Tuesday 5th May 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 5th May 2015

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

I'm still not sure why Tizme took offence at me saying "pondlife" about racists posting below the line on a story about Muslims in the Guardian. I

It's a strong word, but I think it's merited.
Rebecca
Lord Chancellor

Post by Rebecca »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:I'm still not sure why Tizme took offence at me saying "pondlife" about racists posting below the line on a story about Muslims in the Guardian. I

Some people enjoy taking offence,wouldn't worry about it.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Absolutely devastating critique of the Liberal Democrats enabling role in the 'death by a thousand cuts' brought about by this coalition government. I applaud this bloke for what he has written - and for wanting to join Labour to help reconstruct society after the demolition job his former party and the Tories have carried out. Just wish he'd done so - and spoken out - earlier.

Read his open letter to Nick Clegg this tweet links to.
Phil Wilson ‏@PhilWilsonMP 9m9 minutes ago
Senior local Lib Dem supports @annaturley in Redcar @gselmer: With sadness. An open letter to @nick_clegg @LibDems: http://www.georgeselmer.com/?p=75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ”
Working on the wild side.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Willow904 wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
I think that most people in England will feel sympathy, and some admiration, for Murphy. I certainly do and I am no big fan of his ;)
He doesn't look too worried in this picture.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3763386
If he had any doubts about giving up his cushy Westminster seat to run for leader of Scottish Labour and having to try to get a seat in Holyrood instead, I suspect the way things are going, with the possibility of losing his Westminster seat anyway, he's probably thinking he's ended up with the best of a bad lot. And as it seems the only way for Scottish Labour from this point is up, he's going to take credit for something positive sometime down the road. It really can't get any worse, after all!
Interesting that his SNP opponent on Thursday is trying to persuade Tory voters to vote for her:
Kirsten Oswald has written a personalised note to Conservatives in the seat,saying that she is a “candidate who understands your values, your concerns and your priorities
http://labourlist.org/2015/05/snp-appea ... -like-you/

(I think that link has been posted before).

Jim polled almost 51% of the votes in 2010, against the SNP just under 9%. That needs one hell of a swing to unseat him.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi- ... ire%20East
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote:
Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB · 3m3 minutes ago
@LordAshcroft final poll details
CON 32%, LAB 30%, LDEM 11%, UKIP 12%, GRN 7%
Labour unchanged, Tories down 4, still undoubtedly a load of old twaddle.
Scope for Labour to squeeze both LibDems and Greens there ;)
Useful rounding.

Conservatives 168 = 31.5% rounded to 32%
Labour 162 = 30.4% rounded to 30%
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

I was a bit naughty and phoned the Sun's Sell a Tory Story phone line.

The chap seemed to brighten up when I said I had a good news Tory story, then I added 'What would you like me to say then ?'
I was hoping to be able to catch him out, but he did seem to have a few scruples at least, and said it doesn't work like that.

I asked him if he worked for the Sun directly, he said no.
Couldn't resist saying 'I suppose you can't do what the Sun did to get stories, hack phones'.

Juvenile...but I couldn't help myself. Election tension is high.
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

RobertSnozers wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I'm still not sure why Tizme took offence at me saying "pondlife" about racists posting below the line on a story about Muslims in the Guardian. I

Pondlife is useful and harms no-one. Perhaps it was the insult to pondlife that was the issue?
I have a vague recollection of an MP getting into the papers some years ago for referring to the electorate as 'pondlife'. It was said at the time that it was common HoC parlance.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Rebecca wrote:

Tizme isn't like that though.

Might have came across like I was saying people attacking Labour BTL were pondlife.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Tue 05 May, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

StephenDolan wrote: Indeed. With the numerous predictions of Labour around 265-270, are these based upon only a couple of Scottish MPs?

I've yet to hear Cameron asked whether ending up with less Conservative MPs in 2015 than 2010 is a resigning matter. He's opened himself up to this line of questioning with his 'legitimacy' rants.
Or indeed how many MPs is OK for him to be PM. He did PPE, surely he can argue this point if nothing else?

Some of us thought Cameron getting 309 MPs and emerging as PM for a 5 year fixed Parliament was a bit of a stretch.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Tizme isn't like that though.

