Wednesday 26th April 2023

A home from home
Forum rules
Welcome to FTN. New posters are welcome to join the conversation. You can follow us on Twitter @FlythenestHaven You are responsible for the content you post. This is a public forum. Treat it as if you are speaking in a crowded room. Site admin and Moderators are volunteers who will respond as quickly as they are able to when made aware of any complaints. Please do not post copyrighted material without the original authors permission.
refitman
Site Admin

Wednesday 26th April 2023

Post by refitman »

Morning all.
frog222
Prime Minister

Re: Wednesday 26th April 2023

Post by frog222 »

Morning refit
Off to finish watching this, starts really well !

EDIT It does drag a lot , as he talks over her so much …

After a few seconds with him you need an online fact-checker hard at work 🙂
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Good morning.

Oh look...simple c&p error or deliberate?

If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

Tories seem to have agreed to chuck the dogwhistle and just say the quiet part out loud.
Robert Jenrick, the immigration minister, floated a new argument to defend the government’s anti small boats crusade. The people arriving weren’t just imposing an economic cost on the country, he argued; they were imposing a social cost. He told the Policy Exchange thinktank:

Those crossing tend to have completely different lifestyles and values to those in the UK and tend to settle in already hyper-diverse areas, undermining the cultural cohesiveness that binds diverse groups together and makes our proud multi-ethnic democracy so successful.
Braverman replied:

I think that the people coming here illegally do possess values which are at odds with our country.

We are seeing heightened levels of criminality when related to the people who’ve come on boats related to drug dealing, exploitation, prostitution.
One world, like it or not - John Martyn
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

The Home Office is a disgrace, part 9658

gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

gilsey wrote: Wed 26 Apr, 2023 10:26 am The Home Office is a disgrace, part 9658
Another thing that came out in the Cruella Interviews, from Kay Burley I think, is that 40% of police have less than five years service .
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

gilsey wrote: Wed 26 Apr, 2023 10:22 am
Those crossing tend to have completely different lifestyles and values to those in the UK ....
[/quote]

Replace "crossing" with "Tories, and aristocrats" or even just "career politicians".
LET'S FACE IT I'M JUST 'KIN' SEETHIN'
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Some good insistent questioning --

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

They're so bad at this
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Post by AnatolyKasparov »

Who is "they" in the above? All I have seen since yesterday is the cynical Tory stunt over sewage levels being derided by almost everybody.
"IS TONTY BLAIR BEHIND THIS???!!!!111???!!!"
gilsey
Prime Minister

Post by gilsey »

RogerOThornhill wrote: Wed 26 Apr, 2023 9:29 am Good morning.

Oh look...simple c&p error or deliberate?
Accidentally on purpose.
Andrew Sinclair
@andrewpolitics

Tories tell my colleague @PaulMoseley1 “this was a terrible mistake we apologise “ they say leaflet was provided by Conservative Central office and no one realised the mistake until they started delivering. Leaflets have now been destroyed.
RogerOThornhill
Prime Minister

Post by RogerOThornhill »

Bye bye Andrew Bridgen...apparently this was on April 12th.
If I'm not here, then I'll be in the library. Or the other library.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Bye bye Chris Pincher as well (though not until the next GE, should be sooner)
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Hello!
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Latvia later - and that's all I'm saying.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

30 Pee, what a poisonous character !

tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

Latvia's song name "Sudden lights" immediately brought to mind the migraine aura I had a few times when I tried dieting and exercising at the same time. I gave up both during covid and haven't had any such problems since. If you've never had them they're quite freaky in the sense that you see a kind of pixellated rainbow at the edge of your vision, which gradually takes over your whole field of vision so you can't see enough to do anything useful.

Disturbing though that may sound, it's nothing like as disturbing as Aija's offering to the Eurovision hoards. Musically it's at least different from any of the other genres on offer so far and I do like a bit of drumming. But in videographic terms, there were some popular Eurovision memes - weird make-up, sinister undertones and of course the almost ubiquitous swimming pool. But what I hadn't expected was the ritual drowning by a bunch of Dutch youths all dressed up for tomorrow's "Kings Day."

Clanger rating:
Was it fun? Well, given the drowning, not really
Was it dancey? Maybe (cf. drums) but not really poppy enough for a clanger's groove thing.
What would Terry have said about it? He may have remarked on the man buns and facial topiary - though these things did pale into insignificance given the ending.

Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Wed 26 Apr, 2023 5:55 pm Latvia's song name "Sudden lights" immediately brought to mind the migraine aura I had a few times when I tried dieting and exercising at the same time. I gave up both during covid and haven't had any such problems since. If you've never had them they're quite freaky in the sense that you see a kind of pixellated rainbow at the edge of your vision, which gradually takes over your whole field of vision so you can't see enough to do anything useful.
Scintillating Scotoma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma

I had them a couple of years ago for about a month for no apparently good reason then they just vanished. The first time it happened I thought I was having a stroke or something.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Which I must say caused me to shit myself far more than the thought of being drowned in the bath by a bunch of orange zombie kids.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

RogerOThornhill wrote: Wed 26 Apr, 2023 2:25 pm Bye bye Andrew Bridgen...apparently this was on April 12th.
Widely thought he will now become the first Reform Party MP.
tinyclanger2
Prime Minister

Post by tinyclanger2 »

I thought I'd detached a retina or something. It was indeed an unsettling experience.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

Ch4 News - Would you set up a safe and legal route for people to claim asylum from Sudan?

Yvette Cooper - Blah waffle, helping British nationals, waffle blah, assisting neighbouring countries, blah waffle.

She was no better than Danny Kruger who proceeded her. In fact even he said we may have to set up a route in the future if the fighting continued. Yvette wouldn't even go that far. Absolutely appalling.
Sky'sGoneOut
Prime Minister

Post by Sky'sGoneOut »

tinyclanger2 wrote: Wed 26 Apr, 2023 7:21 pm I thought I'd detached a retina or something. It was indeed an unsettling experience.
Did you go through the process of trying to look up your symptoms online while simultaneously panicking and not being able to see properly?

That was a lark.

Once I realised they were harmless and barely came with any headache I just enjoyed the free psychedelic show. At least you've got an idea what caused yours. Despite racking my brains I couldn't think of anything out of the ordinary I might have been doing to act as a catalyst.
AnatolyKasparov
Prime Minister

Cooper is pretty right wing objectively speaking, but gets a free pass from loads of #FBPE/centrist types for her "adult in the room" vibes.
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Several months ago I had a very definite 'snow falling vision' at the outside of each eye, a little disturbing at first but there wasn't enough to prevent normal life and it was very intermittent too .

Long gone now .

"Blah Waffle reminded me of the Labour Leadership contest, my memory says it was in a church but it's probably wrong, but I distinctly remember the three others doing BW, and Corbyn talking human .

ALSO, @Sky, do remember that the Tories were way way way ahead in the polls which was what decided May to have the election . Then she performed atrociously , Corbyn did well, and she only just scraped in .

The rest is history as dey say
frog222
Prime Minister

Post by frog222 »

Much enjoyed watching a couple of clips of Marina Purkis versus the Moggster, and a bit of the excuse for humanity which is 30Pee Lee being bloody rude to the Met Chief on this evenings Novara Live .

The Brexiteer Tory at the top of that mob is very often a bully (quelle surprise) and the next on the watch list is--

refitman
Site Admin

Post by refitman »

I might back Ireland in the Eurovision