Tuesday 19th October 2021

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Tuesday 19th October 2021

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Re: Tuesday 19th October 2021

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Good morefternoon to all, anything happening?
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

v high levels of covid transmission are going on.
I was thinking about it this morning. I am legally allowed to do a parachute jump, but nothing except a genuine emergency would encourage me to do one. I feel the same about dropping covid measures. We're legally allowed to do it but doesn it make sense.

The problem with my analogy is that other people doing parachute jumps has no direct effect on me (unless of course someone somehow manages to land on me).
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Isn't this still mostly amongst younger people, though? Where it will do the least harm, in other words.

The shortcomings of this government have been well rehearsed, its worth noting other countries having similar problems though.

(despite having more restrictions still in place in some cases, too)
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

The harm is the continued uncontrolled transmission, including to doubled jabbed people who may not have as strong immune systems as others.

(Am not talking about the government, am talking about the population. The people doing the parachute jumping.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ta-variant
We shouldn’t be blaming the virus for what is going on in the UK,” said Gupta. “It is because we have fundamentally failed to control transmission, and that is because kids are vulnerable, they have not been vaccinated, they are back at school, they are spreading virus among themselves and they are feeding it into their families.”
For example.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Sorry. Didn't mean to summon the tumbleweed.

:tumble

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Get with the times TC2!

Didn't you know it's now completely normal to have a hundred thousand kids a week infected with a virus that could cause them permanent organ damage including their brains?

Aren't you aware that a thousand deaths a week is perfectly acceptable and nowhere near as bad as asking people to wear a bit of cloth on their face?

Has it completely passed you by that NHS officials, doctors and scientists are now dangerous scaremongers who should be ignored unless they've got something positive to say.

Aren't you proud of the fact that we have by far the highest infection rate in Europe, dwarfing those of our nearest competitors?

Doesn't it fill you with confidence to know that our government is 'keeping an eye on things' while doing absolutely nothing?

Are your spirits not raised when those they promote to protect us are caught lying through their teeth?

What's wrong with you man? Get yourself out there and have some of that sweet Coronavirus. Breathe it in deep, drink it, have it in a sandwich, it's your duty as an Englishman to take part in this grand experiment. Those damn foreigners need to be told once and for all that England knows best, even if it means shouting it from than atop a pile of corpses.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

(I suppose a Chastened Clanger emoticon is out of the question ...?)
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Tue 19 Oct, 2021 8:48 pm Sorry. Didn't mean to summon the tumbleweed.
It could be worse, due to my lax spelling when I was summoning Satan last week someone called Stan turned up. He kept going on about his wife Hilda and I must admit it did ring a bell from the 70's at my gran's house but I wasn't in the mood so before you could say Dennis Wheatley I cast him back into the depths of Hell.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Tue 19 Oct, 2021 9:18 pm (I suppose a Chastened Clanger emoticon is out of the question ...?)
By all means, feel free. However my problem would be that while Clangers obviously have a wide range of emotions they are limited in their expression of them. For example extra-terrestrial anthropologists have attempted to ascribe the jerky arm waving snouts in the air behaviour variously as happiness, confusion, terror, and needing the toilet.

If 'chastened' could be narrowed down to a specific snout angle it would be a great step forward, especially if the accompanying swanee whistle tone could be identified.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I would conjecture that your extra-terrestrial anthropologists failed to acquire the services of an appropriate local expert. For a start Clanger's don't feel terror and (like Canadians) will not (and certainly not in public) acknowledge even the existence of toilets.

Further, "chastened" would involve a degree of lower paw-crossing as well as a downward snout angle of between 35 and 45 degrees to (or is it from) the perpendicular.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Fascinating.

According to the literature a certain Soup Dragon was employed as a local expert but went on a rampage after tasting an Ainsley Harriot cup a soup that a researcher had brought from Tesco. It refused to cooperate further and went into hibernation in disgust.

This led to the drying up of the soup wells. Many Clangers died. Their lower paws crossed and snouts drooping.

Despite being creatures unable to comprehend their own demise they sang a hym.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Seriously though why should we put up with this? Why the fuck should my brother be told by Public Health England that his pupils aren't catching Covid19 in his classroom. He knows it's a lie, we know it's a lie, and yet teachers are expected to just carry on as if they aren't being gaslighted.

Make a fuss and say goodbye to any further employment and your pension.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »