Thursday 29th July 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Thursday 29th July 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Speaker of the House

Re: Thursday 29th July 2021

Post by frog222 »

Morning RFM
This is intriguing --
Opinion | Is Antisemitism Racism?
Israel's foreign minister writes: We need to lower the level of hysteria over criticism. Not everyone who opposes Israel’s policy in the Gaza Strip is antisemitic Yair Lapid Jul. 26, 2021
The speech I gave before the Global Forum for Combating Antisemitism earlier this month in Jerusalem has provoked unusual uproar. As I see it, the furor is surfacing too late. Reports gauging hatred of the Jews in the world are unprecedented and horrifying. The year 2019 set a record for the number of hate crimes directed at Jews, and 2020 did not witness a drop in the figures, despite the coronavirus pandemic (which even generated a new blood libel, to the effect that the pandemic was being deliberately spread by the Jews). And it’s already clear that the data for 2021 will surpass those of the two previous years
That headline certainly goes against the all too widespread confounding of legitimate criticism and AS, an example of deliberate bad faith by some and plain sloppy thinking by others . Worth having a further look at that Global Forum, but I've got to get busy now .
PS forgot this - https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premiu ... 1.10033287
Saw this too --
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premiu ... 1.10047127
Lively debate !
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

And they said getting Bibi out of power would make no difference (same with Trump)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

God I hate Openreach. A week with no dial tone on my landline and crippled internet and it turns out they knew there was a major fault at the local exchange but didn't tell my ISP who were trying to fix my problems but were as clueless about what was going on as I was. Days wasted waiting for engineers who it turns out were never going to show up, hours wasted dicking about changing cables, resetting the router, wandering the streets looking for suspicious roadworks, I even had to move the fridge freezer to get to the phone master socket, all a complete fucking waste of time.

Because you see if Openreach report a fault then they have to pay compensation to the ISP's who then pay compensation to their customers, at least that's how it's supposed to work. It's all supposed to be automatic. However, after finally getting past the front line of call centre staff and talking to a proper technician at my ISP today, it turns out that Openreach regularly lie, obfuscate and bullshit for as long as they can get away with it before admitting a fault for the obvious reason that they have to pay less money, and because they're a monopoly there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

The good news is now they've admitted the fault they seem to have stabilised it so my routers not resetting the connection every few minutes (or seconds) as it had been previously, albeit my broadband's running at about a third the speed it should be, but at least it works.

I'd complain to Ofcom, but honestly, what would be the point?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Well, thank you for showing up.

Where has everyone been today?
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

One world, like it or not - John Martyn
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 29 Jul, 2021 10:05 pmWhere has everyone been today?
I've no idea, I'd have been able to tell you if my plan to infect everyone with Israeli spyware using pictures of bees hadn't proved to be so ineffectual.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

gilsey wrote: Thu 29 Jul, 2021 10:40 pm
Picking targets like the RNLI and England football team is hopefully a sign that the full time culture warriors are starting to struggle.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

And yes Refitman, the dressage was better than the skateboarding.

Because of one moment.

When one of the British lasses and her horse were doing their routine it stopped and had a poo and the posh commentator said, 'Oh that's a shame, it's released some droppings.'

It probably took me a good ten minutes before I regained my composure and wiped the tears of laughter from my eyes.

As far as I'm aware none of the skateboarders released droppings.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 29 Jul, 2021 10:56 pmPicking targets like the RNLI and England football team is hopefully a sign that the full time culture warriors are starting to struggle.
Attacking the England football team worked with their supporters, see what's happening in the U.S with their women's football team, but there does seem to be an understanding, at least in this country, that attacking volunteers who risk their lives is beyond a moral rubicon.

Farage et al seem to think they can take the U.S political template and apply it here, but besides a few superficial similarities what does a shopfitter in Dewsbury have in common with a shopfitter in Phoenix?

Financially I'd say quite a lot, but culturally next to nothing.

It's curious, we've been watching American TV and film for nigh on a century, we've retained our cultural identity in all that time, and yet along comes Twitter and idiots think it matters.