Thursday 3rd September 2015

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Thursday 3rd September 2015

Post by LadyCentauria »

I thought I'd start today's thread with the joyful (to me) news that this planet has around three-trillion trees gracing its landscapes, contrary to the earlier estimate of a mere four-hundred billion. That's an increase from sixty-one trees per person to more than four-hundred-and-twenty trees per person. As a result of this new number, a campaign to plant a billion trees (who didn't even know, originally, if there was room for that many) has now decided to up their ambition to planting a trillion trees as part of their fight to combat global warming. Video and text reports on this page from NPR (National Public Radio), here:
http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod ... -there-are

I wish everyone here the best day possible :heart: :zen: :rock:
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
refitman
Site Admin

Re: Thursday 3rd September 2015

Post by refitman »

Morning Lady C.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

Not sure whether already posted

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please sign.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Thanks Hugo. Have signed it and passing it on.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

& I think we can firmly dispense with any notion that FTN is any way too pro-Corbyn.
Yesterday's posts show that.

Am not going to 'flounce' out at having to read through post after post picking apart his every utterance and telling us the world will end if he wins.

Just hope to see those so angry or dismissive about him proved wrong.
But when so many Labour members and supporters will be out to shred him from the first, helping the Tories do so, their gloom and doom scenario will likely occur.
That'll be followed by a lot of 'I told you so' mutterings from those who will have moved heaven and earth to ensure his leadership was a disaster.
If that were to play out the Labour party will probably lose the two members in my household.

Hugo's link to the petition shows that there are things we agree on though, so maybe that's where to focus.
Last edited by yahyah on Thu 03 Sep, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

Blimey, what a strange day, agreeing with Baroness Warsi on Radio 4- she wants more help for refugees.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Morning.

Is it just me ... or is this a bit nonsensical? He will resign his constituency seat - but stay in the Conservative party and be their Mayoral candidate?
Zac Goldsmith has signalled his determination to do nothing to jeopardise his campaign to stand as the Conservative candidate in the London mayoral contest by confirming that he will remain in the party even if he is forced to resign his parliamentary seat over the expansion of Heathrow airport.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ird-runway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So he'll stand down - but he won't really stand down.

Wouldn't he have resigned his constituency seat anyway if he won the Mayor contest?
Working on the wild side.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

yahyah wrote:Blimey, what a strange day, agreeing with Baroness Warsi on Radio 4- she wants more help for refugees.
She went a very long way around the houses before saying that though. Seems to be going out of her way not to ruffle the Cameron chicken feathers. I was wondering why. She's not her usual ebullient self.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Bryant MP ‏@RhonddaBryant 18m18 minutes ago
Chris Bryant MP retweeted Giles Wilkes
It used to be Andy Coulson’s job to make up lines like that. Maybe he’ll be back, too.

Giles Wilkes‏@Gilesyb
No10 apparently insists "Britain is at the forefront of responding to the asylum crisis".

Imagine it's your job to say that sort of thing
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

If Cooper & Kendall refuse to work with Corbyn in the event of him winning, at least it will open the way for new blood, & Welsh blood at that.

''Shadow Welsh Secretary Owen Smith has confirmed he would be willing to serve in a Jeremy Corbyn-led Shadow Cabinet if the veteran left-winger wins the Labour leadership contest.

Mr Smith, the MP for Pontypridd, broke his silence to say that Labour MPs should rally round whoever is elected leader.''

