Thursday 19th May 2022

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Thursday 19th May 2022

Post by Willow904 »

Morning All
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Re: Thursday 19th May 2022

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.
[Kit]Malthouse said that the idea that an economic shock would automatically lead to an increase in theft was “old-fashioned thinking”. (Guardian - my emphasis)

The UK: at the forefront of modern, cutting edge poverty.

I won't mention Nadine Dorries' latest. It's my right to know when I'm defeated by a superior intellect.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

10m ago
Boris Johnson told by Met he will not be receiving any further fines over Partygate (Guardian)
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Which perhaps indicates that Starmer made a good bet.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

Starmer aiming to lose the LGBTQ+ vote too?

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I would take anything that group claims with a pinch of salt tbh.
refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

One hell of a Freudian slip by Dubya there.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

The only time I've been accused of benefit fraud it was my own advisor at the job centre who made the accusation (without telling me of course). I had my payments stopped until the investigation was completed, which took eleven weeks. The 'compliance officer' came round to my flat, had a look around, asked a few questions, and then told me my advisor was responsible. He shouldn't have done that but he was so pissed off about her screwing me over without a shred of evidence that he let it slip accidentally on purpose. When I confronted her about it she was unrepentant and blamed me for 'giving her cheek'. I made a formal complaint in writing, got a stock response back, and as far as I'm aware she faced no disciplinary action whatsoever.

It would be insane to give sadists like her the power of arrest and she's very far from being alone.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

I have been quite fortunate in that my advisors were all decent people, probably being officially designated as on the spectrum helped too.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

AnatolyKasparov wrote: Thu 19 May, 2022 10:36 pm I have been quite fortunate in that my advisors were all decent people, probably being officially designated as on the spectrum helped too.
Lucky you. I'd moved from ESA to JSA voluntarily with the thought of finding work and had been told my mental health problems would be taken into account by any advisor then that happened almost immediately. Needless to say I went straight back onto ESA. It was appalling.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

QT review.

Yaaaawwwwnnn. It really was a tedious affair this evening. With an unusually quiescent Scouse audience and a particularly bland panel.

For the Tories we had Lucy Frazer who said nothing of any interest whatsoever. I suppose she does deserve some credit for being the first Tory for quite a while not to be mocked by the audience but that was only as a result of being so unutterably dull. I can't remember a single thing she said...oh wait yes I can, she claimed everyone on Universal Credit would be £1000 better off this year. So not only dreary but dishonest.

For Labour we had Lucy Powell who wasn't much better. This Lucy wasn't as boring as her counterpart but she can't half waffle and it did her no favours. On a number of occasions if she'd just stuck to the point she'd have got a hearty round of applause but evidently something in her head was telling her to just keep talking, even when she forgot what she was talking about, so she ended up looking like she had a poor grasp of details and at least a mild case of verbal diarrhoea. She reminded me of drunk me.

For the SNP we had Alyn Smith. He did ok, especially when it came to pointing out we're not going to 'move on' from Johnson's lawbreaking and other aberrant behaviours, but once again I'd ask why an SNP MP was on a panel in Liverpool. He was a fish out of water doing his best, where are the Lib-Dems or Greens on QT? Why do they keep inviting the SNP on in England while ignoring the smaller national parties? It's bizarre.

For the Institute of Economic Affairs we had Emily Carver. When asked by Alyn Smith to say who funded her organisation her response was 'How boring'. Which pretty much described her entire performance. She had absolutely nothing of any substance to add to the debate besides one rather amusing moment. While discussing getting people back to the office she ended her soliloquy with a 'joke' about Jacob Rees-Mogg's notes as if they had been a good thing. She looked briefly pleased with herself then noticed the tumbleweed and her face dropped. It was the only time I laughed all night.

For Mo Hussein we had Mo Hussein. He seems a nice chap, bit of a dweeb/nerd. I've never heard of him and if you look him up on Wikipedia you get a boxer from Hackney in the 1960's. Which definitely isn't him. Apparently he's worked in the Home Office which didn't seem right because he's clearly not a racist psycopath. Who knows who Mo was but he seemed a decent, sensible sort.

Sorry if this review is boring but I can only work with what I'm given.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »