FlyTheNest

A haven
It is currently Fri 25 May, 2018 5:24 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Monday 14th May 2018.
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:39 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 20000
Has thanked: 16728 times
Been thanked: 29635 times
Morning

In back garden in underwear.I didn't get to where I'm not today by wearing excess clothes
The dressing gown is on holiday in Cuba


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:54 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 20000
Has thanked: 16728 times
Been thanked: 29635 times
Complex rules for universal credit see one in five claims fail




https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... oo-complex


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5764
Has thanked: 1941 times
Been thanked: 9585 times
David Miliband is trending on Twitter :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5764
Has thanked: 1941 times
Been thanked: 9585 times
I mean don't get me wrong, he has an opinion and insight to offer on Brexit, but of course it's being portrayed as the saviour from over the water coming to sort Labour out.

I hope he takes the chance to say Labour are doing their best in a difficult situation and that it's the Tories who are a shambles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 20000
Has thanked: 16728 times
Been thanked: 29635 times
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... vulnerable


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:55 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 20000
Has thanked: 16728 times
Been thanked: 29635 times
https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... rity-warns


Deaf children losing out as English councils cut support, charity warns


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5764
Has thanked: 1941 times
Been thanked: 9585 times
Some good moaning on Twitter about the wall to wall appearances by the Tax Payers' Alliance on the BBC recently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
Foreign Secretary

Joined: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 1513
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 3061 times
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
I hope he takes the chance to say Labour are doing their best in a difficult situation and that it's the Tories who are a shambles.


And I would like a pony.

_________________
we are healthy to the extent that our ideas are humane


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4668
Has thanked: 9904 times
Been thanked: 11614 times
Strangely, for a supposed ultra democratic expression of "the people's will", the EU referendum is threatening to have the biggest impact on people who didn't get a vote, such as long time ex-pats living in the EU, EU citizens settled in the UK and a group of people hitherto completely forgotten:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... ssion=true

Quote:
Brexit: Falkland Islands government sounds alarm on leaving single market
EU is destination for vast majority of territory’s exports


While the rest of us have been told our wellbeing for at least the next 10 years is irrelevant, presumably the wellbeing of Falkland Islanders is irrelevant, fullstop?!

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
Good-morning, everyone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
Foreign Secretary

Joined: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 1513
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 3061 times
Quote:
Israel has warned Gaza’s residents that their lives will be in danger if they take part in a mass rally planned to protest against the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem later on Monday.

From the guardian

_________________
we are healthy to the extent that our ideas are humane


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
Foreign Secretary

Joined: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 1513
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 3061 times
Willow904 wrote:
Strangely, for a supposed ultra democratic expression of "the people's will", the EU referendum is threatening to have the biggest impact on people who didn't get a vote, such as long time ex-pats living in the EU, EU citizens settled in the UK and a group of people hitherto completely forgotten:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... ssion=true

Quote:
Brexit: Falkland Islands government sounds alarm on leaving single market
EU is destination for vast majority of territory’s exports


While the rest of us have been told our wellbeing for at least the next 10 years is irrelevant, presumably the wellbeing of Falkland Islanders is irrelevant, fullstop?!


Gibraltar too. Maybe there's something about being more British than the British that also makes you more European than the British.

_________________
we are healthy to the extent that our ideas are humane


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
searching through historical records and legislation for mechanisms available for non-violent peoples wanting rid of bad, broken government
ritual chanting may be involved


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
adam wrote:
Quote:
Israel has warned Gaza’s residents that their lives will be in danger if they take part in a mass rally planned to protest against the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem later on Monday.

From the guardian
How rude
I advise Israel and the US to reconsider their plans and choose a better course of action respecting lives and the well-being of everyone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:13 am 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2245
Has thanked: 5305 times
Been thanked: 5342 times
adam wrote:
PaulfromYorkshire wrote:
I hope he takes the chance to say Labour are doing their best in a difficult situation and that it's the Tories who are a shambles.


And I would like a pony.

On BBCNews24 just now he was saying something about the Lords being ahead of the party leadership. :roll:

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2245
Has thanked: 5305 times
Been thanked: 5342 times
I'm not sure Nicky Morgan had thought this through.

