Tuesday 7th July 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
frightful_oik
Whip

Re: Tuesday 7th July 2015

Post by frightful_oik »

Afternoon all.
Little test from the BBC to find out what class you are. I came out as 'Elite' so that proves it's bollocks.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22000973
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

From the AS blog

' a government cannot get defeated on a matter on which it decides not to vote. '

Am I reading that correctly?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

StephenDolan wrote:From the AS blog

' a government cannot get defeated on a matter on which it decides not to vote. '

Others think it was a defeat -
Isabel Hardman’s blog on the Evel debate for Coffee House is well worth reading. Here’s her take on the significance of the result.
The result was 2 Ayes and 291 Noes. But as a motion, it doesn’t mean anything.

David Davis then raised a point of order in which he too said there hadn’t been enough time for debate and asked the Speaker for advice on ‘how we communicate that to the government?’. As a statement, that does mean something, more in fact than the motion. That’ll go down well with Number 10: and shows that anyone who thought governing with a majority of just 12 was going to be easy simply because the Tories had pulled off an election win was suffering from severe hubris.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... e#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Looks like Ed gave another ace speech as well )
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

The Bail Out Greece fund didn't reach its target but did raise e2 million. Unfortunately the guy that set it up did so in the wrong way, so all the money will be refunded :(
So he has started another one, this time proceeds will go to Greek charities, and all of it will get there even if the target is not reached.

Crowdfunding for Greece. By the people, for the people.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I've stepped away for awhile.
I've logged back in to find some error messages like we had prior the GE.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AngryAsWell wrote:The Bail Out Greece fund didn't reach its target but did raise e2 million. Unfortunately the guy that set it up did so in the wrong way, so all the money will be refunded :(
So he has started another one, this time proceeds will go to Greek charities, and all of it will get there even if the target is not reached.

Crowdfunding for Greece. By the people, for the people.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Live & learn.
Game lad.
I like him a lot for his work & his persistence.
If I'd discovered I'd done it wrong, well, okay...I suppose I'd try again, maybe, I don't know, though.
I'd be too busy kicking myself - but what good what that do?
I'll heed the lesson of this fine fellow, wipe my nose & move on.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I don't know about the Greek debt, but come tomorrow Mr Ohso and I will have had five trips to the hospital since the 30th. That's 90 miles on the clock, and £22:50 in car parking fees.

He had a MRI scan today. But they've picked up something wrong from his pre-op ECG, so we have to go to cardiology tomorrow. It's wearing on the nerves to say the least.
Thinking of you both :hug:
Can't believe it. Just had the hospital on the phone again. They gave him a gadget to check for sleep apanea last week. They've just rung and said he has yet another problem and they must see him on Thursday, so that'll be Tues, Wed, and Thurs this week at the hospital.

The car has to be MOT'd Thursday. I don't drive. We arranged a mobile mechanic who'll get it all done for us but we've already had to put him off once. Just for the purpose I can't find the current MOT cert. We're just sweating it hasn't already run out, but are getting to the point where we don't care.

I can't believe the stress it's causing, just when Mr Ohso needs to stay calm
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:I don't know about the Greek debt, but come tomorrow Mr Ohso and I will have had five trips to the hospital since the 30th. That's 90 miles on the clock, and £22:50 in car parking fees.

He had a MRI scan today. But they've picked up something wrong from his pre-op ECG, so we have to go to cardiology tomorrow. It's wearing on the nerves to say the least.
Can't believe it. Just had the hospital on the phone again. They gave him a gadget to check for sleep apanea last week. They've just rung and said he has yet another problem and they must see him on Thursday, so that'll be Tues, Wed, and Thurs this week at the hospital.

The car has to be MOT'd Thursday. I don't drive. We arranged a mobile mechanic who'll get it all done for us but we've already had to put him off once. Just for the purpose I can't find the current MOT cert. We're just sweating it hasn't already run out, but are getting to the point where we don't care.