Apparently the Telegraph had him mooted as a possible Shadow Chancellor under Corbyn, along with John McDonnell.
He is a Burnham backer, but good to see him willing to help to move the party forward if his candidate doesn't win rather than helping ensure Labour fail.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... th-9980090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Chris Ship ‏@chrisshipitv 8h8 hours ago
I suspect at some point on Thursday, Cameron's position on migrant crisis might start to shift. If not numbers, then certainly his language
Aah. Maybe that's the reason for Baroness Warsi's very careful stance. She can't make it look as though Cameron has been pushed into any softening of his position. He has to look as though it's all his own doing when he starts to be emollient later on today - as if it was all his idea all along. We are probably about to see another reworking / transformation of him to Saviour Cameron over the next few days.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

& to help balance the anti-Corbyn bandwagon, sorry mood, here at the moment:

''An unelectable extremist who hijacked their party has already served as prime minister – her name was Margaret Thatcher
The Iron Lady's similarities with Jeremy Corbyn are striking – right up to her election, many Tories saw her as a walking electoral disaster''

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 82479.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

rebeccariots2 wrote:
Chris Ship ‏@chrisshipitv 8h8 hours ago
I suspect at some point on Thursday, Cameron's position on migrant crisis might start to shift. If not numbers, then certainly his language
Aah. Maybe that's the reason for Baroness Warsi's very careful stance. She can't make it look as though Cameron has been pushed into any softening of his position. He has to look as though it's all his own doing when he starts to be emollient later on today - as if it was all his idea all along. We are probably about to see another reworking / transformation of him to Saviour Cameron over the next few days.
Can't see him getting away with it, myself. He's put himself firmly on the wrong side of the argument. As far as I'm concerned there's little the West can do to help resolve the situation in Syria, but we can take refugees, it's pretty much all we can do without risking making the situation worse.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

The petition's got another 10,000 votes since Hugo posted it, great considering the time of day.
yahyah
Prime Minister

Post by yahyah »

That won't stop him trying though Willow.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Alex Forrest retweeted
Peter Hayes FRPS ‏@peterhayes123 6m6 minutes ago
Today's cartoon in The Times by Peter Brookes. http://fb.me/6WiKfslXM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

Maybe not politics but I have finally had cause to knock the neighbour up below, a delivery van was parked in my usual space. I was asked where the address was but they had no flat number, just a name. I had a feeling it may be her but a new tenant has moved into another one of the flats. So first good deed for the day was saying I'd check... and indeed it were her.

After telling her of the delivery van, I asked whether she had heard that we had the police enter her flat. Yes she had, she'd gone to her mothers but was extremely grateful for our concern and surprisingly cheery given her circumstance. Further introductions were made, and no I did not inform her of her gorgeous bright hazel eyes or her warm smile. What do you take me for?

@SpinningHugo

Thanks, SH, duly signed.

Edit: removed 'other' from 'another one of the other'. Oops.
Last edited by utopiandreams on Thu 03 Sep, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would close my eyes if I couldn't dream.
rebeccariots2
Prime Minister

Post by rebeccariots2 »

Perhaps Katie Hopkins and Rod Liddle could also feature in a new reality show. 'Loudmouths In Retreat'. Minimum two years on an island with no means of communication.

I predict one of them would probably kill and eat the other before the time was up.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

Good morfternoon.

Compare and contrast -
Britain should not take more Middle East refugees, says David Cameron

Prime minister maintains hardline position despite pressure for UK to do more to help amid outcry over pictures of drowned refugee child in Turkey (Guardian)
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/s ... e-refugees
UK seems to relax pressure on Caymans over company register (Guardian)
Yes, I know this involves the never-beginning talents of one Grant Shapps, but what was I saying yesterday about David Cameron and money-making (or, to be more precise, making more money for those who already have more than they could possibly know what to do with)?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... y-register

@SpinningHugo

Thank you for the link to the petition.

Will now wait to see if DC relents but then blames any UK cuts on refugees and those who "swarmed" to their cause.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

I appreciate I can be annoying as my late wife would attest. For example she was once a little upset by the young lady with a young child that I'd exchange smiles with during our supermarket shopping, especially the time she joined a checkout queue immediately behind us. When confronted I merely suggested that maybe she like us just comes shopping at the same regular time; never did know or speak to her.