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2245
Has thanked: 5305 times
Been thanked: 5342 times
Ian Birrell


@ianbirrell
Follow Follow @ianbirrell
More
I agree with much of what David Miliband says on Brexit. But sadly his ego & ambition stops him seeing that he symbolises so many of the things that drove people to back withdrawal & still corrode politics

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:20 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4668
Has thanked: 9904 times
Been thanked: 11614 times
adam wrote:
Willow904 wrote:
Strangely, for a supposed ultra democratic expression of "the people's will", the EU referendum is threatening to have the biggest impact on people who didn't get a vote, such as long time ex-pats living in the EU, EU citizens settled in the UK and a group of people hitherto completely forgotten:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... ssion=true

Quote:
Brexit: Falkland Islands government sounds alarm on leaving single market
EU is destination for vast majority of territory’s exports


While the rest of us have been told our wellbeing for at least the next 10 years is irrelevant, presumably the wellbeing of Falkland Islanders is irrelevant, fullstop?!


Gibraltar too. Maybe there's something about being more British than the British that also makes you more European than the British.


Gibraltar did at least get a vote, for all the good it did them. Like Northern Ireland, though, the weight of their vote completely failed to reflect the much greater impact of a Brexit decision on them in particular. It's not like this problem wasn't highlighted during the debate to hold a referendum. Which is why I'm still angry at Labour for supporting it.

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7306
Has thanked: 730 times
Been thanked: 15919 times
gilsey wrote:
Ian Birrell


@ianbirrell
Follow Follow @ianbirrell
More
I agree with much of what David Miliband says on Brexit. But sadly his ego & ambition stops him seeing that he symbolises so many of the things that drove people to back withdrawal & still corrode politics


And its a former speechwriter for Cameron who gets it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:33 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4668
Has thanked: 9904 times
Been thanked: 11614 times
Quite significant, I think:

https://euobserver.com/tickers/141798

Quote:
Norway is open to the UK joining the European Economic Area after Brexit, prime minister Erna Solberg has said in an interview with the Financial Times. "I think we will cope very well if the Brits come in. It will give bargaining power on our side too," she added. The House of Lords voted last week in favour of the so-called 'Norway option' for staying in the single market.

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
citizenJA wrote:
adam wrote:
Quote:
Israel has warned Gaza’s residents that their lives will be in danger if they take part in a mass rally planned to protest against the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem later on Monday.

From the guardian
How rude
I advise Israel and the US to reconsider their plans and choose a better course of action respecting lives and the well-being of everyone
I'm not being flippant. Bad decisions made and dangerous action threatened requires unequivocal, simple, non-violent responses. I'm not suggesting those responses are all that's necessary.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:40 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7306
Has thanked: 730 times
Been thanked: 15919 times
gilsey wrote:
I'm not sure Nicky Morgan had thought this through.


What is this about?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline
Speaker of the House

Joined: Thu 28 Aug, 2014 9:51 am
Posts: 2245
Has thanked: 5305 times
Been thanked: 5342 times
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
gilsey wrote:
I'm not sure Nicky Morgan had thought this through.


What is this about?

Getting together with DMiliband and Clegg, that's all.

_________________
One world, like it or not - John Martyn


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7306
Has thanked: 730 times
Been thanked: 15919 times
Ah, of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 11:02 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:40 pm
Posts: 20000
Has thanked: 16728 times
Been thanked: 29635 times
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/ ... den-crisis


Housing and disabled people: Britain's hidden crisis


EHRC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 18 Sep, 2014 1:40 pm
Posts: 4668
Has thanked: 9904 times
Been thanked: 11614 times
gilsey wrote:
AnatolyKasparov wrote:
gilsey wrote:
I'm not sure Nicky Morgan had thought this through.


What is this about?

Getting together with DMiliband and Clegg, that's all.


I think she's already blotted her copybook as far as little Englander Tory leave voters are concerned, so perhaps she feels she's nothing to lose by going all out liberal pro-remain. Especially as it seems she's already getting abuse for her position, anyway:

Quote:
Adam Payne
@adampayne26
Nicky Morgan says in 3 weeks time she’ll be in court over a death threat she received for voting against government. Adds that it’s not treachery to point out that Brexit is not going well and will harm Britain.


https://mobile.twitter.com/adampayne26/ ... 2633375746

_________________
“Find a nice, self sufficient hilltop, and fortify it.” - The Kraken Wakes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 6996
Has thanked: 4328 times
Been thanked: 16279 times
Morning all.

Up early to go into school and check on SATs admin. Papers still in their packaging locked in a cupboard in a locked room...in the basement.

Then to a check up for 'er indoors. All fine. next appointment in 3 months.