"...but are getting to the point where we don't care."
Excellent, good.
You're doing great, both of you.
One step at a time.
Breathe.
Literally.
Just stand or sit & breathe, nothing more.
When I'm not able to find something, I stop & breath & then I say out loud
"I'm trying to find latest MOT certificate for the car."
Then let it go.
It'll probably turn up quickish.
But let it go.

Take cabs.
We've got a swell local cab company here in Stoke.
I don't use them often because it's expensive & I'm able walk or use less expensive public transportation.
But if I had a series of important road trips to make, like doctors' appointments, I'd ring them up & ask for their help & book them.
A good, professional crew of drivers & nice cab company is a blessing.

If you take nothing away from this writing I'm posting here please know there's no one more important than Mr & Mrs Ohso.
Both of you are going through a vitally important stage here & now in order for you both to get well, be healthy, inside & out again.
I'm proud of you both; you've gone through tough times & you're an example to me & Mr citizen.
No one else matters but you & Mr. Ohso sometimes.
This is one of those times.
Can you get the good ice cream? Or chocolate? Dang, I can't remember your favourite. Whatever it is, procure it. I wish I lived closer. I'd bring it to you. I'd drive too but I've lived in the UK so long my drivers' license from the US is no longer valid here in the UK. Anyway, a professional driver & the best ice cream in the world is good.

I love you, Ohso.

xx
cJA
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Edited because once is really quite enough.
I attempted a delete but I seem to have lost that function.
If any kind administrator would be nice enough to provide an assist for any stray posts, thank you for your time.
I think I'll read now.
Save posting for later.
:heart:
Last edited by citizenJA on Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

Sorry for the technical difficulties, please stay on the line & a customer service representative will be with you shortly.
Remember, your call is important to us, thank you for standing by....

:zen:
Last edited by citizenJA on Tue 07 Jul, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Stop repeating yourself, cJA!
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

AnatolyKasparov wrote:Stop repeating yourself, cJA!
I hear you!
Fred Flintstone has better functionality than I've got!
Sorry, everyone.
:rock:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

citizenJA wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote: Thinking of you both :hug:

"...but are getting to the point where we don't care."
Excellent, good.
You're doing great, both of you.
One step at a time.
Breathe.
Literally.
Just stand or sit & breathe, nothing more.
When I'm not able to find something, I stop & breath & then I say out loud
"I'm trying to find latest MOT certificate for the car."
Then let it go.
It'll probably turn up quickish.
But let it go.

Take cabs.
We've got a swell local cab company here in Stoke.
I don't use them often because it's expensive & I'm able walk or use less expensive public transportation.
But if I had a series of important road trips to make, like doctors' appointments, I'd ring them up & ask for their help & book them.
A good, professional crew of drivers & nice cab company is a blessing.

If you take nothing away from this writing I'm posting here please know there's no one more important than Mr & Mrs Ohso.
Both of you are going through a vitally important stage here & now in order for you both to get well, be healthy, inside & out again.
I'm proud of you both; you've gone through tough times & you're an example to me & Mr citizen.
No one else matters but you & Mr. Ohso sometimes.
This is one of those times.
Can you get the good ice cream? Or chocolate? Dang, I can't remember your favourite. Whatever it is, procure it. I wish I lived closer. I'd bring it to you. I'd drive too but I've lived in the UK so long my drivers' license from the US is no longer valid here in the UK. Anyway, a professional driver & the best ice cream in the world is good.

I love you, Ohso.

xx
cJA
Love the idea of a cab, but --- It's a thirty mile round trip. :shock: Thank God we've friends and family...
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Evening all.

Apparently the committee stage of the Education Bill was a bit of a battle between Nick Gibb and Kevin Brennan but which did, to people's amazement, get this admission...