Worse though was the farmer's wife we were doing custom furniture for. She fluttered her eyelashes at all the guys if it could earn her some discount and after placing the order she popped into the workshops every week during her weekly shopping trip to progress her order. That did prove problematic when after my lunch in town she bumped into me on the way back and my wife happened to be there. My wife was so concerned that I daren't make her furniture myself nor deliver it, but got my most able employee to do so. Funnily enough I met her some time later at another furniture place and the guy reckoned he was in with a chance. I have previously mentioned said chap for other less than flattering reasons. Ho hum.

Regrets? Mmm maybe but I'm not so sure. 'And I'd earlier asked permission to forget someone today, now who could that be? Oh yeah, remember the good times even if some are questionable.

Edit: inserted 'a young' into 'with child'. Hardly the same is it? Not saying I wouldn't exchange smiles mind.
Edit: replace 'accepting' with 'placing'
Last edited by utopiandreams on Thu 03 Sep, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

yahyah wrote:& I think we can firmly dispense with any notion that FTN is any way too pro-Corbyn.

Am not going to 'flounce' out at having to read through post after post picking apart his every utterance and telling us the world will end if he wins.

But when so many Labour members and supporters will be out to shred him from the first, helping the Tories do so, their gloom and doom scenario will likely occur.
That'll be followed by a lot of 'I told you so' mutterings from those who will have moved heaven and earth to ensure his leadership was a disaster.
If that were to play out the Labour party will probably lose the two members in my household.

Hugo's link to the petition shows that there are things we agree on though, so maybe that's where to focus.
Evenaftermorninoon all....

Thank you for this....I'm starting to find that coming in here and writing something is getting increasingly difficult - I'm starting to feel that if I don't agree with certain posters (on Northern Ireland/Falklands Conflict, for example) I'm going to be castigated as a 'stupid useless unthinker'....and my view may or may not coincide with Corbyn....but I can like/support someone and not necessarily agree with everything they say....please see Burnham....who I am very happy to have as the leader of Labour/the opposition....it's just that, in my view as an outsider, pieces like this are a 'breath of fresh air' as one of the respondees' put it....

Jeremy Corbyn: My radical plan for the arts will make Britain happier
Labour leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn says he will invest in the arts, protect the BBC and ensure every child can learn a musical instrument

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ppier.html

....and in the Telegraph, no less - when I took the poll, the result was 63% in agreement....my prediction would be that I'm going to be told that this is a completely absolutely unworkable and fantasist policy.....

....and, I found this (long read) talking about Peoples QE etc....I live in Hope (just north of Peterborough) that I am not now going to be responded to with 'just wrong' style posts - I would (genuinely) be interested to know what the 'bad' is with regard to this?

PQE is sound economics but is not in the QE family

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=31626

...and whilst I'm about it, another question....I sense a great deal of hostility from within Labour (and Labour members) towards Diane Abbot, and while I have deep reservations about anyone taking the shilling to share airtime with Portaloo and Brillohead, I can also see some positives - at the risk of being shouted at, what did she do that was so bad?
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
Lonewolfie
Lord Chancellor

Post by Lonewolfie »

BTW - just signed petition....96,625 so far....
Proud to be 1 of the 76% - Solidarity...because PODEMOS
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Morning all. Special day today...it was the third of September, that day I'll always remember...

Signed the petition - over 96,700 now.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Cooper made a *very* good speech on the refugee crisis, but strangely enough it doesn't make me better disposed towards her. It actually makes me even more narked that for so long her campaign was so wretchedly cynical - saying next to nothing of substance and thus hoping to squeeze through on transfers :roll:

My ballot paper has just been posted, so (dons tin hat)

Leader: 1 AB 2 LK (!) 3 YC

Deputy: 1 SC 2 CF 3 TW

So why, after all I have said about her these last few months, did I put Liz second? Because I think she is a better politician and person than her almost comically maladroit campaign has made her appear, and the last few weeks (with all hope gone) has shown that. She has also - let's not brush this under the carpet - recieved some horrific abuse, often crudely and nastily misogynyist, and taken it in her stride with dignity and good humour.