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 1:30 pm 
Offline
Foreign Secretary

Joined: Wed 27 Aug, 2014 8:15 pm
Posts: 1513
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 3061 times

_________________
we are healthy to the extent that our ideas are humane


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5764
Has thanked: 1941 times
Been thanked: 9585 times
Groan squared :roll:
Quote:
When David Miliband fled to New York to run the International Rescue Committee, he cannot have imagined his old country would be most in need of his services

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nomic-area

david-miliband-theresa-may-brexit-tory-european-economic-area


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 3:55 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7306
Has thanked: 730 times
Been thanked: 15919 times
Well it is Simon "wrong about everything" Jenkins tbf :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10914
Has thanked: 27238 times
Been thanked: 15418 times
AmnestyInternational‏
Verified account
@amnesty

We are witnessing an abhorrent violation of international law & human rights in #Gaza. 38 confirmed dead, including 6 children, with close to 2000 people injured. Many are reporting injuries to the head and chest. Over 500 injured with live ammunition. This must end immediately.

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Tue 26 Aug, 2014 11:18 am
Posts: 10017
Has thanked: 19484 times
Been thanked: 17806 times
Yitzhak Rabin must be spinning in his grave.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:26 pm
Posts: 7306
Has thanked: 730 times
Been thanked: 15919 times
PorFavor wrote:
Yitzhak Rabin must be spinning in his grave.


Worse, looks like his assassin got much (if not all) of what he wanted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 6996
Has thanked: 4328 times
Been thanked: 16279 times
Well quite.

Quote:
David Schneider

Verified account

@davidschneider
1h1 hour ago
More
Alt right: “Snowflake! Cuck! Remoaner! Libtard! Beta! SJW! Triggered!”

Left: “Gammon!”

Alt right: “How dare you call people names!"


These are the same people wh are fully behind free speech with no exceptions as well I would imagine.

_________________
FTN's supplier of tedious, pedantic education policy waffle; and Pedant-in-Chief generally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10914
Has thanked: 27238 times
Been thanked: 15418 times
Guy Verhofstadt
‏Verified account
@guyverhofstadt

43 killed & 1800 wounded in a few hours is pure atrocity! Throwing matches into a powder keg for the sake of symbolism & regressing moves towards peaceful solution is how POTUS conceives his policy in the #MiddleEast. This is not the way to pursue peace

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10914
Has thanked: 27238 times
Been thanked: 15418 times
Jim Waterson
‏Verified account
@jimwaterson

Press regulation is back back back! The House of Lords has just rejected the verdict of the House of Commons and voted by 252 to 213 to establish a new Leveson-style public inquiry into the conduct of the media. Now MPs will have to vote *again*.

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
ohsocynical wrote:
AmnestyInternational‏
Verified account
@amnesty

We are witnessing an abhorrent violation of international law & human rights in #Gaza. 38 confirmed dead, including 6 children, with close to 2000 people injured. Many are reporting injuries to the head and chest. Over 500 injured with live ammunition. This must end immediately.
I know
jesus christ almighty


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 3118
Location: Wombwell, United Kingdom
Has thanked: 838 times
Been thanked: 5532 times
Just, wow.

Quote:
LFI @_LFI

Tragic events on the Gazan border; all civilian deaths are regrettable. Hamas must accept responsibility for these events. Their successful attempt to hijack peaceful protest as cover to attack Israeli border communities must be condemned by all who seek peace in the Middle East.
4:31 PM - May 14, 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10914
Has thanked: 27238 times
Been thanked: 15418 times
Donald Trump makes no secret of the fact that he has no use for subject-matter experts. By all appearances, the president is especially indifferent to the judgment of scholars and authorities in matters of foreign policy.

The Washington Post had an interesting piece last week on Trump’s approach to international affairs, which is driven by his confidence in a “gut-driven” approach that he sees as effective, despite experts’ warnings. In particular, his decision to relocate the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem is, in Trump’s mind, a great example of his wisdom.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... pts-israel

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
Peace isn't kept using violence


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:22 pm
Posts: 3118
Location: Wombwell, United Kingdom
Has thanked: 838 times
Been thanked: 5532 times
Quote:
May defeated in Lords as peers back new Leveson-style press inquiry by majority of 39

The government has lost the vote by 252 votes to 213 - a majority of 39. That means have voted in favour a new Leveson-style press inquiry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
Lord Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 740
Has thanked: 3459 times
Been thanked: 1353 times
refitman wrote:
Just, wow.