Schools Week
‏@SchoolsWeek
.@NickGibbMP: "I do acknowledge there are some very good primary schools and secondary schools in the maintained sector" #edubill

:clap:

That must have hurt...
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Cathy Newman ‏@cathynewman 1h1 hour ago
George Osborne’s family business pocketed £6 million in property deal with developer based in tax haven - @Channel4News investigation 7pm.
Bet he's really 'gonna' feel for all those 'hard working' people he shafts with his budget tomorrow.
Working on the wild side.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2014-0166.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Supreme Court Decision due tomorrow regarding the suspension of DLA /hospital stays
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:

You can check your MOT on line here https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/mot-insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sending lots of soothing thought - wish I could actually / practically help xx
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Goodnight, everyone.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Night PF.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

ohsocynical wrote: Love the idea of a cab, but --- It's a thirty mile round trip. :shock: Thank God we've friends and family...
Good! I'm glad you've got transportation coverage.
Sometimes, investing in the very best at just the right time is the wisest course of action.
What "the best" is, "the right time" is & what the "the wisest course of action" is are the work of people & government.
Tories never have the right priorities, seems to me, & for that, I don't like the Tory party much.
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Goodnight PorFavor
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

Keeping fingers crossed and wishing you both well, Ohso. xxx
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

You can check your MOT on line here https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/mot-insurance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hah. It doesn't recognise the numbers I put in.... :? :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

AngryAsWell wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:

Hah. It doesn't recognise the numbers I put in.... :? :lol: I am not going to worry about it. Just cross my fingers and pray :lol:
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

Site is going a bit funny again.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

PorFavor wrote:Goodnight, everyone.
Night PF :)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

ohsocynical wrote:
AngryAsWell wrote:
ohsocynical wrote: Can't believe it. Just had the hospital on the phone again. They gave him a gadget to check for sleep apanea last week. They've just rung and said he has yet another problem and they must see him on Thursday, so that'll be Tues, Wed, and Thurs this week at the hospital.

Hah. It doesn't recognise the numbers I put in.... :? :lol: I am not going to worry about it. Just cross my fingers and pray :lol:
How odd - sorry about that :(

Night PF :sleep:
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

AngryAsWell wrote:
StephenDolan wrote:From the AS blog

Others think it was a defeat -
Isabel Hardman’s blog on the Evel debate for Coffee House is well worth reading. Here’s her take on the significance of the result.
The result was 2 Ayes and 291 Noes. But as a motion, it doesn’t mean anything.

David Davis then raised a point of order in which he too said there hadn’t been enough time for debate and asked the Speaker for advice on ‘how we communicate that to the government?’. As a statement, that does mean something, more in fact than the motion. That’ll go down well with Number 10: and shows that anyone who thought governing with a majority of just 12 was going to be easy simply because the Tories had pulled off an election win was suffering from severe hubris.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blo ... e#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Looks like Ed gave another ace speech as well )
His speech is here:
http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/26 ... t=15:07:37
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

“Labour supports a lower benefit cap to ensure our welfare system is fair, affordable and rewards hard work,” said Ms Reeves.

Regardless of view the Chancellor lied about it only being applicable to the workless,the minority are jobseekers,rather than point that
out or indeed the series of lies emanating from that,they enjoin the deception.Worrying times indeed when both parties agree to deceive to this degree.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 73239.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Not only is the consensus smashed a new consensus is being constructed and it aint a pretty sight.IMHO
ephemerid
Speaker of the House

Post by ephemerid »

This is for Mr. and Mrs. OhSo - this is meant with the deepest of respect.

I am assuming you are attending the Royal Berkshire for all this.

If so, you can ring the PALS on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk and ask if they have hospital volunteers who offer lifts.
Lots of hospitals do - it's worth a try. They may also be able to arrange hospital or ambulance transport for you - something that the clinics really should have considered under the circumstances.

Also - Macmillan is not just for the end of life. These skilled nurses and case workers are there for anyone who has cancer at any point - Mr.OhSo has a definitive diagnosis and you have every right to ask for their help. At Royal Berks they are on 0118 322 8700.

They know a lot about benefits and other issues - both of you may well have entitlement to DLA (not PIP as you are both over 64) and you can be fast-tracked by Macmillan staff who a brilliant at it.
You are possibly entitled to help on the grounds of your eyesight; Mr.OhSo will certainly be entitled to support as he has cancer and is due to have treatment for it - this could help with the costs of all this, which your pensions alone are not designed for.