As for not preferencing Jezza - he has much going for him and if he does win I will of course fully support him. But at the end of the day I don't think he either thought he could win at the outset, or indeed wanted to. In his aim then - broadening the debate and reminding party grandees that the Labour mainstream could no longer be ignored - he has succeeded brilliantly. Ever the optimist as Hugo likes to tell me, the surge in activism he has produced is IMO an unequivocally good thing.

Re the deputy leadership, Watson has said some very sensible stuff recently about how the party needs to go after next month - especially if you know who *does* win - and so has gone up in my estimation in the campaign much as Ed Balls did back in 2010. But it has to be Stella :)
Last edited by AnatolyKasparov on Fri 04 Sep, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

I signed the petition last night, it was 43,000 at the time.
Was going to link it here this morning.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Petition signatures now...100,711

Parliament will consider this for a debate

More and more Tory MPs telling their own government that they have to act.

Wow - went up by 1,000 inside a couple of minutes.
utopiandreams
Speaker of the House

Post by utopiandreams »

One final outburst before I explode, this from yesterday's thread
Me, me, me wrote:... Yes you bloody twat Cameron call out a sparky when you have a trip with the absence of the sound of music, Worse still that others really were having difficulties. He's not just a wuss, ohso, or an unfeeling bastard toward others with or caring for disability, but a fucking idiot too.

Sorry about that, my youngest has advised I get back to computing.

Postscript: or demonstrate any humanity toward refugees in crisis. I could go on and indeed I do.
Confession time. More insomnia woke at 2 and couldn't get back to sleep. No I wasn't putting the world to rights unless you call lying on your back imagining you're face to face with Dave and firing a constant barrage of put downs. Not sweary ones I hasten to add but really, really clever ones. Of course I cannot remember a single one, but no doubt one or two shall pop out at opportune moments. Unlike the other morning at least I wasn't speaking out loud; eventually got up at 3 when sleep really wasn't on the menu. Speaking of menu, there's no chance I'd afford to eat with Dave, that would cost more than my life's savings.

See I can add a political slant to my conversation. What conversation? The one in my head.

Edit: replace 'burst' with 'outburst' and corrected you're
Last edited by utopiandreams on Thu 03 Sep, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AS on the G liveblog is highlighting tories tweeting about the refugee crisis, Ruth Davidson and Nadhim Zahawi among them.
Willow904
Prime Minister

Post by Willow904 »

Lonewolfie wrote:
yahyah wrote:& I think we can firmly dispense with any notion that FTN is any way too pro-Corbyn.

Evenaftermorninoon all....

Thank you for this....I'm starting to find that coming in here and writing something is getting increasingly difficult - I'm starting to feel that if I don't agree with certain posters (on Northern Ireland/Falklands Conflict, for example) I'm going to be castigated as a 'stupid useless unthinker'....and my view may or may not coincide with Corbyn....but I can like/support someone and not necessarily agree with everything they say....please see Burnham....who I am very happy to have as the leader of Labour/the opposition....it's just that, in my view as an outsider, pieces like this are a 'breath of fresh air' as one of the respondees' put it....

Jeremy Corbyn: My radical plan for the arts will make Britain happier
Labour leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn says he will invest in the arts, protect the BBC and ensure every child can learn a musical instrument

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... ppier.html

....and in the Telegraph, no less - when I took the poll, the result was 63% in agreement....my prediction would be that I'm going to be told that this is a completely absolutely unworkable and fantasist policy.....

....and, I found this (long read) talking about Peoples QE etc....I live in Hope (just north of Peterborough) that I am not now going to be responded to with 'just wrong' style posts - I would (genuinely) be interested to know what the 'bad' is with regard to this?