Quote:
LFI @_LFI

Tragic events on the Gazan border; all civilian deaths are regrettable. Hamas must accept responsibility for these events. Their successful attempt to hijack peaceful protest as cover to attack Israeli border communities must be condemned by all who seek peace in the Middle East.
4:31 PM - May 14, 2018

Perhaps the LFI should demonstrate outside parliament against those Evil Leftwing and FAUX Humanitarian people who condemn Israel's disproportionate use of force ?

They MUST be antisemitic, mustn't they ? Let's have a supporting demo !! We could invite Chuka (Boo!) and David Lammy ( see what we did ? )

For some time I've been quietly seething at the LP's lack of reaction to all the smears . Extraordinarily unimaginative . Grrr !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
Lord Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 740
Has thanked: 3459 times
Been thanked: 1353 times
refitman wrote:
Quote:
May defeated in Lords as peers back new Leveson-style press inquiry by majority of 39

The government has lost the vote by 252 votes to 213 - a majority of 39. That means have voted in favour a new Leveson-style press inquiry.

Absolutely BRILLIANT !

OK, I haven't read the small print!, but it does look rather good ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10914
Has thanked: 27238 times
Been thanked: 15418 times
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Big week next week when the American Embassy in Israel will be moved to Jerusalem. Congratulations to all!

Translate Trump
@TranslateRealDT

Big week next week when I defy the United Nations and move the American Embassy to a disputed city in a volatile region on a specific date when tensions are most inflamed. And then invite a man who called Islam a "cult" to give the opening prayer.

What could possibly go wrong?Translate Trump added,

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 8:10 pm
Posts: 10914
Has thanked: 27238 times
Been thanked: 15418 times
David Lammy

Verified account

@DavidLammy

Shocking and unacceptable. @emmadentcoad tells Parliament that a fourth food bank is opening in the Grenfell area. In the richest borough in the country with a council that has £ millions in reserves. A shocking indictment of a broken system.


5:01 PM - 14 May 2018

_________________
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. – Aesop


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
Prime Minister
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11 Sep, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 14527
Has thanked: 80701 times
Been thanked: 13379 times
goodnight, everyone
love,
cJA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline
Lord Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 740
Has thanked: 3459 times
Been thanked: 1353 times
ohsocynical wrote:
David Lammy

Verified account

@DavidLammy

Shocking and unacceptable. @emmadentcoad tells Parliament that a fourth food bank is opening in the Grenfell area. In the richest borough in the country with a council that has £ millions in reserves. A shocking indictment of a broken system.


5:01 PM - 14 May 2018

Perhaps we should ask him WHY he demonstrated so enthusiastically beside the "Labour Friends of Israel" ONLY the other day ( nothing to do with declared £ contributions), and I'd be very surprised, today, if he minded that much about a few hundred shot rag-heads .

Of course, finding an equivalence between being 'dead', and having one's sensibilities wounded by some sort of antisemitic slur is EXACTLY equivalent !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5764
Has thanked: 1941 times
Been thanked: 9585 times
frog222 wrote:
ohsocynical wrote:
David Lammy

Verified account

@DavidLammy

Shocking and unacceptable. @emmadentcoad tells Parliament that a fourth food bank is opening in the Grenfell area. In the richest borough in the country with a council that has £ millions in reserves. A shocking indictment of a broken system.


5:01 PM - 14 May 2018

Perhaps we should ask him WHY he demonstrated so enthusiastically beside the "Labour Friends of Israel" ONLY the other day ( nothing to do with declared £ contributions), and I'd be very surprised, today, if he minded that much about a few hundred shot rag-heads .

Of course, finding an equivalence between being 'dead', and having one's sensibilities wounded by some sort of antisemitic slur is EXACTLY equivalent !

Terribly challenging events. We do need to remember this is a public forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
Lord Chancellor

Joined: Sun 29 Nov, 2015 1:24 pm
Posts: 740
Has thanked: 3459 times
Been thanked: 1353 times
Paul -- of course you are right in reminding me to cool down !

My own position on the LFI is that they are the English equivalents of the French Crif and the American AIPAC .

Those I call the "Israel Firsters" are the same tribalist deplorables who believe tax-cutting will produce Free Health Care for all .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 14 May, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon 25 Aug, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 5764
Has thanked: 1941 times
Been thanked: 9585 times
frog222 wrote:
Paul -- of course you are right in reminding me to cool down !

My own position on the LFI is that they are the English equivalents of the French Crif and the American AIPAC .

Those I call the "Israel Firsters" are the same tribalist deplorables who believe tax-cutting will produce Free Health Care for all .

Thanks frog

One thing for sure, the Palestinian kids who were killed today were not to blame for any of this.

PTO


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group