However independent you both are, there comes a time when you have to face up to the fact that maybe, just maybe, you need a bit more help now you are getting older and now that your incomes and abilities are changing.
It would appear that your lovely man is developing a few problems - or maybe they have been there for some time but there has been no way of knowing - but he must accept that he is poorly and ask for whatever help is available.

I have sent a PM and I hope you don't mind me saying all this. You do not have to worry in this way and you have paid all your life into a system that you now, through no fault of your own, have real need of. Use it.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence" - Mahatma Gandhi
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

"Spreading love "to ohsocynical and hubby.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Just to echo the good wishes to Ohso.

And yes, the site is a bit funny again.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Removal of child tax credits for more than two children for new claims.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Ian Katz ‏@iankatz1000 18m18 minutes ago
Breaking....@BBCAllegra reveals chancellor will tomorrow remove tax credits for more than two children saving £1.4bn http://bbc.in/1flgTS5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there anything left in this 'emergency' budget that hasn't been revealed already?

Anyway - I'm sure those hard working families that voted for Osborne's 'long term economic plan' will be thrilled to be such a big part of it ...
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Bloody hell HindleA. We've done it again ... snap cross posting.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Welsh Labour Press ‏@WelshLabPress 8h8 hours ago
BREAKING: Llanelli Plaid candidate says favourite campaign memory was Tory victory in 1992:
Eh?

Can anyone enlighten me?
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

Triplets?
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

HindleA wrote:“Labour supports a lower benefit cap to ensure our welfare system is fair, affordable and rewards hard work,” said Ms Reeves.

Regardless of view the Chancellor lied about it only being applicable to the workless,the minority are jobseekers,rather than point that
out or indeed the series of lies emanating from that,they enjoin the deception.Worrying times indeed when both parties agree to deceive to this degree.
Taking one line out of context and creating a sensationalist headline, the Indy prove once again that they are still tory supporters.

"Take social security spending, Labour supports the principle of a benefit cap to ensure our welfare system is fair, affordable and rewards hard work. But to make significant savings from social security we need a Budget to create more productive, high skilled, better paid jobs. Without this, cutting away support for low-paid workers, as this government plans, risks weakening work incentives and deepening the division and disadvantage that prevent us making the most of our country’s potential."

Full article

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... r-must-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

London estate agents caught on camera dealing with 'corrupt' Russian buyer
Channel 4 documentary shows agents in wealthy districts agreeing to continue with purchase to be made with ill-gotten gains from Russian health budget

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 ... sian-buyer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Despite being made aware they are dealing with ill-gotten gains, the estate agents agree to continue with a potential purchase. In several instances the estate agents recommend law firms to help a buyer hide his identity.

One estate agent names a “very, very good lawyer … the last person I put them was another minister of a previous Soviet state” in a deal worth £10m.

The estate agents suggest that in the capital secretive purchases of multimillion pound houses are common. One claims that 80% or more of his transactions are with international, overseas-based buyers and “50 or 60%” of them are conducted in “various stages of anonymity … whether it be through a company or an offshore trust”.

Those caught on camera include estate agents from high street chain Winkworth, central London specialist Marsh & Parsons which advertises itself under the slogan “The Only Way is Ethics”, Domus Nova, Chard, and Bective Leslie Marsh which have been used by fashion designers and actors.
And only yesterday I listened to a Radio 4 programme which featured a buyer who discovered his several increasing offers on a flat had never been put forward to the seller by the agent (a London branch of Barnard Marcus) - whilst the lucky / successful purchaser who had offered less happened to be arranging their mortgage through the estate agent and so earning them a hefty commission ...

I seem to remember figures a couple of years ago showing that a large number of newly created jobs were in estate agency. Isn't it nice to know the rebalancing of the economy is going so well via growth in such a valued and trusted profession ... sick bag needed.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

HindleA wrote:Triplets?
Eh?