Might have came across like I was saying people were attacking Labour BTL were pondlife.
You weren't Tubby.
Tizme's admitted she wasn't in the best of moods.
&, as a Green, she would surely think pond life A Good Thing.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
Eric_WLothian wrote: He doesn't look too worried in this picture.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/t ... -1-3763386
If he had any doubts about giving up his cushy Westminster seat to run for leader of Scottish Labour and having to try to get a seat in Holyrood instead, I suspect the way things are going, with the possibility of losing his Westminster seat anyway, he's probably thinking he's ended up with the best of a bad lot. And as it seems the only way for Scottish Labour from this point is up, he's going to take credit for something positive sometime down the road. It really can't get any worse, after all!
Interesting that his SNP opponent on Thursday is trying to persuade Tory voters to vote for her:
Kirsten Oswald has written a personalised note to Conservatives in the seat,saying that she is a “candidate who understands your values, your concerns and your priorities
http://labourlist.org/2015/05/snp-appea ... -like-you/

(I think that link has been posted before).

Jim polled almost 51% of the votes in 2010, against the SNP just under 9%. That needs one hell of a swing to unseat him.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi- ... ire%20East
He probably won't lose his seat, but with all the hooha that he might, it doesn't matter how close it is, it'll look like a victory. Meanwhile Sturgeon has the unenviable task of living up to an SNP clean sweep - anything less now will look like failure. She's tried to temper expectations a little, but if the Libdem non-surge last time is anything to go by, not nearly enough.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Cllr Malcolm Cunning ‏@Malcolm4Linn 2h2 hours ago
Mr Doughty-Brown told me to my face only a fortnight ago that he was nothing to do with the SNP. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; …

Kevin O'Donnell
‏@kevwodonnell
SNP have also suspended party member James Scott . Sandra White MSP has deleted a tweet saying they weren't members
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:Dear Scum Journalists,

My name is A C Bastard, and I couldn't run my business without David Cameron's government. I work in packing and I am making a killing. Here is how:

I recruit my workforce from Eastern Europe using an agency.
I pay them minimum wage, to avoid prosecution, but I house them in sub-standard barely habitable Accomodation six to a room. Here is the best bit I also charge them rent, thus clawing back a chunk of my wage costs and making a huge profit.
Any complaints about working conditions, no worries I just fire them and get some new workers in.

Sure the locals don't like it, but I don't give a toss. Of course Ed Miliband would stop all of this tomorrow and then where would I be. Still that is why I pay my £500k to get special access to David Cameron's dinner club.

Dave Cameron I love him, now give me my £100 pounds.

Yours,

A.C. Bastard - Tory businessman, Tory donor.
Dear A.C. Bastard,

Damn you, Bastard, don't you know who I am? I hope they don't print our achievements alphabetically. I have far more interesting tales to tell and wish to make our claims first.

Yours,

Grant, er Michael, Sebastian Fox Green Shapps

Edit: It seems I forgot to add Tory Chairman.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Tue 05 May, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

@dhothersall 4h4 hours ago
Weeks ago: He's not an SNP member.
Days ago: He's not an SNP member.
Hours ago: He's not an SNP member.
Now: We've suspended him
:lol:
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

5Live has reporter in factory in ultra-marginal N. Warks. Interviews three 'random' members of staff. How odd that all three were going to vote the same way. Bet you can't guess which way. *switches off irony machine*
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
rearofthestore
Committee Member

Post by rearofthestore »

StephenDolan wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
TheGrimSqueaker wrote: Labour unchanged, Tories down 4, still undoubtedly a load of old twaddle.
Scope for Labour to squeeze both LibDems and Greens there ;)
Useful rounding.

Conservatives 168 = 31.5% rounded to 32%
Labour 162 = 30.4% rounded to 30%
Ashcroft national polls have been consistently poor but this must be the worst ever.
As Stephen says incredible rounding on a pitiful adjusted sample just 533 after weighting.
Amongst the corkers Age group 18-24 just 43 votes weighted up to 59 considered of which 15 lab 14 con
Scotland Lab 21% LibDem 18% Con 2% (this because he could only find 1 Conservative voter in the whole of his Scottish sample)
His split for South East shows Con lead of 17% which may seem reasonable initially but half the region is London.
Because this poll is just too small it is likely to be utter rubbish.
As I said last week why does Ashcroft put his name to this. I do hope he is suitably embarrassed come Friday morning.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Willow904 wrote: He probably won't lose his seat,.
Well...

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/bri ... ning-party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very tight.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

pk1 wrote:

Letting thugs do their dirty work, while fragrant Ms Sturgeon kisses babies and hugs grannies.