...and whilst I'm about it, another question....I sense a great deal of hostility from within Labour (and Labour members) towards Diane Abbot, and while I have deep reservations about anyone taking the shilling to share airtime with Portaloo and Brillohead, I can also see some positives - at the risk of being shouted at, what did she do that was so bad?
Every child being able to learn a musical instrument is similar to what Tristram Hunt has said about children from all backgrounds being able to access after school clubs and activities. There is much of value that is denied children from poorer backgrounds because of cost.
"Fall seven times, get up eight" - Japanese proverb
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Lonewolfie wrote: ....and, I found this (long read) talking about Peoples QE etc....I live in Hope (just north of Peterborough) that I am not now going to be responded to with 'just wrong' style posts - I would (genuinely) be interested to know what the 'bad' is with regard to this?

Thanks for this, lonewolfie, don't think I'm qualified to pronounce on its reliability but it's certainly food for thought.
HindleA
Prime Minister

Post by HindleA »

1.It looks like Corbyn will win,I will respect that decision
2.I equally respect people that support him
3.My opinion is no more valid than anyone else's
4.Without doubt ,SOME who support him have got another agenda, I base this on personal and historical precedent.
5.I think it will be a disaster
6.Would it play out any differently with another leader,I don't know.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

As heavyweight a list of economists denouncing Corbynomics as the laughable letter of half hearted support was lightweight

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/23076458-50d2 ... z3kOxa3Ql4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"We wish to register our opinion that the economic policies sketched by Jeremy Corbyn are likely to be highly damaging, and send this message to counter the impression that might be got from the previous letter of “41 economists” that Mr Corbyn’s policies command widespread support in the mainstream of the discipline."
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

SpinningHugo wrote:As heavyweight a list of economists denouncing Corbynomics as the laughable letter of half hearted support was lightweight

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/23076458-50d2 ... z3kOxa3Ql4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"We wish to register our opinion that the economic policies sketched by Jeremy Corbyn are likely to be highly damaging, and send this message to counter the impression that might be got from the previous letter of “41 economists” that Mr Corbyn’s policies command widespread support in the mainstream of the discipline."
So...are you going to analyse what they wrote about or simply give us your unbiased (sic) opinion as to their economic credibility?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:As heavyweight a list of economists denouncing Corbynomics as the laughable letter of half hearted support was lightweight

So...are you going to analyse what they wrote about or simply give us your unbiased (sic) opinion as to their economic credibility?

You really want me to explain all this again at length? With links? I will if you like, but I am surprised if you are being serious. Sarcasm never really works in print I find.
frightful_oik
Whip

Post by frightful_oik »

I can't see either list so it's all wasted on me. Petition at 121k a few minutes ago.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many - they are few."
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

SpinningHugo wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote:

You really want me to explain all this again at length? With links? I will if you like, but I am surprised if you are being serious. Sarcasm never really works in print I find.
Actually I'd prefer it if you didn't post this stuff at all - utterly pointless. No-one's mind is going to be changed by you posting anti-Corbyn stuff. In fact, it might actually harden their attitude.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

RogerOThornhill wrote:
SpinningHugo wrote:
RogerOThornhill wrote: So...are you going to analyse what they wrote about or simply give us your unbiased (sic) opinion as to their economic credibility?

Actually I'd prefer it if you didn't post this stuff at all - utterly pointless. No-one's mind is going to be changed by you posting anti-Corbyn stuff. In fact, it might actually harden their attitude.

Would it be helpful if I had a nice bold avatar so you could skip past me?
StephenDolan
First Secretary of State

Post by StephenDolan »

Morning all.

Quick poll, who has voted, who hasn't? I have.
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

StephenDolan wrote:Morning all.

Yes.

My only real question was whether to have a 'tactical Burnham' at number two. Decided against.

Today being another reason why. Andy Burnham, asked about Yvette Cooper's call for Britain to take refugees o Sky News: "I called the day before for Britain to take our fair share."

-"I said it first"
-"No I did"
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

SpinningHugo wrote:Not sure whether already posted

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105991" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please sign.
Thank you for posting the link.
I've signed the petition.

Good-morning, everyone!
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Not yet......
But my mind is made up at last.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

I've voted.