And eh? again.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

AAW
I take your points.
It was a general depressive post,the cap is based on fundamental lies,never pointed out.Fundamental lies shouldn't form the basis of policies,hence the new consensus of deception point,given both agree to it.
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Austerity Has Failed: An Open Letter From Thomas Piketty to Angela Merkel

Five leading economists warn the German chancellor, “History will remember you for your actions this week.”

http://www.thenation.com/article/auster ... la-merkel/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

The two child tax credit policy of Chairman Osborne,multiple births exempt?
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

HindleA wrote:Removal of child tax credits for more than two children for new claims.
New claims - does that mean the Universal Credit 'new claim' not really new but it's a new system 'new claim'?
People with more than two little ones don't get child tax credits for their sibling(s), if any.
This seems hard & rude of the DWP. I don't dig it.
"Rachel Reeves, the shadow Work and Pensions Secretary, has said that Labour should set a target date for getting national debt back to its 40 per cent of GDP level before the 2007 financial crisis. It stands at more than 80 per cent today, so halving it would imply huge spending cuts."

- Andrew Grice
Independent Political Editor
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 73239.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't care for the author of this piece, HindleA.
...Labour will back Mr Osborne’s plans to reduce the £26,000 cap on the amount of benefits one family can claim in a year after sending conflicting signals on the issue.

“Labour supports a lower benefit cap to ensure our welfare system is fair, affordable and rewards hard work,” said Ms Reeves. But Labour has reservations about the Chancellor’s plans to cut tax credits which top up low incomes.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ukpolitics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Direct aid, subsidies, tax breaks – the hidden welfare budget we don’t debate
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I hit the button once, I tell you, just once.
Last edited by citizenJA on Tue 07 Jul, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohsocynical
Prime Minister

Post by ohsocynical »

ephemerid wrote:This is for Mr. and Mrs. OhSo - this is meant with the deepest of respect.

I am assuming you are attending the Royal Berkshire for all this.

If so, you can ring the PALS on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk and ask if they have hospital volunteers who offer lifts.
Lots of hospitals do - it's worth a try. They may also be able to arrange hospital or ambulance transport for you - something that the clinics really should have considered under the circumstances.

Also - Macmillan is not just for the end of life. These skilled nurses and case workers are there for anyone who has cancer at any point - Mr.OhSo has a definitive diagnosis and you have every right to ask for their help. At Royal Berks they are on 0118 322 8700.

They know a lot about benefits and other issues - both of you may well have entitlement to DLA (not PIP as you are both over 64) and you can be fast-tracked by Macmillan staff who a brilliant at it.
You are possibly entitled to help on the grounds of your eyesight; Mr.OhSo will certainly be entitled to support as he has cancer and is due to have treatment for it - this could help with the costs of all this, which your pensions alone are not designed for.

However independent you both are, there comes a time when you have to face up to the fact that maybe, just maybe, you need a bit more help now you are getting older and now that your incomes and abilities are changing.
It would appear that your lovely man is developing a few problems - or maybe they have been there for some time but there has been no way of knowing - but he must accept that he is poorly and ask for whatever help is available.

I have sent a PM and I hope you don't mind me saying all this. You do not have to worry in this way and you have paid all your life into a system that you now, through no fault of your own, have real need of. Use it.
Bless you.
I did ask about transport when Mr Ohso was first diagnosed and the nurse I spoke to said we'd have to go through our doctor for it. They're not very helpful, so they'll be last resort.
I finally got my eyes fixed, so I wouldn't qualify now. But I suspect we shall need some help. Being nearer to a hospital was what prompted us to apply for sheltered accommodation back in Reading, but we're still seventh on the list.
It's been two years since we applied but I guess we should have done it earlier.

I've PM'd you back.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Soup Kitchen in Porto.jpg
Soup Kitchen in Porto.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 18011 times
Alex Andreou ‏@sturdyAlex 17m17 minutes ago
This isn't a queue at an Athens ATM, but a soup kitchen last night in Porto. Portugal did all the "right things".