& I'm not being a hypocrite, I really don't like that sort of physically intimidating stuff.
Even thought the peaceful weekend anti-Farage pub protest was out of line and that had nothing on these :toss:
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

RobertSnozers wrote:Words cannot express how this 'Scottish resistance' stuff infuriates me. It's historically illiterate and insults the memory of those who actually have fought against an occupying force

The Scots were not invaded and subjugated by the Anglo-Normans (as distinct from the English) like Ireland and Wales were (or invaded and subjugated by the Normans as Anglo-Saxon+Danish England was, come to that)

The Scots were active and enthusiastic participants in the British Empire

The Jacobite Risings and the Battle of Culloden were not England vs Scotland, they were a series of scraps between supporters of one royal line (and version of Christianity) and another and included Scots on both sides
Careful, Robert, I trust you wouldn't repeat that in Glasgow. On that note I remember my parents breaking down in the outskirts of Glasgow when my brother and I were teenagers and the two of us visited a local pub. Our Mum was from Peterhead where we were headed. Whilst there we drifted into Scottish accents, perhaps they weren't good enough. Let's just say it didn't go down particularly well.

Edit: removed a spurious 'the'.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Tue 05 May, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

SpinningHugo wrote:
Willow904 wrote: He probably won't lose his seat,.
Well...

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/bri ... ning-party" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very tight.

But didn't some betting companies pay out on a 10 seat Tory majority in 2010?
Didn't happen did it ?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

'US-style dirty tricks campaign' flyer tells voters to oust Labour in key seat
Lib Dems and Tories deny being behind ‘illegal and unethical’ anonymous leaflet in north London marginal as local party makes police complaint

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... n-key-seat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

SpinningHugo wrote: He probably won't lose his seat,
Well...

Very tight.
I'm not much of a gambler, but if I was going to have a punt I'd like something a little more substantial to go on than the few Scottish polls we've had. If you'd gone with the polls last time you'd have put money on the Libdems beating Labour into third. As I said earlier, Murphy can be upbeat because come what may he's got an important job to do as Scottish Labour leader.

Does anyone know if Labour do any private polling for their own info, btw. I'm curious as to whether the main parties have any additional knowledge of how things are shaping up that we're not privy to.
Last edited by Willow904 on Tue 05 May, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

gordon mccaskill ‏@GordonMccaskill May 3

Interesting discussion on @BBCRadioScot this morning, still more than 35% of Scots voters undecided - a huge figure this close to GE
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

yahyah wrote:
Letting thugs do their dirty work, while fragrant Ms Sturgeon kisses babies and hugs grannies.

& I'm not being a hypocrite, I really don't like that sort of physically intimidating stuff.
Even thought the peaceful weekend anti-Farage pub protest was out of line and that had nothing on these :toss:
Me neither & that's why I think there are plenty of 'shy Labour' voters up there; those that have voted Labour for donkeys years & know that Labour reflect their own values.

I hope I'm not wrong....#quake
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Patrick Wintour ‏@patrickwintour 3m3 minutes ago
Clegg "I will never be party to a government that advocated withdrawal from the European Union".

Do you see the get out there?
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

ohsocynical wrote:gordon mccaskill ‏@GordonMccaskill May 3

Interesting discussion on @BBCRadioScot this morning, still more than 35% of Scots voters undecided - a huge figure this close to GE

Oh So, I could kiss you for that.

Let's hope those 35% see sense.
pk1
Speaker of the House

Post by pk1 »

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/ ... ppearance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(T)Ed leading a rent strike - see, he's always been a trouble-maker ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

More on that really vile Harrow East leaflet I posted info on yesterday.
Why has this Labour candidate been the target of a “deeply divisive leaflet” which backs her Tory opponent?
http://labourlist.org/2015/05/why-has-t ... -opponent/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... The leaflet has been distributed by the organisation Dharma Sewa Purva Paksha (DSP) – based in Leicester – whose managing editor Mukesh Naker told the Independent that he is a Tory party member, but denied that the leaflets were backed by the Tories. Blackman also said that the leaflets were “nothing to do with me”.

This appears to be the DSP’s Facebook Group, which has also published a copy of the leaflet.

