Monday 18th October 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Monday 18th October 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Re: Monday 18th October 2021

Post by tinyclanger2 »

PR = yes definitely.
One Clanger One vote.
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

"One person, one vote, one time" :)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Help, I'm being questioned by the plebs.

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Oh, fancy that.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

UK lab investigated for false negative Covid tests is not fully accredited.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... accredited
The private laboratory that is under investigation for potentially issuing more than 40,000 false negative Covid tests was not fully accredited to perform the work, contrary to assurances made by health officials.

The UK’s independent accreditation service, Ukas, told the Guardian on Monday that neither Immensa Health Clinics Ltd nor its sister company, Dante Labs, had ever been accredited by the service, and that it had informed the Department of Health that statements suggesting otherwise were incorrect.

Announcing the investigation into Immensa on Friday, Dr Jenny Harries, the chief executive of the UK Health Security Agency, said the lab was “accredited to all of the appropriate standards”.
Well bugger me sideways, Jenny Harries has been talking out of her arse again.
frog222
Speaker of the House

Post by frog222 »

Well bugger me sideways, Jenny Harries has been talking out of her arse again.
In earlier times her obvious incompetence would have meant her quiet demotion, now as with Typhoid Dido they try to promote them, and it's worked in Harries' case .

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we have our weekly incidence rate for La Manche département in Lower Normandy. Last Tuesday it was 11.4/100K, a decrease from the week before at 14, and the week before that at 17.

Of course it could reverse, primary kids are now (at long last) unmasked ! But we'll see .

For anyone labouring under the insane (Oakeshottian) delusion that masks don't work, Trisha Greenhalgh has an 82 post twitter on that one.

Meanwhile , in England

And don't break a leg or hip , you may wait half a day for an ambulance . And another half to be seen in A&E.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

The applause in the Commons today was a bit tacky I thought, making Southend a city is a nice touch though.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Boris Johnson sees to it that Southend gets to be a city. Will Priti Patel bring back hanging as her own memorial gesture?
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

That's not just up to her personal whim, fortunately.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

David Amess was a pompous arrogant arsehole with some deeply unpleasant views and now I see his best mate Mark Francois is exploiting his death in an attempt to remove our right to online anonymity.

Despite the best efforts of our MPs and the BBC I won't be forgetting what a sneering unpleasant prick Amess could be, expecially during a brexit debate I remember where he spent the whole thing rudely patronising and talking down to teenagers.

The man didn't deserve to die the way he did, but this entirely dishonest canonisation of him as an amiable friend to all men is beginning to piss me off.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Yes, me too. It's totally over the top although, as you correctly point out, he didn't deserve to die the way that he did.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

He probably did mellow a bit in old age tbf (as is not that uncommon really) He was strongly pro-Brexit and loved Thatcher, yeah. But he was also once one of a very small minority of Tory MPs who consistently voted for anti-hunting legislation during the Blair years.

And I think a lot of tributes from the opposition benches were pretty genuine in a way these things aren't quite always.

Night night all.