UKIP?
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Doesn't look faked.

UKIP’s Clacton Candidate Says He Won’t Stand Down For Douglas Carswell

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/ukips-clacton-candidate-says-he-wont-stand-down-for-douglas

Oh dear...Farage must be wondering if this is such a great a coup as he thought it would be...

How about Official UKIP and Independent UKIP?
From the article:

"But his defection has instead set up a battle between UKIP’s grassroots supporters and an increasingly professional central party."

and...

"“He isn’t necessarily our man; we haven’t adopted him yet. Roger is our candidate for the general election at the moment. I don’t know what the next move is going to be.”

UKIP’s central office has been contacted for comment."

This is the gift that keeps on giving. I wonder how UKIP 'grassrooters' will feel when they realise that they're about to get shafted by the said central party? I foresee endless fun and games, and egg on a few faces. It would be absolutely priceless if the Clacton kippers told Farago and Carswell to fuck off. The spectacle of Farago acting in exactly the same way as the parties he says he loathes as unrepresentative would be worth watching. And, even if he didn't and accepted the local extant choice, I can't imagine that Carswell won't seek to extract revenge.

This just keeps getting better.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

RogerOThornhill wrote:Incidentally, whoever has the Twitter account, can they put the link to my article above on Laura McInerney's tweet?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is that possible?
Roger, sent Laura the link.
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

The profile info reads:
Parliamentary candidate for UKIP in Clacton. We shall fight them on the beaches and in the sweet shops. Parodia Spucatum tauri
Never having studied Latin at my South London comprehensive I was reliant on translation software but, as far as I can tell "Parodia Spucatum tauri" loosely translates as "bullshit parody". Which is a shame, but it is still entertaining because many won't realise it.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

refitman wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:Incidentally, whoever has the Twitter account, can they put the link to my article above on Laura McInerney's tweet?

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is that possible?
Roger, sent Laura the link.
Excellent - thanks.

Laura normally live tweets from these hearings so if she has some background it'll make it even more interesting.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
The profile info reads:
Parliamentary candidate for UKIP in Clacton. We shall fight them on the beaches and in the sweet shops. Parodia Spucatum tauri
Never having studied Latin at my South London comprehensive I was reliant on translation software but, as far as I can tell "Parodia Spucatum tauri" loosely translates as "bullshit parody". Which is a shame, but it is still entertaining because many won't realise it.
Sorry, I meant the news about him not standing aside didn't look fake. I'd be surprised if he could use a computer never mind have twitter.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Nick Robinson ‏@bbcnickrobinson 6m
PM refuses to admit that there was no way the government could meet the Tories immigration target pre election or whilst staying in the EU
He really is a plonker. And evidently thinks the electorate are very very stupid.
Silly question. Almost no way could meet target outside it, while keeping same access to the single market.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

SY deputy PCC Tracey Cheetham has resigned in the face of the Rotherham child abuse report.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

And of course cheerleading for austerity in the Eurozone didn't help.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

pk1 wrote:SY deputy PCC Tracey Cheetham has resigned in the face of the Rotherham child abuse report.
She is from Barnsley (so not implicated in this mess) a good sort and a Labour loyalist.

I think she will be as disgusted at Wright's behaviour (not least jettisoning the party to save his own skin) as many.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

http://www.9thousandfeet.com/blog/page-two/

Posted on August 27, 2014 by NatashaFatale

As satirists around the world scribble their “Goodbye cruel world” notes and reach for their razor blades and sleeping pills, CNN reveals that a nine-year-old girl, on vacation with her family in northern Arizona near Las Vegas, has shot and killed a tourist-emporium employee with the submachine gun he was teaching her to shoot. At a place called Bullets and Burgers. (At a place called Bullets and Burgers. At a place called Bullets and Burgers.) The owner of Bullets and Burgers says that “We really don’t know what happened.” (He should watch the video that CNN helpfully links to. It would be the least he can do, since everyone that kid has ever met will have bookmarked it already.) CNN notes that Bullets and Burgers brags on its Facebook page that “We separate ourselves from all other Las Vegas ranges with our unique ‘Desert Storm’ atmosphere and military style bunkers.” Their web site (which CNN doesn’t seem to have found yet) makes the same claim, and adds “You will be treated with the World Famous All American Hamburger, fresh cut french fries, and a drink. The All American Burger is guaranteed to be the best hamburger you have ever eaten.” Trip Advisor, whatever that may be, ranks Bullets and Burgers “#1 of 575 attractions in Las Vegas” (take that, Hoover Dam). CNN does not reveal whether the girl will be tried as an adult, but things don’t look too good for her because the dead instructor “was married, well-liked and a veteran.” Also, there were no reviews of the hamburgers.

Some of you might remember NatashaFatale from Tomasky's US Political blog in the Guardian way back when.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

ohsocynical wrote:http://www.9thousandfeet.com/blog/page-two/

Posted on August 27, 2014 by NatashaFatale

As satirists around the world scribble their “Goodbye cruel world” notes and reach for their razor blades and sleeping pills, CNN reveals that a nine-year-old girl, on vacation with her family in northern Arizona near Las Vegas, has shot and killed a tourist-emporium employee with the submachine gun he was teaching her to shoot. At a place called Bullets and Burgers. (At a place called Bullets and Burgers. At a place called Bullets and Burgers.) The owner of Bullets and Burgers says that “We really don’t know what happened.” (He should watch the video that CNN helpfully links to. It would be the least he can do, since everyone that kid has ever met will have bookmarked it already.) CNN notes that Bullets and Burgers brags on its Facebook page that “We separate ourselves from all other Las Vegas ranges with our unique ‘Desert Storm’ atmosphere and military style bunkers.” Their web site (which CNN doesn’t seem to have found yet) makes the same claim, and adds “You will be treated with the World Famous All American Hamburger, fresh cut french fries, and a drink. The All American Burger is guaranteed to be the best hamburger you have ever eaten.” Trip Advisor, whatever that may be, ranks Bullets and Burgers “#1 of 575 attractions in Las Vegas” (take that, Hoover Dam). CNN does not reveal whether the girl will be tried as an adult, but things don’t look too good for her because the dead instructor “was married, well-liked and a veteran.” Also, there were no reviews of the hamburgers.

Some of you might remember NatashaFatale from Tomasky's US Political blog in the Guardian way back when.
You have to ask, who, in the name of sanity, takes a nine year old girl to a place like that with a view to her learning to shoot a submachine gun. I'm sure that the Founding Fathers and and their 'well drilled militia' or whatever it was mentioned in the constitution wouldn't quite have had that in mind.
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... roger-lord" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ooh, getting interesting now...
ErnstRemarx
Secretary of State

Post by ErnstRemarx »

RobertSnozers wrote:
ErnstRemarx wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... roger-lord

Ooh, getting interesting now...
The thought of watching them knocking lumps out of each other all the way to May is delightful. Since the boundaries changed I don't know that there's any chance of a Labour MP (Harwich was Labour from 1997 to 2005) but if they split the rightwing vote down the middle then maybe, just maybe...
If Lord refuses to go quietly - and why should he? - it should provide a fetching tableaux for Farago to show off his famous political and man management skills. Good to see such a break with the 'old politics' by the new People's Party, thobut.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.