Kumaran has responded to the leaflet, saying:

“I am sad that such a deeply divisive leaflet has gone out. I am standing for the whole of Harrow East: a united and diverse community. On a personal level, as a Hindu, I am appalled that my faith is being used against me. Stop, this is gutter politics. I don’t know who is behind this leaflet but it condemns me and recommends people vote for Bob Blackman and people can draw their own conclusions.”...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 49s50 seconds ago
It really isn't impossible that Labour could get fewer seats than in 2010, given Scottiah massacre.
He's going all out to paint an abysmal picture, isn't he just. I don't believe him. (And that's not the IDS technique being used - I really don't believe him.)

Editing to add: Here's the one just after that where he's corrected the spelling mistake.
Jim Pickard ‏@PickardJE 1m1 minute ago
It really isn't impossible that Labour could get fewer seats than in 2010, given Scottish massacre.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
It really isn't impossible that Labour could get fewer seats than in 2010, given Scottiah massacre.
He's going all out to paint an abysmal picture, isn't he just. I don't believe him. (And that's not the IDS technique being used - I really don't believe him.)

Editing to add: Here's the one just after that where he's corrected the spelling mistake.
It really isn't impossible that Labour could get fewer seats than in 2010, given Scottish massacre.
Who is he and why do I care what he thinks?
Release the Guardvarks.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Jason Beattie ‏@JBeattieMirror 4s4 seconds ago

Look out for @Survation poll for @DailyMirror in 30minutes.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

I have been trying to understand why the betting market has shifted again: it was moving nicely Labour last week, but we are back to Cameron being very slight odds on to stay. The polls haven't flickered.

Now, maybe it is mug punter money. Richer people bet on politics and they bet how they want things to go. at the last election the betting market had a solid Tory majority.

But why the move?

What do people think of this

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... our-losing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

TechnicalEphemera wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

Who is he and why do I care what he thinks?
Chief Political Correspondent for the Financial Times and co-founder of FT Westminster. Hack.

You don't.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

RobertSnozers wrote:... Oh yes, Glasgow is a 'Yes city' isn't it?
I was thinking more along sectarian lines actually, Robert. 'And now it is I that had better stfu.
fedup59
Committee Member

Post by fedup59 »

Does all this negative spin around a Scottish massacre, an illegitimate gov and the inadequacies of any Labour majority remind anyone else of the build up to the euros and last local elections? All so that any Labour wins could be presented as somehow losses and therefore their results not as good as they should be.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

ohsocynical wrote:Jason Beattie ‏@JBeattieMirror 4s4 seconds ago

Oo eck. Can't stand much more of this. We've had Ashcroft telling us he's going to release another national poll on the morning of election day itself.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

rebeccariots2 wrote:Craig Murray is, of course, claiming that the picture of Jim Murphy managing to smile while the protestor screams in his face is photoshopped. It's all part of the big conspiracy. Reading that blog and BTL is deeply scary.

Herald in World’s Worst Photoshop
https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... photoshop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha ha ha.

Implication of course being that all the other images are faked.

He also did this shit the other day.
Every single accusation against the Mayor of Tower Hamlets, I witnessed being done by Lord Patel’s enforcers on behalf of Labour in Blackburn. My thoughts are today with those, particularly women and young people, in the Islamic community there who are now under terrible pressure. They are obliged to show their completed postal ballots before sealing to community elders, often themselves Labour councillors. They are not allowed to vote other than by post. The heads of household who have to enforce discipline on their families are themselves sometimes not happy, but tied in to mostly Gujerati tribal structures of subservience. That this still happens in the United Kingdom in 2015 is disgusting. What is worse is that it happens with the knowing connivance of Labour Party officials and of Blackburn Council.
I asked him for evidence before. He didn't have any.
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Murray of course owes his fame to "What, you mean you made me a diplomat and you don't think I should say what I want?"

Clue was probably in the job title.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

rebeccariots2 wrote:

Oo eck. Can't stand much more of this. We've had Ashcroft telling us he's going to release another national poll on the morning of election day itself.
I thought they could not do polls on polling day? They cant even give exit polls until the booths close
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

pk1 wrote:
What are the chances they will be 'unsuspended' in time for the SE next year?
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:Craig Murray is, of course, claiming that the picture of Jim Murphy managing to smile while the protestor screams in his face is photoshopped. It's all part of the big conspiracy. Reading that blog and BTL is deeply scary.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... photoshop/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha ha ha.

If that's the case, I'm really impressed with the BBC (and others') ability to 'photoshop' videos. :lol:
TheGrimSqueaker
Speaker of the House

Post by TheGrimSqueaker »

SpinningHugo wrote:I have been trying to understand why the betting market has shifted again: it was moving nicely Labour last week, but we are back to Cameron being very slight odds on to stay. The polls haven't flickered.

