Thursday 5th August 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 5th August 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 5th August 2021

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Funny that thongs start to happen when names like Elton John and Ed Sheeran get involved isn't it? They stop whining that it's all the fault of the EU and start doing spomething.

UK musicians to be able to tour visa-free in 19 EU countries

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other
Rules that came into force at the beginning of the year do not guarantee visa-free travel for musicians in the EU and have prompted fears that touring artists will incur large fees in many of the countries they visit.

However, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) said it had negotiated with 19 EU member state countries to allow British musicians and performers to conduct short tours visa-free.

These countries are: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Sweden.
Wasn't it Truss that was ridiculed when she was so chuffed to announce this for about 4 countries where musicians hardly ever go or where you would have had to travel across others to get to them?
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Wasn't one of those 4 countries Liechtenstein, or am I thinking of something else?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

AK - it could be one her world-beating trade deals ?

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Looking like this one might actually have some legs.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Hello nesters.
Excellent to see reporting in from both serial reprobates yesterday.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

Dominic Cummings: Carrie was driving Boris Johnson crackers

Oliver Wright, Policy Editor
Thursday August 05 2021, 12.01am BST, The Times
” Dominic Cummings launched another broadside against Boris Johnson’s wife, Carrie, yesterday — claiming the prime minister told him she was driving him “crackers” and wanted to get her a job “with lots of foreign travel”.

Johnson’s former adviser also said the prime minister had suggested Cummings could be in line for a peerage when he left Downing Street last November and regarded himself as “the king” who deliberately presided over “chaos” in No 10.

Cummings’s comments, in an interview with The Spectator, are the latest in a string of claims he has made against Johnson’s wife, who was instrumental in his ousting. ”
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/domi ... -5mlk3frt5

FIRST LOL of the day 🙂 :D :D
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 05 Aug, 2021 10:24 am Wasn't one of those 4 countries Liechtenstein, or am I thinking of something else?
Yes it was. I believe that Norway was too.
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

If anything its become even more ridiculous since the Mirror Group bought it out.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

"The British government was one of the “biggest supporters” of EU plans to require non-EU nationals to obtain authorisation and pay a fee to enter the bloc’s passport-free travel zone, the Guardian has learned.

David Cameron’s government backed the idea when it was floated by the European Commission in April 2016, three months before the EU referendum, when few foresaw the €7 (£5.95) fee would one day hit British travellers.

Brexit supporters reacted with fury this week when the commission said plans for a European travel information and authorisation system (Etias) were on track to come into force for travellers in late 2022." (Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ter-europe
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Further to RogerOThornhill's post (above), this comes as no surprise:

"Trade bodies and unions representing British musicians have expressed frustration at a government announcement on European work visas that they say changes nothing.

Musicians and performers continue to accuse the government of ignoring their plight by failing to negotiate any Brexit deal that would reinstate the previous visa-free working arrangements.

The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) this week released a statement headlined: “Visa-free short-term touring allowed in 19 member states.”It said following discussions with every EU member state it could confirm that performers did not need visas or work permits for short-term tours in 19 countries.

It was interpreted by some as a step forward. But David Martin, the chief executive of the Featured Artists Coalition, said it changed nothing. “We knew all this in January. The idea that the government has done something fantastic or that it has won some concessions is not correct. The announcement is not new information to the music industry.”" (Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ies-brexit
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Fingers crossed she'll be deselected at the next election.

RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

This is rather funny...

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

1) gulf stream likely to collapse in 10-50 years
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... m-collapse

2) Boris (a man with several children) will allow new oil field in the North Sea https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-c ... 97638.html

What really is the point? The psychopaths are completely in control now.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

On the other hand I enjoyed the men's skateboard finals and climbing extravaganza on the telly an hour or so ago
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Decathletes also look quite cool/friendly with each other.
Unlike some hockey teams: https://www.thehockeypaper.co.uk/articl ... utch-stars
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I feel a vermouth or two coming on.
Well why not?
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Thu 05 Aug, 2021 4:57 pm 1) gulf stream likely to collapse in 10-50 years
What really is the point? The psychopaths are completely in control now.
The article does also point out it could be several centuries, if I read it right ? Anyhow I'm all for a shake-up on environment policy, Green New Deal, but I can't see any leadership coming from Starmer on that or anything else .

This one got to me

I saw somewhere on twitter that the Irish are at last doing something on cleaning up the air in classrooms, which I haven't seen anything of in England OR France .
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Just for the record, Starmer endorsed basically the Corbyn policy on GND only the other day.
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 05 Aug, 2021 7:09 pm Just for the record, Starmer endorsed basically the Corbyn policy on GND only the other day.
I wonder what that is worth ? IIRC he refused to confirm anything on the details !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I see that the Graun has finally published an obituary for Dawn Foster, took them a while.

Signifcant internal opposition to doing it, almost certainly.