(And, just to tie up the loose ends, I've also signed the petition.)
AngryAsWell
Prime Minister

Post by AngryAsWell »

Can't access it - any clues as to who has signed it ?
SpinningHugo
Prime Minister

Post by SpinningHugo »

AngryAsWell wrote:

Can't access it - any clues as to who has signed it ?
https://longandvariable.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul Levine
Professor of Economics,
University of Surrey
Tony Yates
Professor of Economics,
University of Birmingham
Wouter den Haan
Professor of Economics,
London School of Economics
John van Reenen
Professor of Economics,
London School of Economics
George Magnus
Associate, China Centre,
University of Oxford
Ronald MacDonald
Professor of Economics,
Glasgow University

I won't post the full list, but they are all properly credentialed economists. Even the burger king at the end.
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

The Times says that Germany should not lecture Britain over the migration crisis and that Cameron is right to resist pressure to take a quota of refugees.

Downing Street is resisting refugee quotas for the good reason that they would amount to an open invitation to the thousands of refugees already on the move across the Continent and to millions more from Syria to Afghanistan. These people need practical help in situ. They do not need false hopes of a fantasy life in Europe when the reality so often is the appalling risk of death by trafficking or, at best, a twilight existence in an asylum system being tested to destruction ... (Politics Live, Guardian)
So the Times is admitting that it's beyond David Cameron's wit to sort out the two problems that they mention?
PorFavor
Prime Minister

Post by PorFavor »

SpinningHugo wrote:
I won't post the full list, but they are all properly credentialed economists. Even the burger king at the end.
Thanks - I did wonder . . . .
LadyCentauria
Speaker of the House
Location: Set within 3,500 acres of leafy public land in SW London

Post by LadyCentauria »

@StephenDolan: Not voted yet but more or less certain to put Burnham first for leader and Eagle for deputy.

@utopiandreams: Re bone-picking from last night. Ah. I throw myself on your mercy and crave forgiveness but I hadn't given any thought about your noisy pipes. 'Twas my son wanted to be the plumber. I just had to hand that boiler fault-code - it happens I'd had the same trouble with mine as you have had with yours, more problems with it in the few years since it was installed than with the near-thirty-yr-old boiler it replaced. Sound engineer, guitar tech, general roadie, mainly muso is me. Plus a wide range of other jobs. Good with saws, spanners, soldering-irons, pitchforks, brushes, & saddle-soap, me - or was when my body obeyed me better - but unafraid to give most things a go, having RTFM-ed, first ;) (Also, had a grin at you knocking-up your new neighbour. Oo-err, missus!)
This time, I'm gonna be stronger I'm not giving in...
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

Mike Smithson posted this earlier

Why Corbyn might not win the Labour leadership

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index. ... a-comments
ScreenShot00732.jpg
ScreenShot00732.jpg (64.99 KiB) Viewed 8063 times
citizenJA
Prime Minister

Post by citizenJA »

I haven't voted yet.
However, I will do so soon as I'm comfortable with my choices.

Labour leader
1) Andy Burnham
2) Yvette Cooper
3) Jeremy Corbyn
4) Liz Kendall

I didn't plan it this way but note I'll be voting in alphabetical order by Labour leadership candidates' last names.
This appeals to my 'we're all Labour, get on with it' vision for Labour.
A Labour leader ought to be a member of the team taking responsibility competently using effective blandness (!) helping us all feel comfortable, not freaked out over what may happen next.
A leader is someone to turn to for just, effective, decisive, consistent, leadership.

Deputy Labour leader
1) Angela Eagle -> extraordinary person, a role model, she's just what she says and acts consistently
2) Tom Watson
4) Stella Creasy
3) Caroline Flint
5) Ben Bradshaw

I don't dislike any of the Labour MPs listed above.
None of them set the Thames on fire but in this day and age, I think that's a very good thing.
Tom Watson is a bit of a showman but that's okay; he's a good worker.
TobyLatimer
Chief Whip

Post by TobyLatimer »

... On the other hand The Indy have this

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 82479.html

ScreenShot00733.jpg
ScreenShot00733.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 8059 times