Now, maybe it is mug punter money. Richer people bet on politics and they bet how they want things to go. at the last election the betting market had a solid Tory majority.

But why the move?

What do people think of this

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... our-losing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mug punter money, pure & simple. And that is just another hack piece by somebody who has to justify his existence this week, so much hot air .... in my opinion, obviously. Other opinions are available. Opinions can go up as well as down. Your house is at risk ..... nah, that one won't work.
COWER BRIEF MORTALS. HO. HO. HO.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Sheesh - look at these proposals - it's beyond anything they've already done. These are monstrous.
Revealed: coalition proposals to cut welfare for sick, poor, young and disabled
Exclusive: ‘Extremely controversial’ ideas by civil servants include benefit freeze and making it harder for sick people to claim state aid, leaked papers show

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... d-disabled" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... The cuts proposed by officials at the Department for Work and pensions include abolishing statutory maternity pay and barring under-25s from claiming incapacity benefit or housing benefit. Money could also be raised, civil servants suggested, by increasing the bedroom tax in certain cases.

In one of the DWP documents seen by the Guardian, two Whitehall officials say colleagues who were consulted in 2014 about the potential cuts described them as “very/highly/extremely controversial” which highlighted that when it came to welfare spending that there was “not much low-hanging fruit left”...

Other options laid out in the DWP documents include:

• Getting employers to contribute more to the cost statutory maternity pay – or as an alternative abolishing it entirely

• Freezing benefit payments at current levels across the board

• Limiting welfare payments by family size

• Forcing single parents on income support to seek work when their youngest child reaches the age of three (currently five)

• Making it harder for sick people to claim state aid when they are out of work by introducing “stricter” fit-for-work tests and/or tighter limits on eligibility

• Increasing the bedroom tax on certain categories of renters

• Barring under-25s from claiming incapacity benefit or housing benefit
Eric_WLothian
Secretary of State

Post by Eric_WLothian »

pk1 wrote:Image

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/ ... ppearance/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(T)Ed leading a rent strike - see, he's always been a trouble-maker ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a move to erect a statue of a rent-strike leader... in Govan.

https://remembermarybarbour.wordpress.c ... y-barbour/
Tubby Isaacs
Prime Minister

Post by Tubby Isaacs »

Eric_WLothian wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

Ha ha ha.

If that's the case, I'm really impressed with the BBC (and others') ability to 'photoshop' videos. :lol:
Do you have the best video of the bloke in Murphy's face?
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

A list of “very, highly or extremely controversial” potential cuts to benefits have been drawn up by civil servants in response to warnings that the next government would struggle to keep welfare spending below a legal cap of about £120bn a year.

The cuts proposed by officials at the Department for Work and Pensions include abolishing statutory maternity pay and barring under-25s from claiming incapacity benefit or housing benefit. Money could also be raised, civil servants suggested, by increasing the bedroom tax in certain cases.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... d-disabled
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 16s 16 seconds ago
Survation Mirror poll with changes on previous survey for paper LAB 34% (NC); CON 33% (NC); UKIP 16% (NC); LD 9% (NC); GRE 4% (+1)
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Darren McCaffrey ‏@DMcCaffreySKY 27m27 minutes ago
NEW STORY: @UKIP suspends candidate after he threatens to SHOOT Tory rival: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ro ... ar_twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … via @DailyMirror.
We've gone back to wild west politics.
TechnicalEphemera
Speaker of the House

Post by TechnicalEphemera »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB · 16s 16 seconds ago
Survation Mirror poll with changes on previous survey for paper LAB 34% (NC); CON 33% (NC); UKIP 16% (NC); LD 9% (NC); GRE 4% (+1)
So Survation, Populus kind of as is, I await YouGov with interest. We now get into interesting territory either the polls are right, in which case I think it is hard for the Tories to win most seats (or significantly more seats), or they are completely wrong.

Very strange days.
Release the Guardvarks.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

AngryAsWell wrote:
rebeccariots2 wrote:

I thought they could not do polls on polling day? They cant even give exit polls until the booths close
He's not doing a poll on the day - he's publishing one. Here's his tweet.
Lord Ashcroft @LordAshcroft · 1h 1 hour ago
You haven't seen the last of the ANP. My final 3,000-sample pre-election phone poll will be published on Thursday morning on @ConHome